Mr.Picard

Mr.Picard's Jean-Luc Picard Collection, Y'All.

749 posts in this topic

I just got this absolute hoodie gem:

coll-95.thumb.jpg.44f64d5a8496f1e2f55c95

They offered it in black, but this time I had to go with Federation blue.

^
I love that!  Gorgeous color.  That Federation logo is a perfect embellishment. 
:thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got this absolute hoodie gem:

coll-95.thumb.jpg.44f64d5a8496f1e2f55c95

They offered it in black, but this time I had to go with Federation blue.

^
I love that!  Gorgeous color.  That Federation logo is a perfect embellishment. 
:thumbup:

Yup, it represents Team Picard perfectly. :inlove:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lunchbox is here!

coll-96.thumb.jpg.875157e3d91526be3f6d17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

That is gorgeous!!! :thumbup:

It totally is! It's small and cute, easy to handle and carry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

That is gorgeous!!! :thumbup:

It totally is! It's small and cute, easy to handle and carry!

The Ent-D looks almost three dimensional; like it's just warping right off of the box!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

That is gorgeous!!! :thumbup:

It totally is! It's small and cute, easy to handle and carry!

The Ent-D looks almost three dimensional; like it's just warping right off of the box!

That was what made me buy the box - I'm not THAT much of an Enterprise-D fan, but the 3D-ish effect REALLY grabbed me, even on the preview pic on Amazon. I didn't expect for the effect to be THIS strong, but I'm certainly not complaining - it looks terrific!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

That is gorgeous!!! :thumbup:

It totally is! It's small and cute, easy to handle and carry!

The Ent-D looks almost three dimensional; like it's just warping right off of the box!

That was what made me buy the box - I'm not THAT much of an Enterprise-D fan, but the 3D-ish effect REALLY grabbed me, even on the preview pic on Amazon. I didn't expect for the effect to be THIS strong, but I'm certainly not complaining - it looks terrific!

Not a big fan of the Ent-D aesthetically but on that box, I agree; she looks gorgeous.   There are times when the Ent-D is photographed or presented just right and she looks simply amazing.   That box is one of those instances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

That is gorgeous!!! :thumbup:

It totally is! It's small and cute, easy to handle and carry!

The Ent-D looks almost three dimensional; like it's just warping right off of the box!

That was what made me buy the box - I'm not THAT much of an Enterprise-D fan, but the 3D-ish effect REALLY grabbed me, even on the preview pic on Amazon. I didn't expect for the effect to be THIS strong, but I'm certainly not complaining - it looks terrific!

Not a big fan of the Ent-D aesthetically but on that box, I agree; she looks gorgeous.   There are times when the Ent-D is photographed or presented just right and she looks simply amazing.   That box is one of those instances. 

Exactly. It also reminds me of the opening scene in "Encounter At Farpoint", and that really sells things for me because...

tumblr_nhfjd9Qq4D1tu7563o4_500.gif

Edited by Mr.Picard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally managed to frame one of the publicity pics that a Twitter friend of mine sent me a while ago:

frame.jpg

And my new Sir Patrick cardboard cutout finally met his pals:

Cutout-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

I finally managed to frame one of the publicity pics that a Twitter friend of mine sent me a while ago:

frame.jpg

And my new Sir Patrick cardboard cutout finally met his pals:

Cutout-2.jpg

^
You've created your own Picard/Sir Patrick army....:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
You've created your own Picard/Sir Patrick army....:laugh:

Others have a Hulk... I have Jean-Luc and Sir Patrick. MUCH more effective. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone drew this for me yesterday:

Chibi Drawing Alexander And Jean-Luc Smooch.png

Awww? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Someone drew this for me yesterday:

Chibi Drawing Alexander And Jean-Luc Smooch.png

Awww? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Bow ties are cool (to quote Matt Smith)...:thumbup:

To the happy couple. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Bow ties are cool (to quote Matt Smith)...:thumbup:

To the happy couple. ;)

Thank you! We look happy, yeah! :)

I specifically requested a rainbow bow tie, one must never forget that Alex used to work as a bartender in Hamburg's red light district and is very much aware of its history of being a somewhat safe haven for folks of "non-traditional sexual orientation". He'd definitely wear a rainbow bow tie from time to time. Heh.

