Which Star Trek Actors Have You Met?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Dillkid

Dillkid

Dillon

• 1,015 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

So which Star Trek actors have you met, and where they as nice as you expected? I've never met any unfortunately, and I've never gotten around to going to a convention either. I was planning to go to one in London in the summer to meet Jonathon Frakes, Tim Russ and Jeri Ryan, and then realized that it's in July and not June, the week I'm on holiday as well. Typical! :) I'm definatly going the year after though, unless I hear of any bad experiences in this thread that puts me off.
Posted Image

#2 maneth

maneth

Serving under Lt. Reed

• 3,681 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

None yet...

IDIC

Posted Image

#3 Cheile

Cheile

Bajoran at heart

• 5,614 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

met/talked to for more than five seconds: Rene, Armin, Marc Alaimo. Rene is sweet. Armin is funny. and Marc is a riot.

said hi to: Casey Biggs, Jeri Ryan, Andy Robinson.

got called on for a Q&A question: Robbie McNeill (that was FUN) and Nana Visitor.
fanfic.net/AO3
latest updates ~ The Hand of Wrath (seaQuest, Bridger/Westphalen), newest chapter posted 10/18

~ Rhiohr's #1 fangirl ~

"To all nominating the Enterprise NX-01 [in the ugliest ships and stations topic], I know where you live."
-- Glenn, 1/19/10

me: so in a discussion over at Omega that Glenn started, i've now gotten a mental image of a border patrol vessel pulling over another ship for going warp five in a warp two zone. LMAO! (thanks, Miranda Fave, lol)
Starfire: *Consults a book on intergalactic traffic laws* So that's three points on the captain's licence and a twelve bar latinum fine then ...
DaxFan: ... unless you're in a cloaked ship and the cameras don't catch you. This is the REAL reason Sisko had a cloak on the Defiant ;)
-- from my facebook, 9/6/10

Posted Image

[icon by Bel! &&thx to Voyager for my Odo/Kira fanbar!!]
Posted Image

#4 Mr.Picard

Mr.Picard

Spacedock

• Moderators
  • 18,976 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:59 AM

Sir Patrick Stewart, twice. He was absolutely charming. :)

Also Nana Visitor, once. Very nice, too.

#5 Captain Rachel Garrett

Captain Rachel Garrett

Omega Sector Moderator, Captain of the Enterprise-C

• Moderators
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

I met:

Bob Picardo - Very friendly and down-to-earth.
Brent Spiner - Hilarious! Definitely worth meeting, even if you're just a casual fan.
John De Lancie - Nice, but I think he's not into the conventions as much.
Marina Sirtis - Really nice, talkative and funny. She's also very easy to talk to.
Michael Dorn - Very nice and polite. I had a short conversation with him about his career with the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds, which he remembers fondly.
Jonathan Frakes - Don't EVER miss out on meeting him! Frakes has to be the funniest, nicest, and most enthusiastic Trek actor I've ever met. He loves his fans, and is very, very easy to talk to. :)

Formerly known as "Varekai"

My List of Fanfictions * My Artwork and LJ Icons

Posted Image

#6 Tone720

Tone720

Church Drunk/Sarcasmo

• 8,693 posts
  • Location:Jadzia Dax's quarters, Level 6, Corridor 1, Deep Space 9

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

and here was me thinking the Thunderbirds comment was meant to be in the Frakes bit... (genuinely didn't know Dorn had flown with the USAF Squadron).

Posted Image
thanks to Voyager for the userbar :)

Don't pander to me, kid. One tiny crack in the hull, and our blood boils in thirteen seconds. Solar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats. And wait till you're sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles. See if you're still so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding! Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence.

The P***-artist formerly known as DaxFanDS9 ;)

#7 Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin

Omega Sector Moderator, Wise & Mighty Old One

• Moderators
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Only John Billingsly (Phlox). He was doing a one man show on the life and writings of Ambrose Bierce in Hollywood and I went with my younger daughter and about 20 area Trek fans. He had told our group organizer to hang around outside the theater after the show was over. The rest of the crowd dissapated and a stage hand came out with a washtub full of white wine and beer on ice. Shortly thereafter, Billingsly came out wearing a Shuttlepod One T-shirt and held court with us for about 45 minutes. The simple facts of the event tell what kind of guy John is. It was a great evening.
"Into the sands of blood comes the Sho-Rin, master of the Mutai." Babylon 5 - TKO

#8 Frontier

Frontier

Omega Sector Administrator & Director of Public Relations

• Omega Sector Admin
  • 13,208 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Met?

