Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Deadlock

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Title: Deadlock

Episode: Season 2, Episode 21

WRITTEN BY: Brannon Braga

DIRECTED BY: David Livingston

First Aired: Mar 18, 1996

Stardate: 49548.7

SUMMARY:

Voyager encounters a divergence field and splits into two identical ships, one damaged and one not. Janeway must work together with her counterpart from the other Voyager or both ships will be destroyed, if not by the anomaly then by the nearby Vidiians who would love to take advantage of Voyager's predicament.

This has to be one of the best Voyager episode we have had (2nd best is Before & After in season 3). I enjoyed this episode alot. I know that some people seem to find this episode alittle disturbing because of the loss of the real Noam dying at birth & Harry Kim going through the bottom of the ship into space..

I thought it was a fantastic episode. Had it all - action, suspense, drama. Plenty of technobabble, but for a change it actually helped the plot, not distracted from it.

One of the best episodes of season 2. I believe that the three Ds are the some of the best episodes of this season (death wish, deadlock, dreadnought). I really like the twist at the end, where the ship that actually fared the best was one that destroyed. It's also strange to think that Harry and Naomi are from a different reality - does that make us view them any different in the future?

One of the best episodes of season 2. I believe that the three Ds are the some of the best episodes of this season (death wish, deadlock, dreadnought). I really like the twist at the end, where the ship that actually fared the best was one that destroyed. It's also strange to think that Harry and Naomi are from a different reality - does that make us view them any different in the future?

Harry's death should have had more impact. It was so quick and pointless that I guessed right away that it would be reversed somehow. Instead he should have been severely injured and taken to sick bay. Harry and Naomi dying at the same time would have been dramatic. The doc having to choose between two dying patients and losing them both.... Just an idea.

Though still I'm surprised that being from an alternate reality didn't affect Harry or Naomi that much. I read a fan fic recently that dealt with the fact that Harry was dead and an alternate took his place. It was pretty interesting.

Just watched the episode...still a fantastic episode! This has been my favorite episode since it first aired and still is :P

Edited by JayTheTrekkie

It's certainly one of the best episodes of that season, although I agree that Harry's death should have affected things more than it did.

I just saw Voyager's Deadlock, the episode where the ship is split into two vessels while they're under attack by the Vidiians. I've been watching V'ger on DVD lately, and this is the first time I saw this episode, and I really enjoyed it.

Spoilers below:

I wasn't counting on the badly damaged Voyager to be the one that survived the episode. And it's pretty freaky that Harry Kim actually died! He is now in fact an alternate version...of himself. Wild stuff.

Sean

Yeah, its sure is a great episode. It was one of season 2's best ever episode.

When it first aired, I knew which one was real....the damaged Voyager was the real one :P

Yeah, its sure is a great episode. It was one of season 2's best ever episode.

When it first aired, I knew which one was real....the damaged Voyager was the real one :P

What gets me is this: do they still hold funeral services for the dead Harry and the infant? I guess they still would, even though Harry and the baby are alive and well. For that matter, the Voyager crew would probably also hold services for those on the other ship, as well.

Imagine Harry's reaction at attending his own services? What a mind-blower! :shock:

Sean

You might like to take a look at the episode discussion in the episode forum. :)

Deadlock

Edited by maneth

I just merged the topics together so everyone can see what's been discussed.

I agree with you Kongo, I like the reversal at the end where the damage Voyager is the one that survives.

Maybe you could move this to the episode discussion forum and change the name to just Deadlock, or else someone might have trouble finding it again...

Oops, I hadn't noticed that it had kept it in the main page. I've moved it to the episode discussions.

Watched this one last night and for me one of my fav season two episodes! There aren't many fav season 2 episodes so it's a short list. Really liked this story, solution to Kim's death was of course more than predictable and to my knowlegde it's never brought again in future episodes, which is a shame.

8.5/10

Edited by MS1-DS9-Fan

Is this the episode that establishes Harry Kim DIES and he is simply replaced by a copy from another dimension? DS9 did something similar with O'Brien dying and another version of him replaces him. Although, in fairness to DS9, it's an O'Brien from like ten minutes into the future. Whereas the Kim one seems much more...egregious.

My problem is with the fact that they basically forget that one of the Harrys is dead. We still have one, so it's all good.

Edited by prometheus59650

Sign in to follow this