Mr.Picard

Mr.Picard's Jean-Luc Picard Collection, Y'All.

749 posts in this topic

Every year at the local XMas market there's a guy who makes these customized little hearts. I go there every winter and get my little heart with Jean-Luc on it. I have been doing this for about eight years now. The guy who makes them knows me by now and is like "omg it's you again, you are SO faithful, I hope he appreciates that" towards me. (And then I get the whole thing for a bit less than others because the man likes faithful people.)

When I was a retail manager (thankfully retired) I would've appreciated such customer loyalty. ;)

Every year at the local XMas market there's a guy who makes these customized little hearts. I go there every winter and get my little heart with Jean-Luc on it. I have been doing this for about eight years now. The guy who makes them knows me by now and is like "omg it's you again, you are SO faithful, I hope he appreciates that" towards me. (And then I get the whole thing for a bit less than others because the man likes faithful people.)

When I was a retail manager (thankfully retired) I would've appreciated such customer loyalty. ;)

Well he is the ONLY one who makes these hearts! ;) But he seems more fascinated by the fact that I want the same name every year than by the fact that I come to him and ask for a heart, lol.

Another part of my collection - Locutus of Borg phone case thingy:

Loci-I_zpsea66555d.png

Well he is the ONLY one who makes these hearts! ;) But he seems more fascinated by the fact that I want the same name every year than by the fact that I come to him and ask for a heart, lol.

Loci-I_zpsea66555d.png

That is SOOO neat.

Loci-I_zpsea66555d.png

That is SOOO neat.

Resistance REALLY was futile when I saw it, I HAD to have it.

Loci-I_zpsea66555d.png

That is SOOO neat.

Resistance REALLY was futile when I saw it, I HAD to have it.

I'm pretty sure I don't doubt you. :P

The Jean-Luc hearts! I love those!

And another awesome flag *nods with approval* I really need to hang mine up now. As for patches, I have a jean jacket that might work, but I don't know how cold the winters get here, so I don't know if I want to sew my patch on it yet.

Awesome phone case.

Thanks Mish! :)

Here's another part of my collection - more JLP action figures. I bought them myself, those weren't gifts - except for the "Tapestry" one. That one an acquaintance of mine got me from Ebay.

Coll-7_zps6e65ec5e.png

The one in front is the one that actually came with the captain's chair but I love it so much that I want it without the chair. It's a season 1 figure, after all - and everyone knows how much I love Grumpy Picard from seasons 1 & 2.

I didn't even realize they'd made a blue "Tapestry" figure! Holy cow.... :ohmy:

You are a true completist, monsieur.....

I didn't even realize they'd made a blue "Tapestry" figure! Holy cow.... :ohmy:

You are a true completist, monsieur.....

It was a bonus figure, it came as an extra with something that I can't remember (but didn't buy, lol). It wasn't sold as a separate action figure. (Otherwise I'd have gotten it myself.) It looks wonderful, though.

Ooooh I'm not a completist, lol! With action figures I take the "when I come across it in some way, I'll give buying it a thought" approach. Most of my other figures were gifts, though. I don't want to spend tons of money on action figures, especially not since JLP figures are always the most expensive ones. The figures on the pic above I bought because I really wanted them because they do look a lot like him. (Like I said, I'm picky about that kind of thing.)

Love the action figures! The only time I splurged on one was for the official Alfred Bester one. It was $30. I just...I had been searching for it for over a year, and when I saw that an Amazon seller had it, I *had* to buy it!

How much to JLP figures usually run?

Love the action figures! The only time I splurged on one was for the official Alfred Bester one. It was $30. I just...I had been searching for it for over a year, and when I saw that an Amazon seller had it, I *had* to buy it!

How much to JLP figures usually run?

That depends on how rare they are. There's a silver First Contact statue thingy that's about $150. It also depends on whether they're still in the original packaging or not. There are cheap figures for $10 and there are extremely rare ones for up to $300.

Another poster of mine - Locutus:

Locili_zps8e704053.png

Next collection items:

The First Contact Enterprise-E model (a gift from someone who no longer needed it) and a huge poster of a promo pic from my favorite two-part TNG episode, "Unification" (also a gift).

Coll-8_zpsd715a4ee.png

Love the posters, especially the Romulan one...that's a nice model too!

Oh wow about the prices on the rare JLP figures. I guess I'm lucky I like Chekov/Walter Koenig. His action figures (other than the Bester one) are pretty cheap. There is one expensive one that runs for $60 though. I haven't looked for it in a long time, so the price could have come down. Even if the price was down right now, I can't buy it :( Darn moving expenses :P

So...how many JLP figures do you have in total?

