Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frontier

Rare Photos: June 2011

31 posts in this topic

I've bought soooo many magazines from 1979 - present for the purposes of extracting their goody-goody photos. I'm seriously nutters, I've easily spent a couple hundred of even a thousand dollars on pursuit of material for the site and rare photos. LOL.

And we very much appreciate the expense you take from your own pocket to make this site great.

Well, you should all really thank my OCD. :giggle: It's what keeps me going!

That said, if any of you become independently wealthy, hit oil, win the lottery -- I expect some love! :biggrin:

Yes i am still searching for that elusive natural vein of oil running under Manchester. :P

So got a contact sheet of rejected Tom Paris pb shots, and I've been able to scan them into high res. But some shots are slight variations, like with any series of PB photos. So like, just a different head move or mouth move or eye move. Thing is, they're all really surprisingly good, and so I figure I'll show each one. But would it be dull to see such slight variations? IE, should I choose the top 5 or 6 out of 14 I've got for RP and just dump the slight variants in the VGR directory? Or would even such a slight variation be tolerable? Mind you, they'll be spread 1 per issue -- at max. Might be 1 every other issue. So it's over the space of 2-3 years.

I think every pic is worth showing. They are different, even if it's in minor ways. I would recommend against inserting one in each issue, though - people will say "hey, we had that one before". I would actually propose to publish all of them together. Maybe on Robert Duncan McNeill's birthday or something...?

I think perhaps if you show a number of them in the rare photos (the ones with the biggest differences in pose), and then at the same time, provide a link to the others in VGR directory.

Then again, Mr. P's idea about releasing them on Robbie's bday is a good idea.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0