• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dragon8000

dragon8000

The Phoenix

• 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

Hey everyone,

I hope to get an answer to one of my questions. I would like to know does William Shatner or Patrick Stewart take autograph request via mail. I want a photo autograph but there are not many cons in my area, so I wanted to have my questions answered my professionals.

Posted Image

#2 Mr.Picard

Mr.Picard

Spacedock

• Moderators
  • 18,976 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

I can only speak for Sir Patrick, but since you wanted to know about him...

He does answer fan mail, yes. The problem is where to send it to. His website has been claming for YEARS that he doesn't accept fan mail due to re-location, which is very much out of date. My advice would be to send fan mail directly to the theater at which he's doing a current play. (There is apparently also an address in London, but I've never researched that one properly.) It will reach him, I have heard of people getting an answer from him that way. This is going to be difficult soon, though - he doesn't have any theater plans at the moment, he's going to do a lot of cons in different countries this year instead and he's looking for movie roles and such.

tl;dr: In general, he does answer fan mail (autograph requests I mean, he doesn't write tons of long letters or something, lol). It might take a little while this year, though, since he's going to be at many different places.

#3 Scotty

Scotty

Trekcore site content & audio capper

• TrekCore Staff
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Mr. Picard, I think hes living in the United Kingdom again, hes working in a university in Huddlesfield I think.
Posted Image
Riker
: "Someone once said 'Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make it's own judgements'."
Zefram Cochrane: "Rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?"
Riker: "You did, ten years from now..."

#4 Frontier

Frontier

Omega Sector Administrator & Director of Public Relations

• Omega Sector Admin
  • 13,190 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

Also, if you're really wanting an autograph? Send the photo you want signed, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to return it in. This will dramatically increase the odds of actually receiving such. Otherwise, the best you will get is a pre-signed (photocopy) black and white image. At best.

Even sending the photo and envelope/return postage will not guarantee such; but it will raise the odds from 10% to 60% or so.

Friend of mine wrote Stewart once, did get the photos back signed, but it took about 18 months. Even Creation Entertainment has had such delays; they briefing sold personalized autographs, and what derailed the project was the nearly a year it took to fulfill the orders from Patrick Stewart.

Autographs hasn't traditionally been one of the things Stewart is known for, lol. I heard him say when I met him back in 2000 that the reason for such is that he'll turn around and see something he just signed for $50 being sold on a dealers room floor for $100 and he doesn't think it's right for people to be doing that (charging that much).

Shatner, you're 50/50 on. I've never known anyone whose sent away for such, but I know he's super busy and back and forth across the country, from a house/ranch in Tennessee (?) to California to wherever else.

What area of the US are you in, btw? I can tell you if there are any cons around you.
Follow Me on Tumblr @ frontier001.tumblr.com or Twitter @WilsonFrontier

Posted Image

Check Out One of the -475- TrekCore Signatures by the Omega Sector Signature Team!

...Or One of the -3,500- Star Trek Avatars by Frontier Found Here!

#5 Mr.Picard

Mr.Picard

Spacedock

• Moderators
  • 18,976 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Mr. Picard, I think hes living in the United Kingdom again, hes working in a university in Huddlesfield I think.

I know exactly where he lives :P , but there isn't an official fan mail address for autograph wishes in the UK. That's what I meant. Sending things to the University of Huddersfield (there's only one) won't get anyone very far, they have made it clear that they won't forward any mail. They're apparently afraid of bags and bags and bags filled with fan mail, lol.

Frontier, it's true that he is afraid of his autograph being sold on Ebay and whatnot, that's why he doesn't sign any Trek-related things at the stage door after a play. (He'll only sign playbills or the ticket.) I also think he would refuse to do anything if someone sent him maybe ten pictures of Jean-Luc Picard to sign. But one single pic shouldn't be much of a problem. I've heard of many people who got their pic back signed AND with a small "to..." as well, so, that's another way for him to make sure they don't sell his autograph on Ebay, lol. He really doesn't like that, though, that's certainly true (and understandable, IMO).

#6 dragon8000

dragon8000

The Phoenix

• 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Thanks guys, you all have been wonderful. I live in the state of Mississippi. As you can see we don't get many cons, which is sad, because I love Sci Fi/Fantasy so much. I understand Sir Patrick Stewart concerns of re-selling autographs but I want one for my personal collection. I think he is brilliant man, and I'd love an autograph. However, I doubt I'll get one. Because the only address I got was a British fan mail, and I've read that address does not work. Maybe I'll do some more research.

Thanks guys for everything, You guys rock :punk:

Posted Image

#7 captain spock

captain spock

Sovereign-Class Starship

• 7,811 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

I have Bob Orci fan mail Adress

Nebula image in header courtesy Ali Ries.