Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tone720

10 Days Of TNG

20 posts in this topic

I know a few of you like Mr Picard are aware of this meme that was going around the Blogs etc a few months back, but I thought I'd share what I did for it on my blog here.

I'll just put it in one link here, but I'd like to see what others would answer for each category. I have a similar one for DS9 too.

Ten Days Of TNG

Edited by DaxFanDS9

That was a good read, I especially like the Stewie Griffin quote for why Captain Picard kicks you know what. Here's mine:

1: Favourite Season

TNGCrewSeason2.jpg

tng2.png

Season 2. All I can really think of for liking this season so much is it has a lot of brilliant episodes that I never grow tired of watching. "Where Silence Has Lease", "The Royale", "Time Squared" and "Q Who" are four that come to mind first.

2: Favourite Episode

bestb.png

"The Best Of Both Worlds Part 1"

The story is superb. The acting is superb. The emotions seem so real. It is the best single episode of not only TNG or even Star Trek for that matter, but of any TV show I have ever seen.

3: Favourite Film

220px-Star_Trek_08-poster.png

First Contact

It got me into Star Trek and it's my favourite film of all time.

4: Favourite Male Character

picard-twitter.jpg

Captain Jean Luc Picard

He's Starfleet's best, he almost always makes the right command decision, he is an excellent diplomat, he is well experienced in battle when it is needed and he is wise.

5: Favourite Female Character

Deanna_loses_her_empathic_abilities.jpg

Counselor Deanna Troi

One of the only things that TNG lacked was a strong female cast in my opinion, DS9 and Voyager got it right. Troi got much better as the show went on though, by the time Season 6's "Face of the Enemy" came around she was fine.

6: Favourite Guest Star

Q.jpg

John DeLancie as "Q"

I enjoy most of the TNG episodes that he is a part of, as they are almost always interesting. He's funny as well.

7: Favourite Friendship

Elementary,_Dear_Data.jpg

Data and Geordi

I just seem to feel happy when ever I see them together, as you can tell how good friends they are.

8: Favourite Romantic Relationship

datah.png

Data and Jenna D'Sora

I must admit, I struggled with this one. But then I remembered the Season 4 episode "In Theory", and I realized that the relationship was fun to watch just for the simple fact of Data trying to become more human in this way. He was hilarious as well which helped.

9: Favourite Ensemble Moment

Entd-staff-poker-agt.jpg

Picard joins the crew to play poker

I had to think about this, but I decided on the closing scene of the Series Finale "All Good Things..." when Captain Picard finally joins the senior staff in a round of poker.

10: Favourite Quote

Picard_und_Earl_Grey.jpg

"Tea, Earl Grey, Hot."

I don't know why. It just stands out I guess...

Edited by Dillkid

1. Favourite Season - 3

2. Episode - Suddenly Human

3. Film - Generations

4. Male Character - Picard

5. Female Character - Pulaski

6. Guest - Q

7. Friendship - I don't really have one to be honest.

8. Romantic Relationship - P/Q if that counts

9. Ensemble Moment - Worf's promotion in Generations

10. Quote - There are so many great lines, but right now the first one that comes to mind is 'Sir, I protest, I am not a merry man.'

1. Favorite Season: 2

2. Favorite Episode: "The Royale"

3. Favorite Movie: First Contact

4. Favorite Male Character: Jean-Luc

5. Favorite Female Character: Lily Sloane

6. Favorite Guest Character: Q

7. Favorite Friendship: Jean-Luc & Guinan

8. Favorite Romantic Relationship: Kamin/Eline (canon), Picard/Riker (non-canon)

9. Favorite Ensemble Moment: The discussion in Jean-Luc's quarters in "Pen Pals".

10. Favorite Quote: "Sometimes, Number One, you just have to bow to the absurd." (Jean-Luc, "Up The Long Ladder")

1. Favorite Season: 2

2. Favorite Episode: "The Royale"

4. Favorite Male Character: Jean-Luc

5. Favorite Female Character: Lily Sloane

8. Favorite Romantic Relationship: Kamin/Eline (canon), Picard/Riker (non-canon)

9. Favorite Ensemble Moment: The discussion in Jean-Luc's quarters in "Pen Pals".

10. Favorite Quote: "Sometimes, Number One, you just have to bow to the absurd." (Jean-Luc, "Up The Long Ladder")

Picard and Guinan, of course, can't believe I forgot abut Guinan. That would be my favouritefriendship too.