Oh wow about the prices on the rare JLP figures. I guess I'm lucky I like Chekov/Walter Koenig. His action figures (other than the Bester one) are pretty cheap. There is one expensive one that runs for $60 though. I haven't looked for it in a long time, so the price could have come down. Even if the price was down right now, I can't buy it :( Darn moving expenses :P

I have about 30 of them. Not that many, I know... but I am picky about them. It's not just the price that keeps me from getting some of them, it's also the fact that many don't look like Jean-Luc at all. $60 would be an average price for some JLP figures. For example, there is one for about 60 Euros that I'm dancing around at the moment. I normally wouldn't buy it because it's way too expensive (60 Euros is about $75 I think), but it is him in his season 3-7 DRESS uniform and I'm really torn. Maybe it's something to consider for myself for XMas, lol.

Here's another part of my JLP action figure collection.

Coll-10_zpse3fdc791.png

My favorite is the HUGE Insurrection dress uniform figure. I bought it at THAT convention. Almost all of the others are gifts. The one in First Contact mid 21st century civilian clothing I got from this forum's own Voyager, a dear friend of mine. The second one from the left in the front, the First Contact one, was my first JLP figure. I got it at the "nerd store" (these days all it has is comics) in the nearby city. I kept looking at it whenever I got there and at some point I just HAD to buy it because JEAN-LUC.

I have about 30 of them. Not that many, I know... but I am picky about them. It's not just the price that keeps me from getting some of them, it's also the fact that many don't look like Jean-Luc at all. $60 would be an average price for some JLP figures. For example, there is one for about 60 Euros that I'm dancing around at the moment. I normally wouldn't buy it because it's way too expensive (60 Euros is about $75 I think), but it is him in his season 3-7 DRESS uniform and I'm really torn. Maybe it's something to consider for myself for XMas, lol.

Here's another part of my JLP action figure collection.

Coll-10_zpse3fdc791.png

My favorite is the HUGE Insurrection dress uniform figure. I bought it at THAT convention. Almost all of the others are gifts. The one in First Contact mid 21st century civilian clothing I got from this forum's own Voyager, a dear friend of mine. The second one from the left in the front, the First Contact one, was my first JLP figure. I got it at the "nerd store" (these days all it has is comics) in the nearby city. I kept looking at it whenever I got there and at some point I just HAD to buy it because JEAN-LUC.

To me, it looks like the tiny Picard in the foreground is running from a mob of angry cloned giants... :giggle:

To me, it looks like the tiny Picard in the foreground is running from a mob of angry cloned giants... :giggle:

He actually is the one in charge. Secretly. Sssh.

It's always the little guy..... :P

Well Jean-Luc is actually the shortest guy of all the male main TNG characters, so, it does make sense in a way. ;)

Well Jean-Luc is actually the shortest guy of all the male main TNG characters, so, it does make sense in a way. ;)

I remember standing next to his wax figure at Madame Trussaud's wax museum (in Las Vegas) and I was surprised that I was taller than the figure (and I'm only 5'8"/1.72 m). How tall is Sir Patrick?

I remember standing next to his wax figure at Madame Trussaud's wax museum (in Las Vegas) and I was surprised that I was taller than the figure (and I'm only 5'8"/1.72 m). How tall is Sir Patrick?

He used to be about 1.77 meters when he was doing TNG. (They did give him boots with thicker soles on TNG so that the height difference to Riker and Worf wouldn't be THAT glaring, actually.) But he's shrinking these days. When I met him in 2005, he was slightly taller than I was, so, 1.77 seemed legit to me. (I am 1.73 meters.) Next time I met him in 2009, he was as tall as I am, if not even a bit shorter.

Another part of my collection:

Coll-9_zps847194cd.png

A friend of mine brought me this picture (it originates from a First Contact pic) from a convention. I don't even know which one, lol. I didn't ask - it was a gift and that's all that matters, haha.

He used to be about 1.77 meters when he was doing TNG. (They did give him boots with thicker soles on TNG so that the height difference to Riker and Worf wouldn't be THAT glaring, actually.) But he's shrinking these days. When I met him in 2005, he was slightly taller than I was, so, 1.77 seemed legit to me. (I am 1.73 meters.) Next time I met him in 2009, he was as tall as I am, if not even a bit shorter.

Ah, spinal shrinkage.... another joy to look forward to. :laugh:

Ah, spinal shrinkage.... another joy to look forward to. :laugh:

Well, at least he admits that he's shrinking, that's the first step I guess. ;)

He'll always be tall in his accomplishments, if not stature.... :thumbup:

Edited by Sehlat Vie

He'll always be tall in his accomplishments, if not stature.... :thumbup:

queen-elizabeth-this.jpg

Besides, I like men who are only as tall as I am or even shorter. I don't like tall men. :P