Sign in to follow this  
VolcanoLogic

My Nebula-Class (2D Artwork)

Hello, all...

Some of you who know me from other forums might remember that a while ago, I had begun a project that was a true labor of love for me... the creation of a set of nice and large 2D plans for my favorite sci-fi ship of all, the Nebula-Class starship. I have started work on the new weapons pod. Below is my progress:

Pod1.gif

I am going to be accurizing this Nebula-Class from the original filming model, so that this Nebula has proper saucer impulse engines.

More to come.

I just realized that I'll also have to accurize the Nebula's forward joint where the navigational deflector meets the lower saucer to include a photon torpedo tube, because as you can see in the screencap below, in "First Contact", the Nebula can be seen firing photon torpedoes out of a forward tube.

FCtorp.jpg

The Nebula-class is my favorite ship after the Defiant-class. So let me just say you're doing a fantastic job so far.

I've always been curious as to what the layout of the bridge is like. Do you have any plans on that?

The Nebula-class is my favorite ship after the Defiant-class. So let me just say you're doing a fantastic job so far.

I've always been curious as to what the layout of the bridge is like. Do you have any plans on that?

Thanks for the kind words! I was beginning to think nobody liked this thread, lol. To answer your question, IMO the Nebula-Class ships should share the same bridge floor plan that the Galaxy-Class has. This/my Nebula-Class will. I know we have seen two different styles of Nebula bridge (Sutherland & Prometheus), but my own version will use the exact same bridge as the Galaxy-Class, with subtle cosmetic variations.

DATA2007   

Wow thats really detailed. The Nebula is one of my favorite ships so i can't wait to see more. Wish i could do something like that. Great job. ;)

Just curious what are you using to create it with?

Thanks for the kind words! I was beginning to think nobody liked this thread, lol. To answer your question, IMO the Nebula-Class ships should share the same bridge floor plan that the Galaxy-Class has. This/my Nebula-Class will. I know we have seen two different styles of Nebula bridge (Sutherland & Prometheus), but my own version will use the exact same bridge as the Galaxy-Class, with subtle cosmetic variations.

Haha, yeah unfortunately here a lot of people LOOK at the topics, but not a lot of replies. :/

Most people agree that the ship has the same bridge lay out as the Galaxy. I was always iffy on that, but that's probably the case.

What are your subtle cosmetic variatons?

Always liked the Nebula class, more so than the Galaxy class.

Nice to see it in action again at the end of Generations, too (as the Farragut, I believe). All the necessary components of the Galaxy class, just minus the wasteful excessive spaces. It's like Starfleet was thinking a more more utilitarian and less needlessly elaborate; a compact hatchback to the 1701-D's luxury sedan. To be honest, I was never a big fan of the Galaxy class; too artsy-whale-ish looking. I prefer the sleeker-looking starships; the refit Constitution and the Sovereign class come to mind...

But the Nebula is still a great design, though...

^

Thanks, guys. The Founder: To answer your question, for the moment, here are the cosmetic changes I have in mind for the Nebula's bridge:

- The two side "circuitry access" wall panels will be changed so that they look the same as the "future" circuitry access panels we saw in the TNG episode "Future Imperfect".

- The Captain's chair will be the TNG 1st season version, with the wood flip-up arm displays.

- The two forward columns that house both the "coffee maker" (port) and the commissioning plaque (starboard) will be replaced with isolinear chip racks like the ones seen behind Data on the bridge of the Sutherland from the TNG episode "Redemption, Part II".

- Both the Tactical station (horseshoe) and the bottom of the main viewscreen will have the "box" computer added onto them, as seen in one of the alternate futures from the TNG episode "Parallels". Both box computers are related to the Nebula's equipment pod... the main viewscreen box computer displays the sensor telemetry from the pod, and the Tactical station's box computer controls the weaponry for the pod.

That's pretty much it. Nothing too wild or drastic. When the time comes, I will post an illustration of what I have in mind.

Long time no update, so I figured I'd post this. I started work on the top of the saucer section... I shift between various parts so that I don't get bored doing one thing too quickly. Yes, this/my version of the Nebula-Class will have proper saucer impulse engines, just like the Galaxy-Class. I never liked the weak little pylon impulse engines that were almost invisible and unrecognizable.

sauc1.png

Well, I've been away a LONG time, lol. Even though it's 3D, and not 2D, I figured I'd post this, since it's related to my Nebula-Class ship, the U.S.S. Quasar. As stated above, the bridge shares the exact same floor plan as that of the Galaxy-Class, with minor cosmetic changes (listed above/upthread, in reply to The Founder).

Rekkert, of Sci Fi Meshes, was kind enough to accept my commission, and build this bridge for me. It was created in Blender. The circuitry access LCARS were created by Joe Ralat, and all other LCARS were created by Rekkert. Below are three final renders of the bridge of the Nebula-Class U.S.S. Quasar, NCC-71555.

c1_10.png

c2_06.png

c5_35_by_rekkert-dbfz3x9.png

I hope to very soon resume work on the 2D plans, as I've neglected this project for far too long. As I said, I've been away too long, and for that I apologize. But now I'm back.

5 hours ago, VolcanoLogic said:

Well, I've been away a LONG time, lol. Even though it's 3D, and not 2D, I figured I'd post this, since it's related to my Nebula-Class ship, the U.S.S. Quasar. As stated above, the bridge shares the exact same floor plan as that of the Galaxy-Class, with minor cosmetic changes (listed above/upthread, in reply to The Founder).

Rekkert, of Sci Fi Meshes, was kind enough to accept my commission, and build this bridge for me. It was created in Blender. The circuitry access LCARS were created by Joe Ralat, and all other LCARS were created by Rekkert. Below are three final renders of the bridge of the Nebula-Class U.S.S. Quasar, NCC-71555.

c1_10.png

c2_06.png

I hope to very soon resume work on the 2D plans, as I've neglected this project for far too long. As I said, I've been away too long, and for that I apologize. But now I'm back.

Rekkert does do great work. Fits really well with the 2D you were working on though. Definitely feels like a bridge that belongs with the Nebula. 

Breathtaking! 

The sheer talent of our members here just blows my mind sometimes... 

tenor.gif

Thanks, guys. In terms of the 3D bridge, Rekkert deserves all the credit for that, since he's the one who modeled and rendered it. I'm only doing the 2D ortho plans.

On 10/5/2017 at 1:52 AM, VolcanoLogic said:

c1_10.png

c2_06.png

This looks wonderful.

Where is tactical in this? Worf's station is obviously gone from the Galaxy-class.

Tactical is in the exact same spot as it is on the Enterprise-D - on the horseshoe console. It's just augmented by the computer box equipment. There is also a Tactical II station in the aft station bank, located between the Mission Ops and Engineering stations.

Sign in to follow this