Mr.Picard

Mr.Picard's Jean-Luc Picard Collection, Y'All.

17 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Phew. I thought I was being weird again. :laugh: I'm not good at reading emotions or moods in general BUT with Sir Patrick I can do so (I guess with him I'm really trying?) and I've literally seen pics on which I thought "the poor guy, he's cringing internally". There are, however, also a few (not many) photo ops pics that show him REALLY amused because of something funny the fan brought or is wearing. But the vast majority of the pics is... well... artificial.

I agree.
And, of course, when I had my pic taken with the late Sir John Hurt, I SWORE to myself that I would be cool and collected; that I wouldn't look as wide-eyed, or fanboy-ish as every other geeky/nerdy fan, but when the moment came?

f50f218a95c889e972b2e98d161de588.jpg

^ Yeah, I f--ked it up... :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I agree.
And, of course, when I had my pic taken with the late Sir John Hurt, I SWORE to myself that I would be cool and collected; that I wouldn't look as wide-eyed, or fanboy-ish as every other geeky/nerdy fan, but when the moment came?

f50f218a95c889e972b2e98d161de588.jpg

^ Yeah, I f--ked it up... :laugh:

He looks happier to be taking the pic than you do :laugh: (I know, you were nervous! Most fans are when they meet someone they really admire. I think.)

43 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

He looks happier to be taking the pic than you do :laugh: (I know, you were nervous! Most fans are when they meet someone they really admire. I think.)

No, I'm just a dork...:laugh:

1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

No, I'm just a dork...:laugh:

A CUTE dork. :inlove:;) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

A CUTE dork. :inlove:;) 

You are too charitable. ;)

3 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

You are too charitable. ;)

No, YOU are CUTE! *blush* :laugh: *massive Sehlat crush*

5 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

No, YOU are CUTE! *blush* :laugh: *massive Sehlat crush*

OpfkuToK5gSHK.gif

1 minute ago, Mr.Picard said:

tumblr_inline_nh907hcRY91qgmapj.gif

^
Love Picard's reaction: It's like, "Yes, of course you'll want to console-kiss me.  Oh okay, very well..." :P

And yes, I kinda ship those two as well.  

16 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
Love Picard's reaction: It's like, "Yes, of course you'll want to console-kiss me.  Oh okay, very well..." :P

And yes, I kinda ship those two as well.  

Me, too. I SWEAR I want to write another Picard/Troi fic at some point. They really go well together.

I got a really cool book today called "What Would Captain Picard Do?" and I decided to make a little awkward video review. Excuse the awkwardness, but Jean-Luc on the cover just kept distracting me. Bad Jean-Luc!

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

I got a really cool book today called "What Would Captain Picard Do?" and I decided to make a little awkward video review. Excuse the awkwardness, but Jean-Luc on the cover just kept distracting me. Bad Jean-Luc!

I know I've said this before, but your English (and American accent) are so good, that if I didn't know better I'd swear we were living on the same block! :laugh:

Secondly, it was delightful to hear your voice again!  Thanks for making the video and thanks for sharing your obvious (hehe) enthusiasm over this book.  As for the book's 'young adult' demographic?  Yeah, I've never paid attention to those; if I enjoy reading it, I buy it.   I don't care who is the intended demographic.  

And I loved that 'take the call' caption when Picard is answering his 'android' phone (hehe...nice!).

Thanks once again for sharing that! :thumbup:

27 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I know I've said this before, but your English (and American accent) are so good, that if I didn't know better I'd swear we were living on the same block! :laugh:

Secondly, it was delightful to hear your voice again!  Thanks for making the video and thanks for sharing your obvious (hehe) enthusiasm over this book.  As for the book's 'young adult' demographic?  Yeah, I've never paid attention to those; if I enjoy reading it, I buy it.   I don't care who is the intended demographic.  

And I loved that 'take the call' caption when Picard is answering his 'android' phone (hehe...nice!).

Thanks once again for sharing that! :thumbup:

Thank you! I'm glad! I'd hate to have a German accent, I dunno, it would ruin the experience for me somehow. I'm weird about this, but when I speak a foreign language I want to get it RIGHT. No accent. It's a weird obsession of mine although it tends to confuse native speakers of the English language. "Wait I thought you were German?" "I am...?" "Then why do you sound American?" Sir Patrick was the latest victim of this, his confused face when I said "yeah I'm German" was priceless, his "you have a slight American accent...?" reaction even more so. I can't help the confusion tho - I can't put on a fake German accent just to make people less confused, now can I...? :laugh: 

I was being calm, you don't want to know the noises I made when I then actually proceeded to READ the book! :laugh: And yeah, screw demographics. The book is REALLY well-written, I could almost hear Jean-Luc's voice sometimes, and THAT is something I'm VERY particular about, people getting his character right. This book does so. It also has a few slashy pages but I discovered them only when I read it so I'll probably make a separate post about them, heh. (No video this time tho. Haha.)

