Sign in to follow this  
Enterprising-Bones

Recording TAS...

recordinganimated.jpg

I was thrilled to hear that the original cast did the recording (I know, I could have figured that out from watching it), except for Koenig. Anyone know why he wasn't involved?

How would you rate these guys as voice actors? Voice acting is a bit different from straight up film acting. I'd say on film they all did quite well with voices, so I don't see why they're struggle with voice acting. Other than the fact Kelley sometimes makes breathy noises or smacks his lips, LOL. The others don't do that, I swear! :giggle:

I'd like to hear some of this... I'll reply when I've watched some clips and give my opinion. I've actually been trained in voice acting, so I can speak from a technical point of view. And wag my finger at all their little mistakes.

I haven't seen all the TAS episodes (bad trekkie, me! lol) but from what I remember they did quite nicely. Especially Nimoy. It's the voice. ;)

April 24, 1973: From left, Leonard Nimoy (Spock), DeForest Kelley (Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy) and William Shatner (Capt. James T. Kirk) record their voices for an episode of STAR TREK THE ANIMATED SERIES, a very underrated cartoon and Trek series.

14333106_10210630628381086_1822341853262

April 24, 1973: From left, Leonard Nimoy (Spock), DeForest Kelley (Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy) and William Shatner (Capt. James T. Kirk) record their voices for an episode of STAR TREK THE ANIMATED SERIES, a very underrated cartoon and Trek series.

14333106_10210630628381086_1822341853262

^
Hell yes, it was (and is)!  I still love it.

It was bold and experimental; some of it was excellent and some of it didn't quite work, but I admired the fact that it never really played it safe with the stories.   They were really imaginative.   Only wish the quality of the animation were better; if they were re-animated today?   They'd be gorgeous. 

Sign in to follow this