^

I have a hard time picking friendships when it comes to TNG - basically all the canon FRIENDSHIPS are what I'd love to see as a RELATIONSHIP (such as Picard/Riker, Picard/Data, Data/LaForge, Picard/Troi and so on and so on). The same is true for Picard/Guinan, but those two I actually also love as friends, so... they were my only real choice, lol.

1. Favourite Season - Can't decide.

2. Episode - All Good Things. I love 'What If' episodes as well as the fact we finally get to the reason why Q keeps dropping in on the Enterprise as he did over the years. (The whole speech in the empty courtroom after the Enterprises get blown apart on what Q sees as Humanity's real journey of exploration)

3. Film - First Contact. It was that or Generations. Seeing the crew gain redemption over the Borg and seeing how the journey to the stars began wins out.

4. Male Character - Picard or Data. Both are brilliant.

5. Female Character - Guinan. Always there with a wise word. I love how she stands up to Q in Q Who and I *really* love the scene in Night Terrors where she defuses the mutinous sleep deprived mob in Ten Forward by getting that rifle she 'picked up on Magus III' and blasts a hole in the ceiling to put them in their place. :giggle:

6. Guest - Q. It was him or O'Brien, but he gets his years in the spotlight on DS9 so I picked Q.

7. Friendship - Data/Geordi.

8. Romantic Relationship - P/Q if that counts

9. Ensemble Moment - Picard's return to the bridge at the end of Samaritan Snare where the senior staff clap and cheer to his annoyance.

10. Quote - Worf's 'Assimilate this!' or Riker's "A blind man teaching an android how to paint? That's got to be worth a couple of pages in somebody's book."

For me, I just don't feel the TNG frienships that closely, if you know what I mean. Picard/Guinan is only the one that really touches me.

For me, I just don't feel the TNG frienships that closely, if you know what I mean. Picard/Guinan is only the one that really touches me.

Well their friendship IS a special one. It goes beyond friendship and beyond family, after all. :inlove:

1. Favourite Season: Coin toss between 2 and 3.

2. Favourite Episode: Tricky one. Could probably narrow it down to 'Q Who?', 'The Big Goodbye', 'Family', 'Sarek' and BoBW Part 1. This is really hard though!

3. Favourite Film: First Contact. The only really superb TNG film that was made. A shame they didn't do a Q one.

4. Male Character: Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

5. Female Character: Dr. Beverly Crusher.

6. Guest: Q.

7. Friendship: Picard & Guinan. This was memorable and intriguing for the most part.

8. Romantic Relationship: JLP & Beverly. Yes, they were 'just good friends', but there was always an undercurrent of something more. I think more could have been made of this 'tension' - what we did get was often suggestive though. Runner-up: Picard & Vash. Not an ideal match-up in many respects (more 'Brash' than 'Vash', I'd say!), but this served to add a bit of extra sex appeal to JLP. Not that he really needed it however...

9. Ensemble Moment: not the entire cast - but - the 'Lt. Broccoli' moment in 'Hollow Pursuits'. Just fantastic.

10. Quote: Any of the Q banter in Deja Q. Especially: "I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."

1. Favorite Season: 3

2. Favorite Episode: "The Measure of a Man"

4. Favorite Male Character: Will Riker

5. Favorite Female Character: Deanna Troi

9. Favorite Ensemble Moment: Picard's speech to Satire in the courtroom ("The Drummonhead").

10. Favorite Quote: "Oh, you're so stolid. You weren't like that before the beard." :laugh: ("Deja Q")

1. Favourite Season: Coin toss between 2 and 3.

2. Favourite Episode: Tricky one. Could probably narrow it down to 'Q Who?', 'The Big Goodbye', 'Family', 'Sarek' and BoBW Part 1. This is really hard though!

