Sign in to follow this  
Frontier

Rare Photos: July 2011

Frontier   

I'll be honest folks; I'm too hot and uncomfortable to write up much of an introduction this month. I miss winter. Summer is yuck. So lets skip to the chase...

http://www.trekcore....s.php?album=103

My Favorites:

1st Row, Right: 1968, when fandom had teeth. Once upon a time our Trekkie fore-fathers stood and gathered and demonstrated to save the Original Series, thus ensuring we had a third season and enough episodes were made to put the show into reruns, leading to... everything else. Damn inspiring.

4th Row, Left: Quintessential James T. Kirk.

5th Row, Left: One of the rejected Tom Paris promo photos I mentioned last month. I spaced them all out so the next is October.

6th Row, Left: Brent Spiner studies his script on the back-lot of Paramount. Love the hat.

Which Ones Are Your Favorites and Why?

Benedict   

Crusher one looks wrong somehow

What struck out was the TMP Shatner/Wise image.

Juventas   

I've read about that demonstration several times, but never seen that photo. It adds a lot. I fear that nowadays the best we could hope for is an online petition or facebook group.

I remember long ago seeing photos from Creation Entertainment's "Star Trek Photo Club". Do you know how long, or how many photos, this lasted? Do you have all of them yourself?

The Spiner shot is tops on my short list. The expression on his face plus the contrast with the costume of the woman going up the stairs is intriguing.

Voyager   

I've read about that demonstration several times, but never seen that photo. It adds a lot. I fear that nowadays the best we could hope for is an online petition or facebook group.

I've read about it too; it's great to see an actual photo from the demonstration.

The Spiner shot is tops on my short list. The expression on his face plus the contrast with the costume of the woman going up the stairs is intriguing.

I found the odd combination of Data makeup and his wearing a baseball cap quite amusing.

There are some real wonderful pictures this month, but I think my favourites are the Kes and Tom promo shots.

Frontier   

I remember long ago seeing photos from Creation Entertainment's "Star Trek Photo Club". Do you know how long, or how many photos, this lasted? Do you have all of them yourself?

I've gotten a hold of about a dozen or so, but no idea if that's all of them or not.

I love seeing TOS photo's I've never seen before.....the Trio Natira photo is awesome.

What amazes me is that, years after starting this feature and years after it became a monthly occurrence, I can still find more volume of TOS material unseen by we, the fans, than I can for any other series or the feature films. It's a 3-to-1 ratio for the films, 5-to-1 for TNG, 10-to-1 for VGR, and 15-to-1 for DS9 and ENT. Granted, it's been around the longest -- but it's still amazing the sheer number of things out there we've not seen.

I've read about it too; it's great to see an actual photo from the demonstration.

I've actually got 3 or 4 more of such coming up over the next two years or so. I've also had 1 or 2 in the past from it as well, or at least, similar demonstrations. One of them clearly shows the KNBC sign outside.

There are some real wonderful pictures this month, but I think my favourites are the Kes and Tom promo shots.

How unbias of you, Voyager. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Voyager   

I've actually got 3 or 4 more of such coming up over the next two years or so. I've also had 1 or 2 in the past from it as well, or at least, similar demonstrations. One of them clearly shows the KNBC sign outside.

How unbias of you, Voyager. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

What did you you expect :P

I look forward to seeing the other pictures in later isssues.

Benedict   

kirk_later_tos_pb.png

I swear, for a second, I thought he was wearing the NuTrek uniform! :laugh:

It's classy I tell you. Almost smug, looks a more modern image...in essence, Kirk.

Sign in to follow this