• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Olivia

Olivia

NX-Class Starship

• 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Kinda self-explanatory in the title there... If its been done before... Oops

It's hard to pick out just one ... I've broken it down into the sexes my lady at the moment would have to be Olivia Dunham from Fringe (awesome)

My main man would need to be Rick Grimes from the Walking Dead (which is also my fave show) this tv show is just nailbiting from start to finish!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Starblind

Starblind

Trekkie Goth.

• 10,268 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Dr Who, hands down. I probably enjoy that show more than Star Trek.

Not going to pick a favourite incarnation of the Doctor becasue each actor's added their own little twist to the role. Best companion has to be Ace though (Sylvester McCoy era)
Won't put into words why, the following video is enough :)

"Ah, you seek meaning. Then listen to the music, not the song." - Ambassador Kosh Naranek

Posted Image

#3 Olivia

Olivia

NX-Class Starship

• 38 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Dr Who, hands down. I probably enjoy that show more than Star Trek.

Not going to pick a favourite incarnation of the Doctor becasue each actor's added their own little twist to the role. Best companion has to be Ace though (Sylvester McCoy )

Not really ever got into Doctor Who but have enjoyed some of the new stuff ... That clip was funny tho..'who you callung small...'

made me laugh!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 MadamHoney

MadamHoney

Resident Garak Nut

• 2,205 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

Mine would be Stargate Atlantis with the very wonderful Dr Rodney McKay as my fave character. :thumbup:
Favourite female character is still Jessica Alba as Max in Dark Angel, just loved that series.

I also love Fringe, though not for Agent Dunham - lol. I've always liked Joshua Jackson since Dawson's Creek so it's a bonus he's in it. ;)

It amazes me when people say they like Ace the most, I think I hated her even more than I hate Rose and that's saying something!!! The era when Dr Who truelly went down the toilet with a whimper IMO.

Posted Image

Kiss the girl, get the key! They never taught me that in the Obsidian Order!
Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.
Odo: You'd shoot a man in the back? Garak: It's the safest way, isn't it?

#5 Starblind

Starblind

Trekkie Goth.

• 10,268 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

It amazes me when people say they like Ace the most, I think I hated her even more than I hate Rose and that's saying something!!! The era when Dr Who truelly went down the toilet with a whimper IMO.

I'd much rather have a female companion who was proactive and useful in a tight spot, than one who did nothing but scream and whinge and whine about everything. In other words Peri. Having Ace running around blowing stuff up and generally making herself useful is a breath of fresh air after two years of Peri. :)

"Ah, you seek meaning. Then listen to the music, not the song." - Ambassador Kosh Naranek

Posted Image

#6 Virogen

Virogen

TrekCore Webmaster

• Omega Sector Admin
  • 5,752 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

I would say Battlestar Galactica and Game of Thrones for shows.

For characters that's super hard to narrow down. For females - Six from BSG maybe. Males... probably Peter Dinklage really does an incredible job on Game of Thrones. Edward James Olmos is amazing too.

I'm not a big fan of Dr. Who - I tried watching it but didn't develop an appreciation for it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Mishi

Mishi

Vorta Clone

• 2,747 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

I've never seen Dr. Who, but everyone tells me I should watch it.

My favorite non-Star Trek character: Alfred Bester from Babylon 5.

Favorite non-Star Trek shows: Babylon 5, Nu Battlestar Galactica, and HBO's Rome

Posted Image

#8 MadamHoney

MadamHoney

Resident Garak Nut

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

I've never seen Dr. Who, but everyone tells me I should watch it.

As a Brit the mind boggles - lol. Give it a go. ;)

Posted Image

Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.

#9 Olivia

Olivia

NX-Class Starship

• 38 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

I would say Battlestar Galactica and Game of Thrones

Yeah these two shows are definitely in my favourites list, season two of Game of thrones begins tonight in the UK!

I also love BSG recentlt completed a marathon of this

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 MadamHoney

MadamHoney

Resident Garak Nut

• 2,205 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

I'd never even heard of Game of Thrones until someone at work mentioned it last week. It's now winging it's way to me in the post, hope it's as good as people are saying!!

Posted Image

#11 maneth

maneth

Serving under Lt. Reed

• 3,637 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Second vote for Alfred Bester / Babylon 5. NuBSG, Babylon 5, Farscape and SGU are my favorite sci-fi shows.

IDIC

Posted Image

#12 Olivia

Olivia

NX-Class Starship

• 38 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Second vote for Alfred Bester / Babylon 5. NuBSG, Babylon 5, Farscape and SGU are my favorite sci-fi shows.

How could i forget Farscape!!! Love does not describe how i feel about that show... A little OTT but what the heck!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Olivia

Olivia

NX-Class Starship

• 38 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

I'd never even heard of Game of Thrones until someone at work mentioned it last week. It's now winging it's way to me in the post, hope it's as good as people are saying!!

it's better you will not be disappointed!! Let us know how you find it?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Toonami Tom

Toonami Tom

The Robot that brought people the most awesome animated action

• 1,821 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

mine would be Babylon 5 and seaQuest DSV. From b5- Susan Ivanova. From Seaquest- Captain NAthan Bridger

Formally: Sherlock Holmes and The Green Ranger

SHOWS OF TOONAMI: Thundercats, Voltron, The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, Sailor Moon, Reboot, Dragonball Z, Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, Big O, Mobile Suit Gundam, Robotech, Batman The Animated Series, Superman The Animated Series, Gundam 08th MS Team, Dragon Ball, Tenchi Universe, Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun, G Gundam, Tenchi in Tokyo, Dragonball GT, Yu Yu Hakisho, Blue Sub 6, Superfriends, Justice League, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Batman Beyond, Dot Hack\\Sign, Transformers Armada, Transformers Cybertron, He-Man And The Masters of the Universe, G.I. Joe, Gundam 0080, G-Force: Gaurdians of Space.

"Hello Toonami faithful..." - TOM The Toonami Robot.

toonami5_zpsd698ab44.jpg

#15 Olivia

Olivia

NX-Class Starship

• 38 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

mine would be Babylon 5 and seaQuest DSV. From b5- Susan Ivanova. From Seaquest- Captain NAthan Bridger

i used to watch seaquest... Thought it was brill although not seen for years!

Also love your quotation ... Thats an old saying and a very good one reminds me of my Granny :-)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 mr Pointy Ears

mr Pointy Ears

Klingon Vor'Cha

• 2,375 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

Guess it would be dr who and favourite character would be the original starbuck.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#17 Worf_ds9

Worf_ds9

The Phoenix

• 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

i m going to say

once apon a time. its just awesome. fave character its a tie emma swan and snow white.
Lt. Commander Worf reporting for duty.

#18 VolcanoLogic

VolcanoLogic

Andorian Kumari-Class

• 61 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Admiral Adama (Edward James Olmos) from Battlestar Galactica.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 thepurpleone

thepurpleone

The Phoenix

• 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Eddie McClintock as Pete Lattimer on Warehouse 13 or David C. Giuntoli as Nick Burkhardt on Grimm

#20 Admiral Harmon

Admiral Harmon

Master of the Alternate Universe

• 2,908 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Can't choose just one, so here's the ones that tie for favorite:

Favorite Horror Show: The Walking Dead
Favorite Sci-Fi Show: Babylon 5/Farscape/SG-1

Favorite non-Star Trek Characters: Alfred Bester (Walter Keonig) from B5 and Scorpius (Wayne Pygram) from Farscape.

Why Walking Dead? I'm no lover of the Horror Genre, too predictable in my mind, but this, while it's not a jump to scare you type of scary, it still is scary.

Babylon 5: Come on now. It's B5! It helped kick-start the story-arc shows in US TV.
Farscape: That's a hilarious show! Even funnier than Stargate SG-1 in many ways.
SG-1: It lasted 10 years. It's hilarious, and has great character developments.

As for Bester and Scorpius: They don't see themselves as the bad guys, and while they aren't actually there physically in many episodes (Bester only got like what, 9 or 15 episodes?) they have such a presence that they seem to be everywhere.

My Current Fanfics (purple - completed; red - in progress)-Invincible: Season 1 / Season 2

My current blog: Adam's Day Off

http://adamdayoff.blogspot.com

I will do my best anyway to help you out as I do appreciate very much your support and understanding of BG and the sci-fi universe. - Richard Hatch of Battlestar Galactica Fame to me during a conversation on Facebook.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nebula image in header courtesy Ali Ries.