3. Favourite Film: First Contact. The only really superb TNG film that was made. A shame they didn't do a Q one.

4. Male Character: Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

5. Female Character: Dr. Beverly Crusher.

6. Guest: Q.

7. Friendship: Picard & Guinan. This was memorable and intriguing for the most part.

8. Romantic Relationship: JLP & Beverly. Yes, they were 'just good friends', but there was always an undercurrent of something more. I think more could have been made of this 'tension' - what we did get was often suggestive though. Runner-up: Picard & Vash. Not an ideal match-up in many respects (more 'Brash' than 'Vash', I'd say!), but this served to add a bit of extra sex appeal to JLP. Not that he really needed it however...

9. Ensemble Moment: not the entire cast - but - the 'Lt. Broccoli' moment in 'Hollow Pursuits'. Just fantastic.

10. Quote: Any of the Q banter in Deja Q. Especially: "I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."

curiously, I'm a Crusher fan who dispenses with the JLP/Crusher thing. Never made much sense considering he was (they say) responsible for Jack's death or the very least, in command. Like to think post-Nemesis she goes off to Medical and does her own thing. He at best visits Anij...Anji...that woman on Ba'ku.

but I like your reasoning. Picard & Vash somehow seems exciting. I like it. :)

1. Favourite Season - 3 or 7

2. Episode - Best of Both Worlds Part 1

3. Film - First Contact

4. Male Character - Will Riker

5. Female Character - Beverly Crusher

6. Guest - Elizabeth Shelby

7. Friendship - Riker/Worf

8. Romantic Relationship - Worf/K'ehlyer

9. Ensemble Moment - Any poker game

10. Quote - no idea without looking. "Mr Worf, inform Starfleet Command that we have engaged the Borg"

Edited by Mackenzie Calhoun

curiously, I'm a Crusher fan who dispenses with the JLP/Crusher thing. Never made much sense considering he was (they say) responsible for Jack's death or the very least, in command. Like to think post-Nemesis she goes off to Medical and does her own thing. He at best visits Anij...Anji...that woman on Ba'ku.

but I like your reasoning. Picard & Vash somehow seems exciting. I like it. :)

That's interesting. I think the fact that there were 'issues' and emotional baggage as far as the JLP/Crusher thing was concerned only adds to the poignancy of it. I guess I'm a sucker for will-they/won't they types of relationships and there was quite a lot of mixed signals going on between them at certain points in the series, sometimes quite subtle, sometimes more overt. And then there was 'Attached'... :cool:

As for Anij, I thought she was quite bland really: I didn't think there was much sizzle there. Vash might have been unreliable and somewhat unpredictable, but I think she would have been a lot more fun as a shore leave companion. Perhaps JLP would want to put his feet up though these days!

Posted (edited)

Favourite Season: Tough, as I'm torn between the fourth and sixth season. The fourth season has Data's Day, The Wounded and The Drumhead...I think I'll go with the fourth season.

Favourite Episode: The First Duty. A lot of people hate Wesley (or at least, they did, but I don't know if that still goes on) and yet I really do think that this Wesley episode is one of the best episodes of TNG.

Favourite Movie: First Contact. It's not amazing, but it's a solid film. Highlights include: The crew meeting Zefram Cochrane, the scene where Lily walks into Picard's room and urges him to destroy the ship, Cochrane lifting off in his own ship, with Riker and Geordie in the back.

Favourite Male Character: Picard or Barclay.

Favourite Female Character: Ro Laren. I still wish she had featured more in the series...

Favourite Guest: Guinan. She had some good moments. Trying to explain Barclay's behaviour to Geordie, introducing Worf to prune juice, hanging around and talking to Mark Twain, etc.

Favourite Friendship: Data and Geordie. I wish they had expanded on this, but I liked what we got.