Oh and a friend of mine who lives in Canada was kind enough to send me these (got them yesterday):

Star Trek Stamps.jpg

I want to do something really special with the JLP ones, I have an idea but I have to buy a tiny picture frame first. For now, though - these look really wonderful. I like how they put some thought into the whole "a captain and his personal nemesis" idea behind them. I love that they didn't choose Q for Jean-Luc, I've never understood people who think Q is Jean-Luc's nemesis. It makes no sense whatsoever to me - Q is clearly IN LOVE with Jean-Luc, not intent on DESTROYING him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Thank you! We look happy, yeah! :)

I specifically requested a rainbow bow tie, one must never forget that Alex used to work as a bartender in Hamburg's red light district and is very much aware of its history of being a somewhat safe haven for folks of "non-traditional sexual orientation". He'd definitely wear a rainbow bow tie from time to time. Heh.

Oh and a friend of mine who lives in Canada was kind enough to send me these (got them yesterday):

Star Trek Stamps.jpg

I want to do something really special with the JLP ones, I have an idea but I have to buy a tiny picture frame first. For now, though - these look really wonderful. I like how they put some thought into the whole "a captain and his personal nemesis" idea behind them. I love that they didn't choose Q for Jean-Luc, I've never understood people who think Q is Jean-Luc's nemesis. It makes no sense whatsoever to me - Q is clearly IN LOVE with Jean-Luc, not intent on DESTROYING him.

^
Those are SO MUCH BETTER than the US' Star Trek 50th anniversary stamps (no offense to my dear friend who got me a bunch of them; she works at the post office):

474004-S0.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Yeah they're TOS only. Of course. Nothing new here. TOS is the cash cow these days, and CBS (and Paramount) act like as if a 50 year old franchise with six television series - I'm counting TAS - has only ONE to draw inspiration from when it comes to merchandise. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous and frustrating. I'm therefore also VERY pleased to see that Archer got some love as well with the Canadian stamps - I'm really thinking about making a little something for him too since it's SO RARE to see him get ANY attention whatsoever. Whoever designed these stamps really put some thought into it, and I like that. There should be more merchandise like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

^ Yeah they're TOS only. Of course. Nothing new here. TOS is the cash cow these days, and CBS (and Paramount) act like as if a 50 year old franchise with six television series - I'm counting TAS - has only ONE to draw inspiration from when it comes to merchandise. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous and frustrating. I'm therefore also VERY pleased to see that Archer got some love as well with the Canadian stamps - I'm really thinking about making a little something for him too since it's SO RARE to see him get ANY attention whatsoever. Whoever designed these stamps really put some thought into it, and I like that. There should be more merchandise like them.

I'm still hoping that we get a bit of TNG love this September for the 30th anniversary.  

I know the Vegas convention is already advertising photo ops with the TNG cast on a new mockup of Ten-Forward (which I assume is NOT the same Ten-Forward they had last year with the Mac Cosmetics company display; which was pretty cool, I must say...).

0df45bee4dc240caa1cce52d4ea4dca7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I'm still hoping that we get a bit of TNG love this September for the 30th anniversary.  

I know the Vegas convention is already advertising photo ops with the TNG cast on a new mockup of Ten-Forward (which I assume is NOT the same Ten-Forward they had last year with the Mac Cosmetics company display; which was pretty cool, I must say...).

0df45bee4dc240caa1cce52d4ea4dca7.jpg

Photo ops that cost SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS. SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS. AND they tried to rip off the fans even MORE by charging extra money from Gold (and some other metal) ticket holders for the TNG cast reunion event until a s**t storm on social media stopped them.

Don't get me started on the Vegas convention. This is just INSANE. I'm sorry, but there are a LOT of heartbroken fans who can't even START to afford this kind of thing. And I don't think the actors even KNOW exactly WHAT is going on either. Gates McFadden was HORRIFIED when she heard of the prices on Twitter. Honestly, that is just NOT OKAY, anniversary or not. This is NOT love for TNG, this is exploitation of fans. Sorry, but I'm just angry about this. I know I could sit back and laugh at those who shell out a hundred and fifty (!!!) dollars for an autograph of Sir Patrick and then seven hundred and fifty dollars for a cast picture with him (he won't do solo photo ops) but I'm not laughing, I'm feeling for those who could never even begin to afford this and whose only chance to meet the man IS at a Star Trek convention because they can't afford to go and see him doing a stage play in either the US or the UK. It's not fair. No one complains about a few extra dollars for a cast pic, but charing SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS for it is just... bats**t. Sorry. (But not sorry.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Photo ops that cost SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS. SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS. AND they tried to rip off the fans even MORE by charging extra money from Gold (and some other metal) ticket holders for the TNG cast reunion event until a s**t storm on social media stopped them.

