Dillkid

Which Star Trek Actors Have You Met?

Sam   

I haven't met that many - mainly because I would never travel out of my home city to do so! (Lazy!)

That being said I have met:

Andrew Robinson (Garak)

John De Lancie (Q)

Nichelle Nichols (Uhura)

Tim Russ (Tuvok)

Which is nothing to be sniffed at :)

I haven't met that many - mainly because I would never travel out of my home city to do so! (Lazy!)

Andrew Robinson (Garak)

John De Lancie (Q)

Nichelle Nichols (Uhura)

Tim Russ (Tuvok)

Which is nothing to be sniffed at :)/>

HE'S BACK!!!!! *runjumphugs*

:P

Sam   

Andrew Robinson (Garak)

John De Lancie (Q)

Nichelle Nichols (Uhura)

Tim Russ (Tuvok)

Which is nothing to be sniffed at :)/>/>

HE'S BACK!!!!! *runjumphugs*

:P/>

Well hello my dear! Back as requested :P So anything I post is all your fault!

Missed you! <3

I met Terry Farrell the day she and Rene Auberjonois were shooting the scene from "Facets" when Jadzia confronts Odo/Curzon in his quarters. She came over and took the time to say hello in between takes. Rene Auberjonois gave me this look like "What hell is this kid doing here?" but I never had the chance to meet him.

I met Terry Farrell the day she and Rene Auberjonois were shooting the scene from "Facets" when Jadzia confronts Odo/Curzon in his quarters. She came over and took the time to say hello in between takes. Rene Auberjonois gave me this look like "What hell is this kid doing here?" but I never had the chance to meet him.

That's cool! How'd you get on set, anyway?

My uncle did some camera work for TNG and DS9 so he had credentials to get onto the soundstages. I got to tour both levels of the Promenade, spin the Dabo wheel in Quark's Bar (it actually makes the noise - that's not added in), and sit in Odo's chair in the security office. We also went by the runabouts and the cave set. One of the best parts was going to the Defiant bridge where I had the chance to sit in the "big chair." We actually went by the soundstage where they were filming Voyager's pilot too, but we couldn't get in. It's definitely one of the best experiences I've ever had in my life.

Captain_Bravo, you are one lucky dude.

In the vendor's room where Andrew Robinson was signing, There was a guy a bit in front of me and the exchange went basically like this:

Robinson: Hi, how are you today?"

Fan: Great. It's great to meet you."

Robinson: You, too. Having fun?

Fan: Yeah.

Robinson: These things are always a blast. (He looks at the photo) I'll certainly sign it if you like, but this isn't me.

The fan was shocked and a little embarrassed when I and several others pointed out that it was, in fact, Casey Biggs.He tells Robinson that he's so sorry and he'd just asked the person at the table for the right one and that's what she gave him.

Robinson (laughing) I hear all Cardassians look alike. Just tell her she gave you the wrong one, get the right one and come right to the front of the line.

Fan gets nervous: They say all sales are final.

Robinson gets a little serious. Tell them *I* said they gave you the wrong one and to give you the right one. Tell them I said not to give you any sh*t about it or I'll come and get it myself and they won't like it."

We all laughed and Robinson kept it light, but he was absolutely serious about giving the vendor hell. I liked that.

Oh man, that's awesome! I want to meet Andy Robinson sometime. I hear a lot of good things about him.

My uncle did some camera work for TNG and DS9 so he had credentials to get onto the soundstages. I got to tour both levels of the Promenade, spin the Dabo wheel in Quark's Bar (it actually makes the noise - that's not added in), and sit in Odo's chair in the security office. We also went by the runabouts and the cave set. One of the best parts was going to the Defiant bridge where I had the chance to sit in the "big chair." We actually went by the soundstage where they were filming Voyager's pilot too, but we couldn't get in. It's definitely one of the best experiences I've ever had in my life.

That is SOOOOO cool. :thumbup:

And I did not realize that the Dabo wheel noise was an on-set sound; I assumed it was a sound effect. Thanks for that neat bit of insider info... :)

Going to meet nana visitor and connor trinneer on the 5th and 6th of april.