11 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Sir Patrick was the latest victim of this, his confused face when I said "yeah I'm German" was priceless, his "you have a slight American accent...?" reaction even more so. I can't help the confusion tho - I can't put on a fake German accent just to make people less confused, now can I...? :laugh: 

Speaking as one who hears them (and speaks with one) everyday, your American accent is a lot more than 'slight'... it's spot on.  ;)

13 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I was being calm, you don't want to know the noises I made when I then actually proceeded to READ the book! :laugh: And yeah, screw demographics. The book is REALLY well-written, I could almost hear Jean-Luc's voice sometimes, and THAT is something I'm VERY particular about, people getting his character right. This book does so. It also has a few slashy pages but I discovered them only when I read it so I'll probably make a separate post about them, heh. (No video this time tho. Haha.)

A shame... I'd love to hear the pterodactyl screech performed live. :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Speaking as one who hears them (and speaks with one) everyday, your American accent is a lot more than 'slight'... it's spot on.  ;)

A shame... I'd love to hear the pterodactyl screech performed live. :laugh:

Don't forget that Sir Patrick is British - they have a unique diplomatic and polite way of understating things when they make statements about other people and their character traits. "You have a slight American accent" means "holy s**t, you sound American as f**k" :laugh:

You'd have heard quite a few screeches, haha! I need to re-read the book and sort my thoughts before I can post an actual nice review here. (I'll make a separate topic for it, probably.) :)

5 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

Don't forget that Sir Patrick is British - they have a unique diplomatic and polite way of understating things when they make statements about other people and their character traits. "You have a slight American accent" means "holy s**t, you sound American as f**k" :laugh:

True...:laugh:

5 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

You'd have heard quite a few screeches, haha! I need to re-read the book and sort my thoughts before I can post an actual nice review here. (I'll make a separate topic for it, probably.) :)

Look forward to it!

I bought green glitter paper today (don't judge me) and then finally put my Jean-Luc/Locutus stamps into a suitable picture frame:

Frame.jpg

So much glitter, so much love!

I bought green glitter paper today (don't judge me) and then finally put my Jean-Luc/Locutus stamps into a suitable picture frame:

Frame.jpg

So much glitter, so much love!

Awww... :happy:

8 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Awww... :happy:

Now all I FINALLY need to buy is a bedside table! :laugh: I don't have one, I have pictures put up all over the place but this kind of thing belongs on a beside table!

3 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Now all I FINALLY need to buy is a bedside table! :laugh: I don't have one, I have pictures put up all over the place but this kind of thing belongs on a beside table!

Yes, indeed it does.  

Come to think of it, I can't recall a time in my life when I didn't have a bedside table.  Even as a kid, I had a dresser near my bed that I used to tape pictures of my favorite things on.  Yes, these were the dark days before you could store all your pics digitally.  :P

3 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Yes, indeed it does.  

Come to think of it, I can't recall a time in my life when I didn't have a bedside table.  Even as a kid, I had a dresser near my bed that I used to tape pictures of my favorite things on.  Yes, these were the dark days before you could store all your pics digitally.  :P

Or digital picture frames. (Although BLERGH. No. I prefer ONE frame, ONE pic! *Worf voice*) Seriously tho I have Jean-Luc EVERYWHERE around me, I literally have two cardboard cutouts right next to my bed who watch me sleep, maybe even MORE pics aren't needed but then... one can never be surrounded by enough Jean-Luc... hmm...

Or digital picture frames. (Although BLERGH. No. I prefer ONE frame, ONE pic! *Worf voice*) 

We got one of those years ago for Christmas...it's still in the box in our storage space.   I'm with you; ONE pic, ONE frame..... dammit:P

And yes, "Where Silence Has Lease" popped into my brain at that exact second too... :giggle:

39 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

We got one of those years ago for Christmas...it's still in the box in our storage space.   I'm with you; ONE pic, ONE frame..... dammit:P

And yes, "Where Silence Has Lease" popped into my brain at that exact second too... :giggle:

We're just too old for this new technology :laugh: 

We're just too old for this new technology :laugh: 

W-where's your mommy?  I don't know... :P

The latest addition to my collection:

The Jean-Luc Picard Itty Bitty! I've wanted this ever since Hallmark announced them but was REALLY sad since it's "in stores only", but a friend of mine who lives in the US was kind enough to get one for me and send it over.

coll-99.jpg

IT'S SO SUPER FLUFFY AND TINY AND ADORABLE just like Jean-Luc :inlove: