Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ishimura

Enterprise-A

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie   201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

I voted for Star Trek VI... the look was consistent with the look of the Excelsior's bridge, which really helped sell the feeling that this is indeed one big fleet with a uniform system and look in place. My second favorite for the original films Enterprise is the Star Trek V look.

I voted for VI's version of the bridge, as it has one element crucial to the old TOS bridge and totally missing from the others.... COLOR!

Themetal floor I'm not too crazy about (IV's version has that feature as well), but the rich reds contrasting with the blue/greens of the instrument panels are just dazzling. The darker tones of the walls also naturally bring out the faces of the actors as well (same strategy for the revamped TMP bridge of "The Wrath of Khan"; darker, and with more 'blinkies' as director Nick Meyer called them).

Is it me, or does it look like they added some padding the the Undiscovered country CO chair from STV? And I agree, I do like the darker chair in V better. I really didnt like the chairs at the consoles in both the V and VI bridges. They just didnt look very comfortable. They looked worse than those really really cheep computer chairs.

As you can tell from my profile pic, the 1701-A is my favorite Trek starship. And I love the Star Trek VI bridge the most, definitely

7-1701-a-bridge.jpg

As you can tell from my profile pic, the 1701-A is my favorite Trek starship. And I love the Star Trek VI bridge the most, definitely

7-1701-a-bridge.jpg

I just love the red, gray and blue/green color palette of STVI's bridge. By comparison, V's looked a bit bland.

The red doors and rear wall linings were (IMO) a nice nod to the bright red splashes of color of TOS's 1701.

I just love the red, gray and blue/green color palette of STVI's bridge. By comparison, V's looked a bit bland.

The red doors and rear wall linings were (IMO) a nice nod to the bright red splashes of color of TOS's 1701.

I agree. The bridge from ST:VI is good, defiantly the best of the bridges from the movies up to that point.

However, I think I personally prefer the blues of the (similar) Enterprise-B bridge:

excelsior-bridge.jpg

I agree. The bridge from ST:VI is good, defiantly the best of the bridges from the movies up to that point.

However, I think I personally prefer the blues of the (similar) Enterprise-B bridge:

That was a nice variation, too. I just think the red insets of color go well with the uniforms, too. Kind of like the red on TOS matching the red shirts...

I didn't like the bridge in TFF, it felt a bit anachronistic as they were clearly going for a TNG vibe, and was just out of place. TUC was dark, and could have been a bit brighter, but looked a lot more solid and real. I liked the colour palette, a few nods to TOS, and the fact that it all looked slightly worn, like it had been in use for a while. TVH looked like an after thought, they needed a new bridge for just one scene so they did a paint job on the old set.

Just found this on Pinterest today; a nice demonstration of what a difference a director can have on the same set.   The Ent-A bridge, as imagined by Shatner for STV and Nick Meyer for STVI.  

12fd927defe8d5fa002a205db46c8ccb.jpg

Not afraid to say I much prefer the Meyer version; so much more color pop and energy...

I like the bridge in STAR TREK V because it looks more TNG-ish, exploration vesel and less militaristic than the Meyer version (yeah, here I am defending STAR TREK V again sigh) Nothing wrong with Mr Meyer militaristic version of Trek, thought.

12342755_1130232356994891_47930480040860

"I miss my old chair"

12118611_1095289573822503_18649910105190

LOL I adore this movie !

Gus

I prefer the Meyer version (big surprise, right?  LOL) because it looks more like a semi-military spaceship and not the lounge of a spacefaring Residence Inn.   Just saying.  :laugh:

1ff0a8f1b906ae7c320df5d2ef1dea0a.jpg

Besides, it was too early in the ST timeline for STV's bridge to have such a TNG 'feel'... in ST's future, that was still some 70 odd years away.   Be a bit like a WW2-era submarine with flatscreen LED monitors lining the control room... 

Agreed, but I think some of the sets of STAR TREK V, are, like the movie itself, underrated. But the submarine feel of the Nick Meyer movie were great.

12191416_1112321285452665_46141820944238

Thats was a set I really like, Scotty at engineering At least Shatner did not just used the TNG engineering as Meyer did in STAR TREK VI. But hey I love STAR TREK VI also, so.........

Gus

Agreed, but I think some of the sets of STAR TREK V, are, like the movie itself, underrated. But the submarine feel of the Nick Meyer movie were great.

12191416_1112321285452665_46141820944238

Thats was a set I really like, Scotty at engineering At least Shatner did not just used the TNG engineering as Meyer did in STAR TREK VI. But hey I love STAR TREK VI also, so.........

Gus

I remember reading that Shatner didn't have enough money to do a new engine room set, so he basically set up a 'temp' set at the end of a corridor.   Scenes that were supposed to take place there were rerouted to the transporter room set (smaller, cheaper).  

But the STV engine room set is less of a full set and more of a set fragment.   Creative yes, but not exactly a showstopper.   However I'd say it did its job, since the set wasn't really integral to the film.  

The bridge from TVH kind of looks like a 1986-era Apple store... :P

While the bridge from TFF looks more like a waiting room...

TUC's bridge is cool - colorful, functional, and ready to kick ass :)

TVH's bridge is basically the TMP set painted all-white with chrome detailing, "Okudagram" screens, and a lot of spotlights...

star-trek-enterprise-bridge.jpg

Kind of reminds me a little bit of another bridge...

6bf3a1037c2420d39a6df1a40057cbe995aff815

TVH's bridge is basically the TMP set painted all-white with chrome detailing, "Okudagram" screens, and a lot of spotlights...

star-trek-enterprise-bridge.jpg

Kind of reminds me a little bit of another bridge...

6bf3a1037c2420d39a6df1a40057cbe995aff815

The best thing about the TVH bridge are the lack of lens flare projectors... :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0