Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish1941

How Would You Improve Next Generation?

128 posts in this topic

^

I'm someone who finds something nice in EVERY episode SOMEHOW - it's my Jean-Luc Picard love, I can't help it, as long as he's in an episode I find SOMETHING I like, even if it's just his simple presence. Take "Code of Honor", for example. The episode's dreadful and yet there's the scene with that fugly horse thingy at the beginning that Jean-Luc hands over to Lutan and Lutan's all like "a most thoughtful gift" and you can just see that he's clearly not impressed and Jean-Luc just looks so adorable and then there's the macho man scene when they talk about "the proper value of women" (*CRINGE*) and Jean-Luc pretends to be a macho and it's so ridiculous but he looks so cute with his glass and the way he sits and talks just screams "I PRETEND TO BE A MACHO while all I actually am is fabulous" and I just want to tackle-hug him right there and yes I know I'm weird. :P

Oh, you're no weirder than the rest of us.... we're ALL weird in some way (and those who aren't bore me, frankly). IDIC baby, IDIC! :thumbup:

Actually, I used to watch TNGs and DS9s with an somewhat eccentric friend of mine and she used to have some of the most HILARIOUS interpretations of episodes. The subtle yet obvious Freudian entendres that I would miss on my first viewings NEVER got by her, and they always cracked me up. Sometimes, I couldn't watch the episodes the same way without giggling. :giggle: Fresh perspectives can sometimes make the unwatchable watchable. :laugh:

And yes, she thought there was something going on with Riker and Picard, too... :P

I would have gotten along VERY well with her. :P

She was featured in the movie "Trekkies" (1997). The documentary made by Roger Nygard and Denise Crosby. Yes, you two would be best friends, I think... :happy:

She was a classic 'subtexter' (one who hunts for GLBT subtext in mainstream media). Her observations were often spot-on, too...

You mean she was a slash fan. XD It's always nice to know there are lots and lots of others who notice the little slashy moments. ;)

^

I'm someone who finds something nice in EVERY episode SOMEHOW - it's my Jean-Luc Picard love, I can't help it, as long as he's in an episode I find SOMETHING I like, even if it's just his simple presence. Take "Code of Honor", for example. The episode's dreadful and yet there's the scene with that fugly horse thingy at the beginning that Jean-Luc hands over to Lutan and Lutan's all like "a most thoughtful gift" and you can just see that he's clearly not impressed and Jean-Luc just looks so adorable and then there's the macho man scene when they talk about "the proper value of women" (*CRINGE*) and Jean-Luc pretends to be a macho and it's so ridiculous but he looks so cute with his glass and the way he sits and talks just screams "I PRETEND TO BE A MACHO while all I actually am is fabulous" and I just want to tackle-hug him right there and yes I know I'm weird. :P

Oh, you're no weirder than the rest of us.... we're ALL weird in some way (and those who aren't bore me, frankly). IDIC baby, IDIC! :thumbup:

Actually, I used to watch TNGs and DS9s with an somewhat eccentric friend of mine and she used to have some of the most HILARIOUS interpretations of episodes. The subtle yet obvious Freudian entendres that I would miss on my first viewings NEVER got by her, and they always cracked me up. Sometimes, I couldn't watch the episodes the same way without giggling. :giggle: Fresh perspectives can sometimes make the unwatchable watchable. :laugh:

And yes, she thought there was something going on with Riker and Picard, too... :P

The episode Galaxies Child cracks me up during the scene with Brahms and Geordi are in engineering, trying to lower the wavelength from 21 cm's (8 inches) to wean the baby. To me, it looks like neither of them could hold a straight face for that sequence...

- More use of the guest characters, like Barclay and Ro Laren. Ro should also be introduced much earlier. 

- More emphasis on character relationships, as with DS9. TNG did have some nice character material at points, particularly as it went on, but they could have fleshed it out a bit more. The whole Picard and Crusher element rarely seemed to get much material. Data and Geordie being friends is great, but it would be nice to see more of their interactions when they're not on duty. What about Guinan and Ro, and the friendship they started?

With all that said, I should point out that I haven't actually seen every single TNG episode, although I have seen a fair amount, and I enjoy the series. I'm particularly reluctant to go near the season one and two episodes, which don't seem to be very good. (Aside from The Measure of a Man, which is great.) I normally don't like it when I see people always using the term 'dated' to describe certain things, but those early seasons do feel a little dated to me. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0