Sign in to follow this  
Abena

Who would you want to be your Captain?

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

I imagine it would be a thrill serving under Kirk, but I'm afraid I wouldn't make it back home in one piece, especially if I were a Red Shirt. Picard would tick me off to much with his strict interpretation of the PD. I'd probably mutiny under him :laugh: . I haven't seen ENT, so I can't say anything about Archer. That leaves Janeway and Sisko. Janeway, I like, but she acted too illogical at times, such as in "Equinox" and "the Swarm." Then there was that episode when she sat in her room in the dark for days, and her affair with hologram--I think I would like a captain with a more leveled head. Sisko sits well with me on most episodes. He makes wise decisions and adheres to Starfleet principles, but, unlike Picard, he knows when to break the rules. In addition, if we went on a mission, I wouldn't have to worry whether if I'd come back alive (like I would under Kirk).

For me Sisko, but it depends exactly what you want in a Captain. I'd end up knocking Kirk out, I'd resent Janeway for getting us stuck across the other side of the Galaxy, I would also like Archer and Picard though. Picard is legendary, however you look at it, Archer is closer to Sisko in some of the decisions he makes and his overall style, but he is also the one that is truly heading out into the unknown, and doing so with resistance from the Vulcans.

Edited by DaxFanDS9

Kirk - I'd be too 'expendable' to feel safe in Kirk's command.

Picard - I think I could quite comfortably be under his command.

Sisko - Some of his choices in the Dominion War don't sit well with me, so I don't think I'd be as happy with him as my Captain.

Janeway - She's got a strong command and a nurturing disposition towards her crew. I think I'd want Janeway as my Captain more than anyone.

Archer - I don't think I'm really one way or the other with Archer to be honest.

Kirk - I'd be too 'expendable' to feel safe in Kirk's command.

Indeed. I can't forget the incident when Kirk just beemed two crewmen into space and just forgot about them and left them there. (And the Children Shall Lead.)

and if that wasn't the danger, it'd be the letch in Kirk you'd fall victim to :P

I have to answer this question from a civilian point of view (there's no way I'd ever want to be an officer):

Kirk - no, thanks. I wouldn't feel safe. He's a good captain and whatnot, but sometimes he's a little too much for my taste. His temper, y'know?

Jean-Luc - Much better! I'd feel safe aboard his ship. Problem here would be that I'd be hopelessly in love with the captain. So, not sure if this would work out quite the way I want it to. :/

Sisko - Same as for Kirk. Too much temper. Too easy to upset. At least he's not as annoying when it comes to random planet chicks, though.

Janeway - NO WAY. That is all.

Archer - Ugh. *bleh* No.

That leaves... no one. Oops. lol

I have to answer this question from a civilian point of view (there's no way I'd ever want to be an officer):

Kirk - no, thanks. I wouldn't feel safe. He's a good captain and whatnot, but sometimes he's a little too much for my taste. His temper, y'know?

Jean-Luc - Much better! I'd feel safe aboard his ship. Problem here would be that I'd be hopelessly in love with the captain. So, not sure if this would work out quite the way I want it to. :/

Sisko - Same as for Kirk. Too much temper. Too easy to upset. At least he's not as annoying when it comes to random planet chicks, though.

Janeway - NO WAY. That is all.

Archer - Ugh. *bleh* No.

That leaves... no one. Oops. lol

It leaves John Harriman, but he doesn't get here til Tuesday.

Kirk: No freaking way. That's the end of it. O_O

Picard: He'd drive me nuts, as mush as I think he's a good man. I'd trust him, but I wouldn't want to be under him.

Sisko: Yes--that could just be my biased nature talking, but he's a family man, level headed (most of the time), and as others have said, knows when to get his hands dirty.

Janeway: I don't know her too well yet, so I can't really make a good judgement.

Archer: He was rather close with Sisko, but again, I've not seen enough of him to judge his personality yet.

Kirk, got the determination to get home no matter what. A disdain for the no-win scenario would ensure that if you're going to go, you go down fighting. It's either you or them. Get the crew working to a certain kind of ingenuity. Redshirt losses might actually decline with Kirk's determination to keep his crew intact and to lose as little as possible. He'd be like Ransom for his dedication but not trip into the breaking the Prime Directive. The Directive'll get bent to a point but personally, I'll take Kirk over anyone else.

captain-james-t-kirk-awesome1.jpg

Picard runs the risk of being kidnapped by the Borg. Sisko with the Prophets, Janeway never mind and Archer- "Oh Lord, the ocean is so big and thy boat is so small."

or similar.