Shatner (x3), Nimoy (x2), Doohan, Nichols, Takei (x2), Koenig (x4), Whitney (Rand), bunch of TOS Guest stars...
Stewart, Frakes (x2), Spiner (x2), Burton, Dorn (x3), Sirtis (x2), McFadden (x2), Crosby (x3), Schultz, de Lancie, Gowron (x2), K'Ehylar and both of the Duras sisters.
Brooks (x2), Visitor (x2), Farrell (Swoon!), Auberjonis (x2), Siddig (x2), Shimmerman, Garak (x2), Damar, Dukat, Weyoun, Martok (x2), Rom, Nog, Ross, Leeta, other guests...
Mulgrew (x2), Beltran, Russ, McNeill, Dawson, Wang, Picardo (x3), Phillips (x3), Admiral Paris (x2), Dr. Chaotica,
Trineer.

Really though, best way to see who I've met... http://frontier001.t....com/autos.html

As far as opinions?

Most of them are really nice. Only a handful have been not so. If anyone wants specifics to an individual... ask... ;)
Follow Me on Tumblr @ frontier001.tumblr.com or Twitter @WilsonFrontier

Posted Image

Check Out One of the -475- TrekCore Signatures by the Omega Sector Signature Team!

...Or One of the -3,500- Star Trek Avatars by Frontier Found Here!

#9 Tone720

Tone720

Church Drunk/Sarcasmo

• 8,693 posts
  • Location:Jadzia Dax's quarters, Level 6, Corridor 1, Deep Space 9

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Met? Farrell (Swoon!),

See that would have been my reaction too... :P

Posted Image
thanks to Voyager for the userbar :)

Don't pander to me, kid. One tiny crack in the hull, and our blood boils in thirteen seconds. Solar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats. And wait till you're sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles. See if you're still so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding! Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence.

The P***-artist formerly known as DaxFanDS9 ;)

#10 Frontier

Frontier

Omega Sector Administrator & Director of Public Relations

• Omega Sector Admin
  • 13,208 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:59 AM

Met? Farrell (Swoon!),

See that would have been my reaction too... :P

She only lives a 2 hour drive from me, and I know where she teaches a yoga class. I could so be a stalker so easily... sigh... lol
Follow Me on Tumblr @ frontier001.tumblr.com or Twitter @WilsonFrontier

Posted Image

Check Out One of the -475- TrekCore Signatures by the Omega Sector Signature Team!

...Or One of the -3,500- Star Trek Avatars by Frontier Found Here!

#11 kallen-bortas

kallen-bortas

Klingon Battle Cruiser

• 343 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Marina Sirtis, Tim Russ, Garrett Wang, John Billingsly, Dominic Keating, Natalia Nogulich all at the same con.
Robert O'Reilly at another con (My ship actually met him at the airport dressed in full Klingon uniform).

Going to meet O'Reilly and J.G. Hertzler at a con this summer.
"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye!" - Koloth
"You can't grill it until you kill it" - Uncle Ted

#12 Virogen

Virogen

TrekCore Webmaster

• Omega Sector Admin
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

I have met Nicole DeBoer (at her first convention - she had no idea what they were about lol)

And Marina Sirtis.

Doug, your list is funny - you list actors and character names interchangeably :P

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 mordex

mordex

The Phoenix

• 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

William Shatner - College tour. Major dick to me & my friend.

Leonard Nimoy - Photography lecture. Cool dude.

Rene Auberjonois & Armin Shimerman - 30th Anniv. Con. Very friendly.

#14 Sehlat Vie

Sehlat Vie

Omega Sector Moderator, Loveable Vulcan House-Pet

• Moderators
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Quite a few, actually; I'll have to think of an easy way to do this.... by series, I guess.

TOS: Leonard Nimoy (sweet man; every bit a gentleman), Nichelle Nichols (an absolute doll; my wife and I just loved her!), the late Majel Barrett Roddenberry (wasn't well when I met her, but she was a trouper), Walter Koenig (that wasn't such a nice encounter; kind of a jerk really), George Takei (met him briefly at a Nissei festival in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles; we Vulcan-saluted each other; seemed very cool) and I've seen Shatner in person MANY times (most recently this past summer, at a Comic Con panel), but no autograph (no rush; I hear he's not so nice in person). Also met David Gerrold at a seminar in my city (he's the author of "Trouble With Tribbles" and "Cloud Minders"). He was very nice. Also met Grace Lee Whitney once too, at a con in 2004. For some reason, my wife didn't like her much... my wife has kind of a 'tribble sense' when it comes to people, and I've learned to trust it. But for some reason, her and "Yeoman Rand" did not click.

