Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Ro Laren: Dead or Alive?

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

I wasn't sure where to put this....in this forum, the TNG or DS9 forum so I put it here lol

For those who are a fan of Ro Laren (including myself)...Ro was formerly a starlfeet officer and then became a Maquis by the end of TNG season 7.

By season 6 of DS9....the Dominion War (which started in season 5), we found out that most of Maquis were killed by the Jem'Hadar in the episode, Blaze of Glory.

We all know that her fate is unknown.

In the non-canon books after DS9 ended and also for the Star Trek Online game, she is alive...survived along with some of the other Maquis (like the group we saw in Blaze of Glory). In the relaunch DS9 novels after season 7, she joined the Bajoran Militia and later reinstated to starfleet service as Chief of Security on DS9, replacing Odo after he left. For Star Trek Online, she surrendered herself to Starfleet and went to prison for a couple years and then joined the Bajoran Militia and served on DS9 for that same position as well.

As for Canon...as stated, her fate is unknown.

So what do you guys think? This sure is a mystery lol

Voyager   

In Voyager, Chakotay gets a message from a friend saying the Maquis resistance is over and that all but a few Maquis are dead. Thos who weren't killed are prisoners of war. So you can take your pick, I guess. Dead or a POW. if she were a POW then after the Dominon War was over she'd probably be released - although maybe not since the DW isn't directly related to the Cardassian/Maquis dispute, but since Cardassia was left in ruins it would be difficult to keep hold of all their prisoners.

I'm not sure. Last we saw her, she joined the Maquis and almost all of them died (outside of the VOY ones). But Ro seemed like she was good at surviving. Maybe she was at the same camp as Thomas Riker. :P

Dillkid   

I don't suppose there is anyway to tell, maybe will never know offcialy. If most of the Maquis members were killed by The Dominion then it's probable that she is dead, but you never know...

Scotty   

Most likely she'd be dead. If she was captured alive by the Cardassians, a prisonor. Once the Dominion took over they may've killed anyone who was part of Starfleet or part of the Federation and had a connection. She had a connection to Starfleet and a connection to Bajor. Also this would be best in the TNG section, she was a TNG character.

I say unknown, because (other than non-canon sources such as books or fan-fiction, which can be as real as you wish), her true fate on the show can never be known.

I'm guessing she might be alive; she was pretty tough and resourceful.

And yes, I agree with the above poster; she was dynamite on Battlestar Galactica. Loved her twist on Cain! :cylonclap:

Hammer   

Off screen, Forbes was offered a role on DS9 which she turned down, which ended up going to Visitor who played a different character, Kira, instead. This is probably why they didn't confirm her fate onscreen, they were hoping she would take the DS9 role.

Canonical, got to agree, she's either dead or got taken POW. Not sure if she would have been released after the Dominion War since she was a terrorist, not a legal combatant. If she survived, she's probably in prison for her betrayal in the last episode she appeared in on TNG.

How do we know the "contact" Chakotay had on VOY wasn't Ro Laren?

Good point...

I'm thinking she's a survivor. She made it. ;)

Hammer   

How do we know the "contact" Chakotay had on VOY wasn't Ro Laren?

It could have been anyone. There was no reason for the producers to keep the character alive if Forbes wasn't going to play the role. Canon-wise, status unknown.

Sign in to follow this