I wouldn't feel safe with Kirk, either. Then again, he'd probably want me to 'be under' him in other ways, too. He seems to have a thing for getting it on with anything female that happens to be in close proiximaty to him.

Picard would be okay for me. I think I would be comfortable on his ship.

Sisko... Its been too long since I have seen DS9, so I can't accurately judge.

Janeway - See above

Archer - He has his good points and bad points. I'm not sure where I'd put him...

*Needs a Romulan option* lol

^ Donatra? ;)

Hmm. Just to be typical me, I'll pick Archer (Kirk comes second) because I'd have something to look at on the bridge when I was bored. :P

:laugh: Seriously lol, I think I'd go with either Archer or Sisko.

Picard runs the risk of being kidnapped by the Borg. Sisko with the Prophets

You have a point. Picard was kidnapped and had to be rescued. Kirk would have ripped the implants out and saved himself.

Sisko is a bit different. It was not as if he was kidnapped by the Prophets. He was raised to god-like status to be the savior of the Bajor and even the whole Alpha Quadrant--and speaking of gods, that's one other thing Kirk has over Pircard. Kirk actually beat a god in battle! (Apollo, that is.)

You have a point. Picard was kidnapped and had to be rescued. Kirk would have ripped the implants out and saved himself.

And if the process had been far enough along, Kirk probably would have died. I doubt the technology back then could have saved him.

I'd have to go with either Picard or Sisko, Jean-Luc for his calm, collective demeanor (most of the time), and Sisko for his leadership and family values.

Sisko is a bit different. It was not as if he was kidnapped by the Prophets. He was raised to god-like status to be the savior of the Bajor and even the whole Alpha Quadrant--and speaking of gods, that's one other thing Kirk has over Pircard. Kirk actually beat a god in battle! (Apollo, that is.)

And Jean-Luc WAS a god. The Picard, anyone? Kirk wasn't. He just faced (fake) God and wondered what he needs a starship for.

And the Borg implants... they are formed by nanoprobes from the inside. I doubt Kirk can reach inside his own body and rip implants out. Just saying.

I'd happily serve with all of them, except Kirk. I'm not that expendable, and besides, I'd look awful in a miniskirt.

And Jean-Luc WAS a god. The Picard, anyone? Kirk wasn't.

Yes he was. Remember Kirok?

And the Borg implants... they are formed by nanoprobes from the inside. I doubt Kirk can reach inside his own body and rip implants out. Just saying.

Bones would have removed them, but I doubt Kirk would have gone as far along as Picard did.

They were both worshipped as if they were Gods, where Sisko actually became A God.

Bones would have removed them, but I doubt Kirk would have gone as far along as Picard did.

Kk, forgot about Kirok. Struck me more as one who was just sent by the gods, though, but, k, might be interpreted in "was a god" way.

I sincerely doubt Kirk would be able to stop the Borg from assimilating him, though. :vulcan: And I also sincerely doubt Jean-Luc willingly allowed the Borg to assimilate him and just "went along" with it. :vulcan:

I'm sure Kirk would have enough set-to to avoid the Borg. If Archer can do it then so can Kirk.

I'm in danger of taking this too seriously. :laugh:

Knowing Kirk he would have tried to use his 'manly charm' on a female-looking drone.

"Your complextion...it's as pale and radiant as the moon." Or...something stupid. lol

Knowing Kirk he would have tried to use his 'manly charm' on a female-looking drone.

"Your complextion...it's as pale and radiant as the moon." Or...something stupid. lol

ROFL. And, with all the sexist!FAILs that TOS delivered, the drone would've fallen for him. :laugh:

Agreed. Kirk would have definetely have assimilated the queen.

And I also sincerely doubt Jean-Luc willingly allowed the Borg to assimilate him and just "went along" with it. :vulcan:

I'm not saying that he did. It's just that Picard can't fight himself out of a situation like Kirk. I can see Kirk defeating the drones with his classic Kirk-fu. By the way, have we seen Picard use violence on anyone ever? Edited by Abena

Sign in to follow this