TNG: Brent Spiner (wickedly funny; liked him right off. We knuckle-bumped), Marina Sirtis (very nice lady), John deLancie (affable guy; he liked it when I mentioned his Alien Voices radio plays), Wil Wheaton (a very COOL guy; my friend and I both got autographs). Also met Michael Dorn and LeVar Burton (but alas, no autographs; lack of fundage... nice guys, though). I've also seen Jonathan Frakes in person but alas... also no autograph. Also met Data's 'love interest' Jenna (Michelle Scarabelli, also of "Alien Nation"; a series I used to love), and Jeanette Golstein (the comm officer of the Enterprise B in "Generations"; also the female marine "Vasquez" in ALIENS who inspired the role of Tasha Yar); she was a sweetheart. We got into a nice conversation about one of her movies, "Near Dark" (which I absolutely love, and she apparently enjoyed talking about). Almost forgot to mention (thank you edit function!) Denise Crosby; met her at Comic Con 2006. She was lovely... signed my copy of "Trekkies" (which also has three friends/former-co workers starring in it as well).

DS9: Chase Masterson (such a sweetheart; she's really sweet to her fans!), Cirroc Lofton (shook his hand; nice guy), and I've seen Nana Visitor, Marc Alaimo, Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun), Casey Biggs (Damar) and Rene Auberjonois on stage and in person, but didn't get their autographs. I really need to shore up my DS9 autograph collection. I would LOVE to get Jeffrey Combs and Nana Visitor's autographs someday.

VGR: I've met Garrett Wang, and I've gotten Robert Picardo's autograph at a Planetary Society event once (I've been a member for 15 years, and he's on our board of directors; I've seen him MANY times). Nice guy; just saw him yet again this summer (we were both at the Curiosity landing PS event in Pasadena; and about a month ago, I saw him at a Voyager spacecraft 35th anniversary seminar). Also met and shook hands with another PS member, Tim Russ (another very nice guy; liked him a lot). Sadly, I'm not really much of a Voyager fan (even though I think Jeri Ryan is absolutely hotter than the doorknobs of Hades... especially out of her 'Seven' garb and in regular 'civilian' clothes; saw her on an episode of "Boston Public" long after VGR ended, and she about knocked my socks off... :worthy: ).

ENT: Saw several of the cast onstage back at a con in 2002 (when the show was first starting out); Connor Trineer, Anthony Montgomery, Linda Park, Dominic Keating and John Billingsley. They seemed really nice. John Billingsley struck me as the wittiest of the group. No autographs, though. Someday, I'd like to get Billingsley's if I get another chance. Not really much of an ENT fan, either (although I love the pilot, a few of the 1st season and ALL of the 4th season; the 4th season ROCKED!!). TOS and DS9 remain my first loves...

ST09: Met Leonard Nimoy, the year ST09 came out at that summer's Comic Con. Again; he was such a gentleman.
Also met the actor who played the lead 'elder' at the Vulcan Science Academy (Morgan Sheppard; who was also the Klingon warden in STVI, has guest-starred in VGR, TNG and many other shows, including "Mad Men" and was a regular on "Max Headroom"). His son Mark Sheppard was also on hand; he's been in TONS of scifi TV; most notably he was "Romo Lampkin" on BSG and Doctor Who ("The Impossible Astronaut"; where he played the younger version of his father's character). Also had a friend of mine who was an extra at the Starfleet academy scene (which was Cal State Fullerton), and I also have two friends of mine who worked in the Budweiser plant where the 'engine room' of the Enterprise was shot....

In my brief, 11 year convention-going 'career' (I wish I got paid for it... ;) ), I've met literally hundreds of celebrities; actors, writers, animators, directors, etc. And for the most part? If you show them respect and courtesy, they generally show the same in return (like most of us, really). I've only had a few that were particularly negative experiences (Walter Koenig seemed bitter and a bit 'mean'; at least when I met him in 2004). :confused: But generally if you just smile, avoid gushing (aka 'fanboying' or 'fangirling'), and pay a well-thought out compliment or comment on some more obscure piece of their work? They tend to open up to you a bit more. First and foremost they're actors; and they love it when you mention a non-ST project of theirs. TOS BSG's Dirk Benedict gave me two autographs and even gave me an impersonation when I'd mentioned his stage version of "Columbo" heard done in London. He was a really funny guy... he and I actually talked for a few minutes.

