Sign in to follow this  
Abena

Who would you want to be your Captain?

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Hmm ... with Scotty in charge I can safely abuse the computer and call it out for the pile of crap it is without fearing a dressing down by him :giggle:

Hmm ... with Scotty in charge I can safely abuse the computer and call it out for the pile of crap it is without fearing a dressing down by him :giggle:

And maybe you won't be expected to change the laws of physics. :P

Didn't the TOS computer shout at people if they called it names, though? :laugh:

That's good because I can't get my head round the existing laws of physics, never mind change them :laugh:

That's good because I can't get my head round the existing laws of physics, never mind change them :laugh:

Maybe you can change them so that we can understand them!

How tragic that Archer isn't even getting a sympathy vote. Dash it all, I'm tempted.

I'd choose Picard. He managed to keep (most) of his crew through 15 years with the Enterprise-D, the only thing I'm afraid about is I might get sucked out into space, or get assimilated by the Borg, or become infected by some kind of bug that takes over your mind. (TNG: Conspiaracy)

How tragic that Archer isn't even getting a sympathy vote. Dash it all, I'm tempted.

There, I just voted for him. Feeling better now? ;)

That's gonna be a vote for Jean Luc from me, he seems the most intelligent, he got in the least amount of trouble (Other than that little Borg incident :thumbup: ), and he's just overall a superb person. I'd feel safe on a ship ran by him, whereas being on a Kirk ship, I'd be a little concerned for my safety.

Edited by Dillkid

I voted for Janeway. I liked how she maintained her crew despite being stranded on the other side of the galaxy. As good as all the captains were, not one of them had to deal with being cut off from Starfleet support for several years in uncharted space. I admired how she kept everything going while searching for a way home.

Definitely Sisko, always been my fav captain. Archer is the second one for me.

Good choice. The Sisko for me too. I just hope he doesn't send me to the front lines during the war. :P

To serve under vs. whom I like; that's the real question for me.

To serve under them?

Picard.

I would best like to serve under Picard because he is such a fair man. Logical, diplomatic and genuinely caring; and I can appreciate his objectivity... even to those who are close to him. I remember how he refused to allow crewman Tarses in "The Drumhead" to be thrown under the bus. He's done that many times for his crew members. He even refused to get angry at Ensign Sonia Gomez when she doused him in hot chocolate; Kirk might've snapped at her... or slept with her, difficult to say.

Sisko.

A bit less so.

I'm not sure I'd like to serve under Sisko so much; mainly because of his erratic mood swings and those 'visions' would freak me out (especially how he behaved in "Rapture").

He's also very hard on his maintenance staff too (he gives poor O'Brien a LOT of s#!t sometimes...).

Archer.

For the first couple of seasons I couldn't stand him. His impatience and hostility with aliens who were different really annoyed me at times. And that damn dog; he was kinder to that dog than he was to most of his crew (except for his 'buddy' Trip; if I served under him, I might resent his preferential treatment towards his clear 'favorites').

Kirk.

He is too all over the map (sadly, he and Janeway are more alike than un-alike); and the way he snaps at people on the bridge is VERY unprofessional. Whenever Sulu or Uhura didn't respond (seemingly) fast enough, he'd just rush over there and start chewing them out right in front of the rest of the command crew (!). Seriously Kirk; WTF? Get a grip...

Janeway.

She is just too much crazy; she'd probably get me killed my first week. Her stranding the crew in the Delta Quadrant was totally unnecessary (my comments are in the "Caretaker" thread I believe). And hearing that voice every day over the intercom would drive me insane.

Now onto how I like them (a whole different matter):

Picard.

Because he's Sir Patrick Stewart. And he's f--king amazing. I could listen to his speeches for hours. He's the kind of leader I would aspire to emulate...

Sisko.

Because I love when he allows himself to be the 'bad guy' at times; he's the most morally gray of the captains and that makes him very interesting to me personally. More realistic. Also kudos for being a responsible dad.

Kirk.

Because he's the prototype and the one I grew up with. Granted, it's mostly nostalgic but what the hell. When I was in my 20s, he took the #1 spot (without question) but as I got older, that changed...

Archer.

Even though he acted like a grumpy, arrogant asshat in the earlier seasons of the show. Always snapping at aliens who were different (duh, a$$h@le... that's WHY they're aliens). But he straightened up a bit by S4.

Janeway.

She's too erratic (he decision making process leaves much to be desired) and she gives me a headache after a while. Nothing personal against Mulgrew, but it is what it is.

I'd have to go with Capt. Sisko. He seems laid back at times as well as all business when it is called for. I don't particularly like baseball but I wouldn't mind going to the holosuite to watch a game with him. In terms of his participation during the Dominion War he is unparalleled. As much as I like Picard he is a bit too stuffy and by the book at times.

Sign in to follow this