Favourite Romantic Relationship: I don't really have one.

Favourite Ensemble Moment: Hmm, not sure.

Favourite Quote: Quite a few to choose from. I might come back and put one here later.

Edited by Explorer3

I've been here for years and I've never participated in this thread! :carteridea:  

Favorite season:  I honestly can't pick between 2 and 6.

Favorite episode: "Inner Light" 

Favorite movie:  Once again, a tie between "Generations" and "First Contact."

Favorite male character: Jean-Luc Picard

Favorite female character: Guinan

Favorite guest character: Q (largely because John de Lancie has such fun with the role... it's contagious).

Favorite friendship: Picard and Guinan

Favorite romantic relationship: Kamen/Eline ("Inner Light"); reminds me of my own wife and myself. 

Favorite ensemble moment: Hmmm... tough (there are MANY), but I'd have to go with Worf's promotion in GEN, because...

JX2ByBbRrlblm.gif  :giggle:

Favorite quote: Picard's, from "The Drumhead": "You know, there some words I've known since I was a school boy. With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today."

^ Largely because it's far more relevant TODAY than it ever was in 1990...

Posted (edited)

Cool thread!

Favourite Season: Very hard to choose between 2, 3 and 4... if I have to, I pick 3. Less so for individual stellar episodes and more more its general tone and constant quality.

Favourite Episode: "Frame of Mind". I love its surreal, creepy atmosphere. Though on other days, I might prefer other episodes.

Favourite Movie: First Contact. The only TNG movie that's not seriously flawed in one way or another, IMO.

Favourite Male Character: Hard to choose between Data and Picard... but I guess I have to pick Picard.

Favourite Female Character: Guinan! Not hard to pick at all. :P

Favourite Guest: Q! Not hard to pick either! :laugh:

Favourite Friendship: Data and Geordi.

Favourite Romantic Relationship: Not really fond of romance on TNG ... at all... but if I have to choose? Picard/Q then. :laugh:

Favourite Ensemble Moment: Maybe I have to think a little harder, because I'm forgetting something ... but what first comes to my mind is the court trial in "Measure of a Man". Strong Picard, strong Riker, and strong Data, of course.

Favourite Quote: Picard's quote from Aaron Satie in "The Drumhead" is definitely amazing... but I'm sure there are others I forgot. Also love Riker in "Frame of Mind": "I might be sourrounded by madness, but I am not insane!" :laugh:

Edited by Sim

Favourite Season: Maybe 4...begins with Best of Both Worlds concluding, has some great episodes throughout, and ends on what I think is a solid conclusion to the long running Klingon arc, Redemption. 

Favourite Episode: This is a tough one...BOBW is easily one of the series strongest efforts...but then there is "Tapestry." There are als0 smaller episodes, like "The Drumhead" that I just adore, because they do the kind of character stuff and alegorical stuff I think the show was really good at. 

Favourite Movie: Hard not to be First Contact, as the others are humdrum to downright awful in my opinion. FC is a solid sci-fi action movie, even if as it ages I see more flaws in it and like it a little less.

Favourite Male Character: Probably Picard.

Favourite Female Character:  I may have to go Guinan. 

Favourite Guest: Does recurring count?  I enjoyed Barclay's character in most of his appearances. 

Favourite Friendship: Data and Geordi.

Favourite Romantic Relationship: On this show? Worf and K'ehlyer...but I wish it had more episodes to explore it.  

Favourite Ensemble Moment: Poker game at the end of All Good Things. Perfect goodbye to the characters, in a way I kind of wish they never went on to the film series.

Favourite Quote: In seven years It is hard to pick one for me.  But for a laugh, I have always loved Q's "Flowers for a....John Luck Piccard?" 

1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:

10 Days Countdown to ENCOUNTER AT FARPOINT !

Gus

^
Gus

Wrong thread for promos; This is a Q&A thread, not just a catch-all thread for TNG stuff.  

Oh, I see

Thanks, Seh lat.

GUs

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0