Frontier

How did you Hear of Us?

I was led here from a link at Ex Astris Scientia. Great site there. Only a great site can lead to another great site. Both are my favorite trek sites. The official site is no where as cool as either. Thats really sad if you think about it

I was led here from a link at Ex Astris Scientia. Great site there. Only a great site can lead to another great site. Both are my favorite trek sites. The official site is no where as cool as either. Thats really sad if you think about it

I agree. The official site is really shoddy.

I'm curious, what blog was comparing the two sites?

I don't remember. I was doing a google search for pics of Kirk to make a card deck to use on my TCG, and stumbled across it. It was several months ago, but I didn't join the forum until recently.

I too was led here by Ex Astris Scientia. I was looking for a site with decent pictures of different aliens from the Trek universe, and when I saw what this site had to offer it would have been futile to look for anything better. Awesome screen-caps means means my Galciv 2 races will look excellent.

Fantastic work guys. I like the design by the way, simple to navigate and very easy on the eyes.

Data2007 invited me over. I had gotten the invite a few years ago but never made it over here. Wish I had earlier, this board is great!

Strange, I thought I replied to this ages ago . . . O_o

Anyway, I somehow stumbled upon TC's predecessor TrekPulse. After that one went dead I kept watching its space for any sign of a speedy return, so I was ready to rumble when TC came along. :)

i found it on google.

ive had enough with startrek.com :furious:

Too many idiots at startrek.com and control freaks there, they are too busy calling people duals when they could be genuine. I am actuallu surprised that anyone still visits there. Data I am glad you came to a forum where people show respect. ;)

Too many idiots at startrek.com and control freaks there, they are too busy calling people duals when they could be genuine. I am actuallu surprised that anyone still visits there. Data I am glad you came to a forum where people show respect. ;)

I TOTALLY agree with you Defiant Dave. Admin counts on a few idiot members over there to make legitiment reports on violations, when it's these same idiot members that are committing the violations themselves. I am thoroughly disgusted with Startrek.com

The problem over there is its too many cheifs and little indians. The same ones cry for admin to do something, the same ones who cry are the ones making it worse. Note that whenever a spammer is on they appear afterward. Being a former startrek.com member, which I on't want to talk about, thats the reason I left. I got fed up with the arragont people getting what they want while the genuine members who are friendly get punished. Its become to a point now thats it gangsters vs trekkies. A real fan doesn't act like the big man and treat others with so much disrespect and get mad when people go on there to be friendly and the same ones pick the fights. I am sure you have gotten punished there for being you.

The problem over there is its too many cheifs and little indians. The same ones cry for admin to do something, the same ones who cry are the ones making it worse. Note that whenever a spammer is on they appear afterward. Being a former startrek.com member, which I on't want to talk about, thats the reason I left. I got fed up with the arragont people getting what they want while the genuine members who are friendly get punished. Its become to a point now thats it gangsters vs trekkies. A real fan doesn't act like the big man and treat others with so much disrespect and get mad when people go on there to be friendly and the same ones pick the fights. I am sure you have gotten punished there for being you.

You are 100 percent right on all accounts Dave. I went to startrek.com because I love chatting with other Trek fans; yet, many of the members on that site just want to start fights and cause trouble. Seems to be a small "clique" of bullies that run the show over there, and just like you said, the nice people get punished because of false accusations,ect. Very sad considering startrek.com is suppose to be the "official" site for Trek fans. This site has much more respect and admiration for the Trek fan than the "official" site does. I am so glad I found this nice site of Trek fans! And thanks for your insightful post here too.....

Theres been lots of bullies at startrek.com lately :mad:

By the same ones formentioned, perhaps their wee duals they claimed they don't have. I don't understand why you guys like going there. As a moderator, for what I have seen those same people who bully others would've been banned. I have been here since thise site opened, been a moderator for that time and I only had to warn four times in those two years now. This place don't really needs moderators, we act like members and treat other the same. We don't all ruff or strict, we are like night club bouncers in a bar where everyones a regular and there is fights.

You are 100 percent right on all accounts Dave. I went to startrek.com because I love chatting with other Trek fans; yet, many of the members on that site just want to start fights and cause trouble. Seems to be a small "clique" of bullies that run the show over there, and just like you said, the nice people get punished because of false accusations,ect. Very sad considering startrek.com is suppose to be the "official" site for Trek fans. This site has much more respect and admiration for the Trek fan than the "official" site does. I am so glad I found this nice site of Trek fans! And thanks for your insightful post here too.....

This site, should be the offical site. ;)

no they are back. Maintenence it looks like.

I know st.com is insane but I still enjoy it there. There are a few people I could do without. And wish they would IP ban instead of just delete members but a big corporate run message board like that will never be as well moderated as a small one like this. There are other types of large corporate run boards that are just as bad.

Yep. I still enjoy it too.

Oh wow. Some jerk who thinks he knows everything accused me of being a 14 year old aussie last week and now im a brit. :laugh: