Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rta-man

The Beer Thread

64 posts in this topic

Just had Samuel Adams New Albion Ale. It's purported as paving the way for the American craft beer revolution. I concur! This pale ale tastes great!

Just tasted the Amber Lager from Third Shift. I hate myself for liking this beer. Now I've heard of craft beers, and I've heard of crafty beers. The latter being one slipped in by either AB InBev or MillerCoors. Third Shift Amber Lager is brewed by Coors in Golden, CO. Now THAT'S crafty!

On the other hand, I picked up more Samuel Adams Albion Ale. I highly recommend you get this one. Not only does it taste great, but I found out a little more about the original brewed by Jack McAuliffe. It's mentioned in Michael Jackson's (no, not the dead singer) Beer Companion book. Jack is credited with setting up the first microbrewery in the US (New Albion in Sonoma, CA) in 1976. This sparked the craft beer revolution. Be part of the revolution. Beer is victory!

She has an interesting blog. There isn't many females that passionate about craft beer. I left a comment on one of her blogs.

Ain't nothing wrong with a good stout. Everyone speaks different languages of beer. Ireland speaks primarily stout. Large numbers in San Francisco speak steam beer. New Orleans still speaks American lager in the absence of Dixie. Myself, I speak pilsner and lager.

Brewed in Easton, PA... not too far from Jersey.

Not at all, it's readily available from most local liquor stores that tote craft beers, and it's easily obtained from most bars sporting impressive taps, either here or in Philadelphia. I heartily recommend it, it's delicious.

Then you must favor George Washington Ale by Yards Brewery.

Unfortunately, I only get to have anything from Yards when I travel back to PA.

i personally like bud light just bc its cheap, tastes good, and i can get it all the time, however there is a beer my ex introduced me to called shock top, dont know how far it goes in distribution but its brewed using citrus peels and other spices, its also left unfiltered when the bottle it, its a personal favorite of mine next to guinness

Shock Top is pretty good Witbier style of beer. It's nationally distributed because it's brewed by Anheuser-Busch. If you can find Whirlwind Witbier by Victory, I highly recommend it. Victory Brewing Co. is in PA. I can easily get it up here in MA.

Since you like Bud Light, then you should try Bud Light Platinum. It's smoother and tastes better than Bud Light, but watch out for the higher alcohol content. It's 6% ABV (alcohol by volume) as compared to Bud Light's 5% ABV.

ive been wanting to try it out, just havent had the money as of late, and the 6% abv wont bother me any lol, if i want to get drunk i just get my big bottle of jagermeister out of the freezer

Boy, talk about lightweights. If I'm free to spend the little extra, I'll go straight for my craft beers that are well over 10%. 'Tis the season for pumpkin beers at 11.5 - 12% :thumbup:

Boy, talk about lightweights. If I'm free to spend the little extra, I'll go straight for my craft beers that are well over 10%. 'Tis the season for pumpkin beers at 11.5 - 12% :thumbup:

I'm not a huge beer drinker (a bit more of one when I was in my 20s), but pumpkin beer is pure awesome sauce.... :thumbup:

Hell, pumpkin ANYTHING wins me over real quick.

'Tis the season is right! Oktoberfest is here! Märzen beer and Pumpkin ales are the styles for the season. My favorites for this time of year are Hofbräu and Paulaner Oktoberfest.

if i want to get drunk i just get my big bottle of jagermeister out of the freezer

Everytime I see a Jager bottle I cringe. I made the mistake of sipping my first shot of it. NASTY!!! Vicks 44D taste just like it.

However, it does taste tolerable when mixed w/ Coke. See...Coke makes EVERYTHING better!!! 1 of only 2 good things to come out of Atlanta.

Yes. A large number of people have had bad experiences with Jägermeister. That's probably similar to those who had too many shots of Tequila.

Tequila makes me homicidal. It's not pretty. Thankfully I don't like either Jager or Tequila so that makes it easy to avoid. My wife, however, is Mexican and we have tq in the house, and she has no worries about me drinking it.

Yeah. It's better to simply enjoy a good beer. I'm always on the look out for what's new on the shelves. Currently, I'm anticipating Narragansett Bohemian Pilsner.

I'd like to get some Trooper beer. It's from Iron Maiden's lead singer Bruce Dickinson

Since that ESB is brewed in the UK, it'll be hard to find in the US. Although, it'll be shipping soon to one of their LA distributors (International Wine & Spirits, 4927 Bloomfield St, Jefferson, LA [504] 736-9577).

If I were you, I'd call them and find out when they'll get it and where you'll be able to buy it.

if i want to get drunk i just get my big bottle of jagermeister out of the freezer

Everytime I see a Jager bottle I cringe. I made the mistake of sipping my first shot of it. NASTY!!! Vicks 44D taste just like it.

However, it does taste tolerable when mixed w/ Coke. See...Coke makes EVERYTHING better!!! 1 of only 2 good things to come out of Atlanta.

my twin got me hooked on the stuff, i love it lol

Just had Vulcan Ale from Shmaltz Brewing Company.  It's a Red Session IPA.  If you like IPAs, you'll love this one.  I was a little confused that it's labeled as a 'Session' IPA, and the alcohol by volume is 5.4%.  Generally, anything labeled 'Session' is under 5% ABV.

DSCN0082.JPG

I'm a huge beer drinker (d'uh, I'm German, right?), as I'm not so fond of wine... the acid in wine gives me heartburn and sometimes messes with my stomach, so beer it is.

That said, to avoid too much alcohol intake, I mostly limit myself to alcohol free beer. That's not too bad, because they make really good and even tasty alcohol free brands.

I heard beer is a tricky thing in the US; most commercial mass market beers are allegedly very bad. A good friend of mine who spent two months in California recently, told me Americans have the strange habit of drinking water out of beer cans. And you even get a headache from it, although you hardly notice any alcohol in it. ;)

So I guess that explains the craft beer trend in America.

I'm lucky, because basically all German commercial beers are craft beers, according to the American definition. So you get good beer over here in any supermarket, or even in small 24/7 shops.

The last (few) beer(s) I had:

EXGJGK0DH97MP8A8Q7RFV6OQ_999x999.jpg

Jever Fun, an alcohol free pilsener (the original variant has around 5% alc).

It's an especially tart pils, due to an extra amount of hops. The brewery is situated in the East Frisian (north-west Germany) town Jever. Like pils in general, it's a common variant in north Germany.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0