Sign in to follow this  
Starblind

An idea/request.

I was wondering (as I often do at work) would it be at all be possible to put a Doctor Who sub forum in the Sci-Fi area of the OS?

I just thought it would be nice to have all the Dr Who threads in one neat little place so me, Daxfan, GD, Madamhoney, Miranda Fave and other Dr Who fans could natter about the new series as well as reminisce about the classic series down the years.

I second this idea, I mean if BSG gets a section... why not Who? :P

Cause Frontier is nBSG's bi... I mean, nBSG is a favourite of the administration. :P

Though I think it's a neat idea too. :biggrin:

Edited by GenesisDevice

Cause Frontier is nBSG's bi... I mean, nBSG is a favourite of the administration. tongue.gif

Though I think it's a neat idea too. biggrin.gif

I would like to point out its not a favourite of mine. :P

The thing is there is not a lot of discussion of the show in the Scifi forum - if there was, I could see a point in giving it its own forum. But as it is, I don't see there being enough activity to warrant it. BSG forum might need to be folded in soon if Caprica is cancelled.

I was just about to say the BSG forum hasn't exactly been buzzing lately (grand total of one post all month?) whereas now the new series is airing here, numerous Doctor Who Threads (3 or 4 of them on various subjects from the new series to companions in general) have been active far more recently than any BSG threads.I have wondered for some time why BSG warrants (or indeed EVER warranted) a section of it's own really. Just looked and they're 4 of the 5 most recently active threads in the SciFi section, so not seeing how that is 'not active enough'.

Maybe a compromise of a Stickying of a main thread? (though would definitely rather see a section as Doctor Who has a much wider spectrum for discussion within what will soon be a 50 year history)

Edited by DaxFanDS9

In some insane defence, I did have this idea of unleashing an indepth episode guide for the BSG78 which might've kept the section going in some small way but it probably overall needs...collapsing or whatever the jargon is.

Oh, I've got plenty of ideas for threads if we get a little area to call our own. ;) The only reason I haven't put them up already is because I didn't want to :spam: the Sci-fi forum.

Oh, I've got plenty of ideas for threads if we get a little area to call our own. ;) The only reason I haven't put them up already is because I didn't want to :spam: the Sci-fi forum.

^This^

Not to mention that Who has its various spin offs with Torchwood, the Sarah Jane Adventures, as well as the long history pointed out above. I'd imagine with a dedicated subforum you'd get a lot more discussion. And you never know - maybe even win over a few converts. Certainly, I know I've never bothered before to post on any sites or on subforums over on say TrekBBS as the same attitudes here don't exist as in those places. Here I am very happy to discuss the show and ideas with people who are decent and listen to others.

Indeed.

^This^

Not to mention that Who has its various spin offs with Torchwood, the Sarah Jane Adventures, as well as the long history pointed out above. I'd imagine with a dedicated subforum you'd get a lot more discussion. And you never know - maybe even win over a few converts.

That.

I don't think there will be a sub-forum. As it has already been suggested to collapse the BSG forum, I think Admin are looking to minimise non-trek into one area rather than expand it.

I don't think there will be a sub-forum. As it has already been suggested to collapse the BSG forum, I think Admin are looking to minimise non-trek into one area rather than expand it.

It's not so much us wanting to minimise non-Trek, rather supply and demand. Like Mike points out, if there's a surge of discussion on a particular subject, we're more inclined to agree that it needs it's own subforum. As it is, the level of discussion on these shows isn't sufficient to warrant us setting up a designated subforum for it! :)

Dr Who has had more discussion lately, but that's generally because of the new doctor. After the novelty has worn off there might not be as demand.