Most recently (last weekend) I went to a collectibles show in City of Industry (about a half hour drive from my area) and met Chris Sarandon and Ken Page; better known as the voices of "Jack Skellington" and "Oogie Boogie" respectively, in "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (my favorite animated movie EVER!). That was quite a thrill; I was even able to get extra autographs for my sister and a friend of mine. They were very nice people. :cylonclap:

Edited by Sehlat Vie, 25 October 2012 - 04:14 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Starblind

Starblind

Trekkie Goth.

• 10,268 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Not met him face to face/ one to one, but I did see George Takei, playing the Emporer of China, in an Aladdin pantomine in Chatham a couple of years ago. I made sure we were two rows away from the front of the stage. We booked tickets partly because it was a gift for Richard's mum's birthday (as it's a week before Xmas) but largely because I had an 'OMGthisisf**kingawesome' moment when I saw in the local paper he was coming to our crappy corner of England to play the Emporer.

Awesome day, even if it did take us an hour to find somewhere to park as we had a snow storm hit the day before and ice all the roads up (becasue we can't deal with snow to save our lives). He was brilliant. :D

Edited by Starblind, 26 October 2012 - 07:45 PM.

"Ah, you seek meaning. Then listen to the music, not the song." - Ambassador Kosh Naranek

Posted Image

#16 Sehlat Vie

Sehlat Vie

• Moderators
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Almost forgot to mention in my previous long-winded post (oops!), but I've also met Robert O'Reilly ("Gowron") at a con in 2004. He was 'off' that day (he wasn't appearing or autographing) as he was just shopping for ST action figures with his two boys (no kidding; apparently his kids love ST), but he was kind enough to pose for a picture and was VERY friendly. But he was just a regular guy that day; t-shirt and jeans (I only recognized him when I saw him smiling at one of the action figures).

One of his boys was getting just a little bit antsy, and O'Reilly had a bit of trouble keeping him in line and I made some kind of joke about how tough it was to be a dad since Worf killed him. He laughed aloud, and clapped his hand on my shoulder. Didn't bother him for an autograph (since he was shopping with his boys) but he did pose for a photo. Gave me a nice, Gowron-sounding "Kapla" too (hope I spell that right...)

I have nothing but good to say about my run-in with the former chancellor of the Klingon Empire. He was one of the most down-to-earth celebrities I've ever met. :thumbup:

Also met Gary Graham (Ambassador Soval of ENT, also star of "Alien Nation"; a show I loved very much) at a con in 2006. He was pretty cool.
Signed my Alien Nation dvd set.

Edited by Sehlat Vie, 26 October 2012 - 11:41 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Ziona Rae Andreas

Ziona Rae Andreas

NX-Class Starship

• 37 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Raphael Sbarge (had a part in Voyager) but he's better known as Carth Onasi and Kaidan Alenko.

Oh, and I accidentally ran into Garrett Wang at a con once. Literally, ran into him. Awkward.

Posted Image

"Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.

Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand--

Kalahira, wash the sins from this one, and set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.

Kalahira, this one's heart is pure, but beset by wickedness and contention.

Guide this one to where the traveler never tired, the lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.

Guide this one, Kalahira, and she will be a companion to you as she was to me."

#18 ProudNerd

ProudNerd

Insert Awesome Title Here

• 1,358 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Seen in person? All main cast from TNG!

Actually spoken to? Just Brent Spiner. He's such a nice guy! Hilarious too! And he liked my costume! ;)

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

DeviantART! Fanfics!
Awesome Website!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Sehlat Vie

Sehlat Vie

• Moderators
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Seen in person? All main cast from TNG!

Actually spoken to? Just Brent Spiner. He's such a nice guy! Hilarious too! And he liked my costume! ;)

So glad that your first convention was a great memory for you.
And that your Brent Spiner encounter sounded really nice (a friend of mine used to have a wicked crush on him; she 'convention-stalked' him a few times... :laugh: ).
Glad I had a chance to meet Spiner (and get an autograph for me and my TNG fan brother-in-law); I'd have to say Spiner and Patrick Stewart are easily my favorite TNG actors.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 mr Pointy Ears

mr Pointy Ears

Klingon Vor'Cha

• 2,395 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

lToday i meet both J G Hertzler(martok)and robert O'Reilly(gowron)tomorrow i'm going to meet captain himself(william shatner)also meet Lolita fatjo(script co-ordinator for TNG,DS9,ST VOY.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Nebula image in header courtesy Ali Ries.