Sign in to follow this  
Hellfighter

Could TAS be reanimated?

^ Damn I've got to get off my backside and get that on DVD .... and the BBC need to do likewise and use this animation style to get Tenth Planet and other lost classics back :)

Actually, I'd read online that "Tenth Planet" as well as the first Ice Warriors story (the title escapes me) are BOTH coming to DVD soon (and the missing segments will indeed be animated like the missing segments of "The Invasion"). I sincerely hope this wasn't just a rumor....

^ Damn I've got to get off my backside and get that on DVD .... and the BBC need to do likewise and use this animation style to get Tenth Planet and other lost classics back :)/>

Actually, I'd read online that "Tenth Planet" as well as the first Ice Warriors story (the title escapes me) are BOTH coming to DVD soon (and the missing segments will indeed be animated like the missing segments of "The Invasion"). I sincerely hope this wasn't just a rumor....

No, it's true - Tenth Planet is due in October I think and Ice Warriors sooner - it's up for pre-order on Amazon last time I looked. Both have their missing episodes filled in by animations - the final ep of Tenth Planet and two (I forget which) the Troughton story.

Renaimating TAS would be a rather larger project (to put it mildly) but I don't think I'm underselling Who by saying that Trek is better known worldwide - reckon Paramount would make its money back, and then some.

^ Damn I've got to get off my backside and get that on DVD .... and the BBC need to do likewise and use this animation style to get Tenth Planet and other lost classics back :)/>

No, it's true - Tenth Planet is due in October I think and Ice Warriors sooner - it's up for pre-order on Amazon last time I looked. Both have their missing episodes filled in by animations - the final ep of Tenth Planet and two (I forget which) the Troughton story.

In other countries, I'd say ST is the clear winner, but IMO the gap is slowly closing.

Renaimating TAS would be a rather larger project (to put it mildly) but I don't think I'm underselling Who by saying that Trek is better known worldwide - reckon Paramount would make its money back, and then some.

I don't know about Trek being more popular; I'd say that in the UK they're a photo finish, and even here in the States a LOT of young people are now watching DW because of Matt Smith (my wife is a high school teacher, and she says more of her students are getting into DW than ever before).

I think a reanimated ST-TAS would more than recoup its investment; you could pitch it as "the original cast... as you've NEVER seen them before!" ;-)

Edited by Sehlat Vie

Sign in to follow this