You're going to take some pics for us, right? :thumbup:

Thought I had written here already, but I guess not. So, here are the people I have met thus far:

TOS

William Shatner

George Takei

Nichelle Nicholls

TNG

Patrick Stewart

Brent Spiner

Gates McFadden

Marina Sirtis

Michael Dorn

LeVar Burton

DS9

Avery Brooks

Alexander Siddig

Andrew Robinson

Nicole Deboer

Armin Shimmerman

ENT

Scott Bakula

Connor Trinneer

Dominic Keating

Films

Malcolm McDowell (Generations)

Sonita Henry (Doctor on the USS Kelvin, ST09)

Digging through my old iPhoto library and have been archiving old convention pics to Flickr when I came across a photo of the late Majel Barrett, taken in March of 2006 (only two years or so before she passed away).

She looked frail and was clearly not well, but she kept her dignity and was a real trouper to all the fans in attendance that day (I don't think she skipped a single autograph).

She was a very gracious lady and I am glad to have met her.

16424567875_a7b3c9322a_b.jpg

kenman   

I've not had the opportunity to go to many conventions, and I'm not really one for autographs. I did, however, meet Casey Biggs in college when he came to talk to the film and theater department (which I was a student in at the time). He came off as kind of smug and dismissive of a lot of actors he felt weren't very good. He was kind of disapointing because instead of talking about the business or his craft, he seemed to spend a lot of time explaining to us that his way of acting was better than Robin Williams or Jim Carrey. It was weird and kind of a downer. Theough he did have some interesting Trek tidbits about his Damar's beginnings on the show and his death scene.

I've not had the opportunity to go to many conventions, and I'm not really one for autographs. I did, however, meet Casey Biggs in college when he came to talk to the film and theater department (which I was a student in at the time). He came off as kind of smug and dismissive of a lot of actors he felt weren't very good. He was kind of disapointing because instead of talking about the business or his craft, he seemed to spend a lot of time explaining to us that his way of acting was better than Robin Williams or Jim Carrey. It was weird and kind of a downer. Theough he did have some interesting Trek tidbits about his Damar's beginnings on the show and his death scene.

I'm a huge autograph nerd; but I don't sell or eBay them. For me, their value is strictly sentimental. A memento of the meeting.

Sorry about your Casey Biggs meeting; he sounded a bit arrogant (?). That's too bad...

And I like Biggs' Damar, but let's be honest; the late Robin Williams could act circles around that guy...

kenman   

I'm a huge autograph nerd; but I don't sell or eBay them. For me, their value is strictly sentimental. A memento of the meeting.

Sorry about your Casey Biggs meeting; he sounded a bit arrogant (?). That's too bad...

And I like Biggs' Damar, but let's be honest; the late Robin Williams could act circles around that guy...

I only had a brief one on one after his talk. I actually saw him speak twice, one was the sort of everyone in the department is invited thing, which I briefly talked to him with some classmates afterwards...and the other was a class he was invited in to talk at. The Film class was the one he really was being kind of arrogant and just rubbed me the wrong way and talked about Williams and others being of a lesser quality of acting, which I think we all kind of snickered at, because few in the class had ever seen any work from this guy dismissing an accomplished comedian and actor. It seemed a little like jealousy to me and others in that class.

I only had a brief one on one after his talk. I actually saw him speak twice, one was the sort of everyone in the department is invited thing, which I briefly talked to him with some classmates afterwards...and the other was a class he was invited in to talk at. The Film class was the one he really was being kind of arrogant and just rubbed me the wrong way and talked about Williams and others being of a lesser quality of acting, which I think we all kind of snickered at, because few in the class had ever seen any work from this guy dismissing an accomplished comedian and actor. It seemed a little like jealousy to me and others in that class.