Don't get me started on the Vegas convention. This is just INSANE. I'm sorry, but there are a LOT of heartbroken fans who can't even START to afford this kind of thing. And I don't think the actors even KNOW exactly WHAT is going on either. Gates McFadden was HORRIFIED when she heard of the prices on Twitter. Honestly, that is just NOT OKAY, anniversary or not. This is NOT love for TNG, this is exploitation of fans. Sorry, but I'm just angry about this. I know I could sit back and laugh at those who shell out a hundred and fifty (!!!) dollars for an autograph of Sir Patrick and then seven hundred and fifty dollars for a cast picture with him (he won't do solo photo ops) but I'm not laughing, I'm feeling for those who could never even begin to afford this and whose only chance to meet the man IS at a Star Trek convention because they can't afford to go and see him doing a stage play in either the US or the UK. It's not fair. No one complains about a few extra dollars for a cast pic, but charing SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS for it is just... bats**t. Sorry. (But not sorry.)

Now don't hold back, my friend... tell me how you really feel.  :P

Yes, I agree; it's just theft.  That's why I never pay for photo ops.  Usually I get an autograph, or a shot with my iPhone, or if cheap enough; both.  But yeah, those constipated photo ops just aren't worth it.  Usually the cast member (esp. Shatner) looks as if they'd rather be having bamboo chutes lodged under their finger nails.  It's humiliating both for the fan and the cast member.   Usually I just ask if I can snap their pic (without me being in it) as they're autographing.  If they say no?  Fine.  I still get the autograph.  Usually they don't say no to an iPhone pic (though some have).

And yes, the prices are outrageous... but, to paraphrase 'the voice' in 1989's Field of Dreams, "If you charge it, they still come..."  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Now don't hold back, my friend... tell me how you really feel.  :P

Yes, I agree; it's just theft.  That's why I never pay for photo ops.  Usually I get an autograph, or a shot with my iPhone, or if cheap enough; both.  But yeah, those constipated photo ops just aren't worth it.  Usually the cast member (esp. Shatner) looks as if they'd rather be having bamboo chutes lodged under their finger nails.  It's humiliating both for the fan and the cast member.   Usually I just ask if I can snap their pic (without me being in it) as they're autographing.  If they say no?  Fine.  I still get the autograph.  Usually they don't say no to an iPhone pic (though some have).

And yes, the prices are outrageous... but, to paraphrase 'the voice' in 1989's Field of Dreams, "If you charge it, they still come..."  ;)

Huh? I was being TAME compared to what I said on my FB. :P

I can't blame Sir Patrick for not doing photo ops this time (they ARE awkward, it's the LAST thing I'd pay for, ugh it would make me SO uncomfortable to force him into posing for a weird paid pic with me like this, it feels so... so... dirty and cheap somehow, I dunno, I couldn't bring myself to do it, he's too important to me) but of course I've had fans complain at ME for it (like as if I can do something about that...?). "HEY YOU, why isn't Patrick doing photo ops?" < How should I know? I was almost tempted to say "I'll ask him next time he visits his basement, which serves as the location of this fan page's operator" but I stopped myself in time - sarcasm is difficult to detect for some folks, lol.

Nah, really... I know that folks DO pay those outrageous prices. (And therefore make sure next year's autographs and photo ops cost even MORE.) But I WAS glad to see a LOT of outrage when Creation went TOO far with their extra charge for the TNG reunion panel. At least SOMETHING overstepped the line. There is hope.

Oh and there are other cons with TNG reunion thingies that are maybe even half the price of the Vegas one. Granted, they all lack the captain (so far) but still. It's still an awesome experience to see the rest of the TNG cast on stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

Huh? I was being TAME compared to what I said on my FB. :P

I can't blame Sir Patrick for not doing photo ops this time (they ARE awkward, it's the LAST thing I'd pay for, ugh it would make me SO uncomfortable to force him into posing for a weird paid pic with me like this, it feels so... so... dirty and cheap somehow, I dunno, I couldn't bring myself to do it, he's too important to me) but of course I've had fans complain at ME for it (like as if I can do something about that...?). "HEY YOU, why isn't Patrick doing photo ops?" < How should I know? I was almost tempted to say "I'll ask him next time he visits his basement, which serves as the location of this fan page's operator" but I stopped myself in time - sarcasm is difficult to detect for some folks, lol.

