Sign in to follow this  
Ishimura

Enterprise-A

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

202 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Ishimura   

Now, I'm sure this has been asked and done many times before, but I haven't found a topic or poll regarding this anywhere yet, so I figured I might as well ask it. What is your favorite version of the Enterprise-A? I'm honestly a bit stuck between it's appearance in V and VI, but I am leaning more towards VI. There are some aspects I dislike about the way the bridge looked in VI, not all that wild about the metal flooring or the physical controls on the bridge, but at the same time I do like how everything is nicely placed on the bridge and how big the view screen is. I would have to go with it's appearance in Star Trek VI. What about you guys?

*It's funny, but if you look at Tactical, it expands each time on the bridge. Almost as if it's opening up and closing. :P

tvh1073.jpg

thefinalfrontier0692.jpg

tuc0740.jpg

Edited by Ishimura

Well, my favorite configuration has always been the TMP version. When they moved the science station to the right of the Captain's Chair in TWOK, I wasn't really satisfied with it, it looked weird to me. But the TMP-TSFS versions were always my favorite, followed by V then VI. When they revealed the bridge at the end of IV, I thought it was gorgeous. It was the classic setup from TWOK/TSFS but brilliantly bright and shiny. And no lens flares either! :giggle:

It's a shame they didn't carry that same design over to V, but apparently, parts from that set were stolen in the years between IV and V. I could be wrong. The whole Enterprise in VI just felt too much like a submarine, and that's the feel they were going for. Cramped corridors and brushed metal.

Ishimura   

...It's a shame they didn't carry that same design over to V, but apparently, parts from that set were stolen in the years between IV and V. I could be wrong...

I read that somewhere as well.

Voyager   

The whole Enterprise in VI just felt too much like a submarine, and that's the feel they were going for. Cramped corridors and brushed metal.

It does look rather submarine like, you're right. I really don't like all the metal floors, it makes it feel intimidating and unfriendly. I much prefer the look from V.

I prefer the brige from IV, so much more lighter and nostalgia. I agree, the bridge on VI is a little too militaristic for my tastes, and V's bridge is too clumsy and falls apart too often.

Ishimura   

The whole Enterprise in VI just felt too much like a submarine, and that's the feel they were going for. Cramped corridors and brushed metal.

It does look rather submarine like, you're right. I really don't like all the metal floors, it makes it feel intimidating and unfriendly. I much prefer the look from V.

Then vote on it missy! Hehehe! But yeah, I understand your guys view on the look of Star Trek VI being too militaristic. However, at the same time somehow with the crew on the bridge, it took away that feel and made it more familiar.

Edited by Ishimura

I prefer the one on the last pic. (I'm ashamed to admit that I can't tell these TOS movies apart sometimes!) I do know that the one in the middle is V, Sybok's there. LOL.

The one on the last pic somehow reminds me of the Enterprise-E and the background looks like Stargazer consoles. That one gets my vote. I'm not biased at all, no. :P I like it when things are dark. (If there's ONE major thing I've NEVER liked about the Enterprise-D, it's the overly bright interior design. Get all that unnecessary light away from me!) *ducks into the shadows* :laugh:

Ishimura   

Something about the look of the bridge in Star Trek V makes it look so hollow. I mean, just look at that divider between the station and the main viewer. It looks like if you punctured a hole in it, the space would be totally empty. It just looked poorly done. I mean, same goes for the view screen. I don't know, maybe whatever material they used to make Starships in the late 23rd Century was energy sufficient. Who knows, but I'm glad they changed it to the bridge seen in VI.

thefinalfrontier0162.jpg

*Sorry Scotty, but it's true!:happy:

Dillkid   

I've gone with The Final Frontier's bridge for this one, it's the right size, it has the right light, and I think it looks the most like Kirk's original Enterprise. Even though the actual film was weak, I do like the bridge that they did for it.

Ishimura   

The bridge of the Enterprise-A in Star Trek V is quite well-done. I do like it and as Herman Zimmerman put it, he wanted to have it be a bridge between TOS and TNG. So, the way the bridge was depicted in VI really steered away from that, but still I think the bridge in VI is the best. ;)

I am very indecisive between the Herman Zimmerman bridges (V, VI). I thing the IV bridge is a definate improvement from I,II,III. In I and II, there was no source of light for the light in the bridge. and i thought the designs around the rim was cheesy. The best improvent to me, is the vertical lights seperating the stations. ALso, the light at the center of the NAv/helm station. In V, there was something I loved about that blue light above the Viewer. And I think the design of the captains chair for V and VI was a great great improvement.

I believe what really happened to the star trek I,II,III,and IV set was it was reused and redressed, and practically butchered for TNG. Pieces were used for the Battle Bridge AND the Stargazer Bridge. I just dont see why none of the production staff ever realized it. They said it just turned up missing or destroyed by weather or something, but there it is butchered in Encounter of Farpoint, Arsenal of Freedom, and The Battle, all first season episodes of TNG.

Benedict   

The Star Trek VI bridge but I've always been partial to that command chair.

Yet the refit bridge as seen in TWOK, always liked how it looks dark which I think was Nick Meyer's thing or just the way they shot it. Always think that starship bridges don't need to be virtually floodlit like the ENT-D.

Ishimura   

The Star Trek VI bridge but I've always been partial to that command chair.

Yet the refit bridge as seen in TWOK, always liked how it looks dark which I think was Nick Meyer's thing or just the way they shot it. Always think that starship bridges don't need to be virtually floodlit like the ENT-D.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the center seat in TUC.

Ishimura   

It just didn't do it for me...I felt that the color of the chair should have been either black or more dark...

chairvi.jpg

I liked the way it appeared in V far more.

chairv.jpg

Sign in to follow this