I don't wish to presume, but I take it Biggs has never seen a Williams' movie in the last 20-30 years; "Good Will Hunting" (Oscar win), "Dead Poets Society" "Final Cut", "One Hour Photo" or hell, even "World According to Garp" were all amazing movies and Williams was largely the reason that they were special. Jim Carrey can also be terrific ("Truman Show") but Williams was in a class by himself.

kenman   

I don't wish to presume, but I take it Biggs has never seen a Williams' movie in the last 20-30 years; "Good Will Hunting" (Oscar win), "Dead Poets Society" "Final Cut", "One Hour Photo" or hell, even "World According to Garp" were all amazing movies and Williams was largely the reason that they were special. Jim Carrey can also be terrific ("Truman Show") but Williams was in a class by himself.

I would agree with all that. I don't know whether he had seen those great movies or not. And yeah Carrey was great in Truman Show, and showed a more restrained performance in even something like Eternal Sunshine. This talk happened either 2006 maybe early 2007, by then Williams had already done most of that great work, so I found it odd that he targeted him. But he either talked about what a good actor he was himself, or talked about other actors he thought weren't good. It was kind of lame.

Benedict   

I see Frakes will be at the London Film & Comic Con in July. Man I'd love to but fear various factors will get in the way. Shame as Iain Glen will be there.

Non-Trek I know but my sourmost experience with a celebrity was Gene Wilder.

Still miffed I never got to meet John Schuck when he came over in 2012 I think it was or 2013. I had the week pre-booked and work cancelled it all because of the Jubilee (fat lot of good it did with HMQ not knowing if we're open or not).

Edited by Dirk Benedict

Are you kidding me??

Damn it....Frakes is the only TNG cast member I need for the collection of Senior Staff signatures, and as luck would have it, I can't go to this one! :( Same happened a couple of years ago as well....I go to loads of events, and he goes to the one I cannot attend. :'(

EDIT - Saying that, I've just looked at the line-up, and for me it would be a very non-expensive day. Only two people I would want to see: Frakes and Richard Dean Anderson......but with RDA being £45 for an autograph and another £45 for a photoshoot pic, I would pass on that one I think.

Edited by Kieron J. Barr

Are you kidding me??

Damn it....Frakes is the only TNG cast member I need for the collection of Senior Staff signatures, and as luck would have it, I can't go to this one! :( Same happened a couple of years ago as well....I go to loads of events, and he goes to the one I cannot attend. :'(

EDIT - Saying that, I've just looked at the line-up, and for me it would be a very non-expensive day. Only two people I would want to see: Frakes and Richard Dean Anderson......but with RDA being £45 for an autograph and another £45 for a photoshoot pic, I would pass on that one I think.

You could always 'cheat'; take their pic while standing in line (clandestinely, of course) and then just getting the autograph (instead of a photo op). Just a suggestion. But I also very much understand if you want the full posed pic.

Ah, well my friend is the one who 'snipes' the pictures, while in line, etc.....thats all on my Facebook albums! lol

But still....even £45 for the autograph....I am sure Shatner's was only about £40, maybe £45, but then it is William Shatner!!

Here's the ones that come to mind; I met them all at Dallas conventions over the last 11 years.

Denise Crosby

Michael Dorn

Gates McFadden

Marina Sirtis

Brent Spiner

Wil Wheaton

Glenn Morshower

Alan Ruck

Walter Koenig

Robert Beltran

Edited by Moviefan2k4

Ah, well my friend is the one who 'snipes' the pictures, while in line, etc.....thats all on my Facebook albums! lol

But still....even £45 for the autograph....I am sure Shatner's was only about £40, maybe £45, but then it is William Shatner!!

I was a lot more sneaky back in the day, but not so much these days (trying to be good...).

I could've sniped a pic of Janet Fielding at the last DW con I attended... but didn't (pats self on back... :angel_not::giggle: ).

However, when I saw Carol Ann Ford? All bets were off... she was one of the TOS DW cast; so, I buckled:

1401da187d5d388ebf5c5905bdffdb5b.jpg0df5fb72dd17f6a07d6666b03aa72de0.jpg

BTW, this was much easier back in the days when I used my zoom lens for everything... not so easy with an iPhone (nice pic quality, but doesn't zoom worth a damn).

To quote Scotty in ST09, "I do feel guilty about that..."