Nah, really... I know that folks DO pay those outrageous prices. (And therefore make sure next year's autographs and photo ops cost even MORE.) But I WAS glad to see a LOT of outrage when Creation went TOO far with their extra charge for the TNG reunion panel. At least SOMETHING overstepped the line. There is hope.

Oh and there are other cons with TNG reunion thingies that are maybe even half the price of the Vegas one. Granted, they all lack the captain (so far) but still. It's still an awesome experience to see the rest of the TNG cast on stage.

^
The only time I ever paid for a photo op was with Sir John Hurt, at a Doctor Who convention two years ago (and about a year before he passed away sadly).  The only reason I did so?  Because it was cheaper than paying for the autograph with a personal iPhone pic.  :laugh:

But yes, even if the heavens align just right and I DO get to meet Sir Patrick this summer?   I wouldn't want to have him do some awkward stilted pose anyway (the selfie you took with him is just pure awesomeness... that was genuine).   I'd rather just get the autograph, and maybe (?) catch a pic of him up onstage, if I weren't allowed to take a phone pic of the signing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

^
The only time I ever paid for a photo op was with Sir John Hurt, at a Doctor Who convention two years ago (and about a year before he passed away sadly).  The only reason I did so?  Because it was cheaper than paying for the autograph with a personal iPhone pic.  :laugh:

But yes, even if the heavens align just right and I DO get to meet Sir Patrick this summer?   I wouldn't want to have him do some awkward stilted pose anyway (the selfie you took with him is just pure awesomeness... that was genuine).   I'd rather just get the autograph, and maybe (?) catch a pic of him up onstage, if I weren't allowed to take a phone pic of the signing.

 

That's a solid reason I can get behind. :laugh:

He probably won't allow phone pics during signing, don't be disappointed when you see a "no photos" sign. (It tends to hold up the line, imagine everyone pulling out their phone and taking pics of him. It's also probably pretty annoying for him, too - people would probably be like "Patriiiiiick, could you look up" and whatnot, a lot of people have never heard of the term "boundaries", and he just wants to avoid all this photo fuss, which is also why he generally refuses selfies at events or when people meet him somewhere.)

People always show me their convention pics with him and I just... just... I mean I'm VERY happy for them that they got to meet him and managed to get a photo ops pic but it's all so... so... artificial? Is that a word to describe a pic? Maybe I'm weird but it really doesn't look like something "authentic", not like something he did because he WANTED to, but because he was PAID for it. I realize how incredibly INCREDIBLY lucky I am to have that selfie and that he said yes when I asked (I DID give him the option to say no, I did say "it's okay if you say no, I don't want to force you into a picture" but he wouldn't have it and just waved his hand and smiled and scooted over, so, it was okay, and I don't feel bad for asking since he immediately and readily agreed without hesitation. If he had hesitated even for a second I'd have said "it's okay I don't need a pic, I don't want to make you uncomfortable, you're too important to me, this isn't about ME, it's about YOU"), it is NOTHING he usually does with someone he has just met. I don't know what exactly it was that set me apart from other folks he's had conversations with but I'm glad it happened, whatever it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

He probably won't allow phone pics during signing, don't be disappointed when you see a "no photos" sign. (It tends to hold up the line, imagine everyone pulling out their phone and taking pics of him. It's also probably pretty annoying for him, too - people would probably be like "Patriiiiiick, could you look up" and whatnot, a lot of people have never heard of the term "boundaries", and he just wants to avoid all this photo fuss, which is also why he generally refuses selfies at events or when people meet him somewhere.)

I'm more than prepared for that possibility. ;)

19 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

People always show me their convention pics with him and I just... just... I mean I'm VERY happy for them that they got to meet him and managed to get a photo ops pic but it's all so... so... artificial? Is that a word to describe a pic?

Yes, very much so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Yes, very much so.

 

Phew. I thought I was being weird again. :laugh: I'm not good at reading emotions or moods in general BUT with Sir Patrick I can do so (I guess with him I'm really trying?) and I've literally seen pics on which I thought "the poor guy, he's cringing internally". There are, however, also a few (not many) photo ops pics that show him REALLY amused because of something funny the fan brought or is wearing. But the vast majority of the pics is... well... artificial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites