Sign in to follow this  
Annika Hansen

What series have the best girls?

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Pulaski is one of my favorite female Trek characters, I'd vote for her over Kira or Dax any day if this was about individual female characters... but then, she wasn't even listed as a main character in the credits (which really is a shame). She was one of the VERY few exceptions in which the writers actually got a female character RIGHT and look what happened, she was kicked out after one season... typical for TNG's immense problem with female characters.

It really bugged me how whiny Kira became after she'd hooked up with Odo, I really loved her in the first few seasons because she was completely badass. I'd rather have had her hook up with Dax, to be honest... ;)

I couldn't agree more. I really liked Wesley and Pulaski (Shes one of my favorite trek characters, period), they dont deserve all the hate they get.

Pulaski is one of my favorite female Trek characters ... but then, she wasn't even listed as a main character in the credits

This was the actresses choice. It didn't really make any difference, I think she was in every Season Two episode except Q Who and she had at least as many lines as anyone else on the show (except Picard obviously).

she was kicked out after one season...

I think it was a mutual decision; she's said she only ever intended to do it for a year and would have left anyway.

It really bugged me how whiny Kira became after she'd hooked up with Odo, I really loved her in the first few seasons because she was completely badass.

Agreed.

With that exception though, I have to vote DS9 in answer to the original question. It was the only Star Trek show where women (and men) were actually given any sort of character beyond a one-trick-pony kind of stereotype.

Kira is easily the best female character in the history of Star Trek. - The actress is amazing and her arc is great to watch.

Dax was less successful, especially Ezri who was just childish.

But when you include all the guest characters; Kai Winn for example was a great character!

Neither Uhura nor Hoshi ever did anything remotely interesting, they were purely "for show" characters.

Troi and Beverly both had a few good moments over the years, but mostly they were relegated to supporting and uninteresting roles.

B'Elanna was interesting to start with, but she never really changed much so I got very bored with her after a few years of the same continual hostility.

Janeway was so utterly inconsistent that she might as well have been a different character each week.

Kes has a few interesting moments, but like Troi, she never really went anywhere.

Seven was good but way overused. Seeing her single-handedly save the day every week got very boring after a while.

T'Pol was extremely irritating, obviously only there for two reasons, neither of which were her acting ability.

Pulaski is one of my favorite female Trek characters ... but then, she wasn't even listed as a main character in the credits

This was the actresses choice. It didn't really make any difference, I think she was in every Season Two episode except Q Who and she had at least as many lines as anyone else on the show (except Picard obviously).

It's a "sense of order" thing for me that I wanted her to be in the main credits. She basically WAS a main character and yet she was always listed as a guest. Just a "one thing is not like the others and I don't like it" thing for me.

she was kicked out after one season...

I think it was a mutual decision; she's said she only ever intended to do it for a year and would have left anyway.

That may be, but the truth is, they would have kicked Diana Muldaur out even if she had desperately wanted to stay. Sir Patrick in particular kept pushing for McFadden to come back, for reasons that truly escape me, and the fans were on his side because they hated Pulaski for "being mean towards Data" because the writers screwed that one up royally in the first few season 2 episodes by making her seemingly anti-Data... it's just a bit frustrating for me to see the ONLY main female TNG character who EVER had SOME kind of true personality AND was an exceptional doctor leave (or "being asked to leave", whichever option one prefers) after just one season.

T'Pol was extremely irritating, obviously only there for two reasons, neither of which were her acting ability.

LMFAO! This just made me LOL, especially because it's 100% true. :P

It's hard for me not to choose Voyager, back in 2008 when I started watching the Voyager repeats on Virgin 1, I sort of fell in love with B'Elanna inlove.gif Then there was the love letter I wrote to Seven Of Nine when I was 5, that my Mum found squiggly.gif

Eek. Sorry to hear about that. Bet that was embarrassing.

And as beautiful as Seven is, I've always had a slight thing for B'Elanna too. One of my favorite episodes is "Barge of the Dead", where she wears a Klingon style outfit. :drool:

Edited by Maltz

The only thread that I don't necessarily need my brain to do the thinking for me! :thumbup:;)

I'm a DS9 guy myself when it comes to women. Dax was just smoking in my opinion, and not to bad an actor. You could also say she was the ultimate cougar, with 8 lifetimes of experience in.... certain areas on both sides of the fence. :thumbup:

Kira was also pretty nice. Even for a fire-brand.

Keiko O'Brian wasn't too bad either. Especially when she got in that tight red dress. :) Although, part of her appeal was the fact she wasn't around all that much.

Ezri was eye candy but not much more. She was still too insecure. I like my women at least having some notion of who they are.

TOS is second for me.

Now, while I'm not into black women (not being racist here, I just really don't view them that way) U'hura wasn't too bad looking. She also was pretty talented, and I could difinently see having a friendship with her. But, not a sexually active one.

Janice Rand was okay, but she would be too clingy I think once you gave her any attention.

Nurse Chappel, I'd tap that. ;) No, but in all honesty, she's not too bad looking a woman and she's a nurse. However, I'd probably need to get pointed ears to get her interest. :vulcan:

But, the reason why I gave it second place was the sheer volume of very beautiful guest stars. They knew how to make them back in the day. :)

Enterprise would be my third choice. I realize I am in the minority here, but Hoshi and T'Pol were both pretty hot.

However, while Hoshi was hot in both universes, T'Pol as a but'her face. Very nice body, not too good a face. In the Mirror Universe though, with long hair and naked abdomen, she was mighty fine! But, her Vulcan logic and seven years without sex would drive me crazy.

Hoshi can also talk dirty in what, thirty different languages? That should be a plus!

The rest are tied for third.

Voyager had Jeri Ryan, but I must admitted that I don't think she's all that hot in real life, she was best as a liberate Borg drone in that tight cat suit.

B'Ellana was not at all attractive in my opinion, If we were on Voyager, we could be friends, but nothing more.

Janeway, again not attractive in my opinion. And besides, she's the boss lady herself. And that would be far too complicated.

Kes....seems more like a little sister than a mature woman, and so I'd feel like a pedophile for even having those type of thoughts. However, in episodes she had her long hair, she's not too bad. But she never seemed to really grow up.

TNG had only one woman I love. And that's Deanna Troi. Sure, she is a councilor, and she can be somewhat annoying at times, but WOW. :ohmy: It should be a crime to be THAT hot. And I don't care if they are fake! But, on a more serious note, she's perhaps one of the hottest people ever to be on Star Trek and she's aged very gracefully.

Beverly Crusher, couldn't see it. She reminds me too much of my mom.

Pulaski, looks like a female version of McCoy. 'nuff said.

Tasha Yar wasn't too bad, and I'd be more than happy if I could have both Troi and Tasha in the same room with me at the same time. :thumbup: But, on the other hand, she cries at random times and I'd be afraid she'd start crying during the deed. And she'd probably say afterwards nothing happened between us and threaten devestating things to befall me if I pursue it....well...perhaps on second thought, I'll just take Troi. ;)

Basically it's I'd take them in this order or all together:

1. Deanna Troi.

2. Jadzia Dax.

3. T'Pol (Mirror).

4. Nurse Chappel.

5. Any of the hot female guests on TOS.

What about this one?

The_Gamesters_of_Triskelion_116.JPG

I always thought it a bit unfair that Kirk got the nice looking one while Chekov had to make do with that ;)

Voyager in my opinion.

Go figure.

What about this one?

The_Gamesters_of_Triskelion_116.JPG

I always thought it a bit unfair that Kirk got the nice looking one while Chekov had to make do with that ;)

She gives me a headache. Oh wait...that was the entire episode!

Another DS9 woman I like is Kasidy Yates.

She's the blue-collar captain/former Maquis smuggler who won Ben Sisko's heart. I like how their courtship had so many ups and downs (like a real relationship; as a man married nearly 14 years I can vouch), but ultimately it felt like a true romance; with conflicting schedules, arguments over the future, becoming friendly with your partner's kids, etc. We'd seen romance plenty of times in ST before, but so rarely with all the warts, bad timing and hard knocks of a real relationship (with the exception of The O'Briens perhaps; they've had a hell of a tough life, those two). Sisko even had to have Yates ARRESTED once! How's that for a hit and a half?!?

Ultimately, I think their relationship (while believable) was also stronger for all the pain it endured; it fortified it. They'd been through a lot of hardship. And even when DS9 went off the air it wasn't over; Sisko is MIA, and Yates was left with their unborn child. And Jake is once again left to deal with the 'loss' of a parent (poor kid! :( ). And I thought actress Penny Johnson brought an earthy warmth and charm to Capt. Yates; you could definitely see why Sisko fell so hard for her. She is a pistol, but she is also lovable as well. And unquestionably loyal to both her husband and her freighter crew.

You gotta admire the lady! ;)

She's the blue-collar captain/former Maquis smuggler who won Ben Sisko's heart. I like how their courtship had so many ups and downs (like a real relationship; as a man married nearly 14 years I can vouch), but ultimately it felt like a true romance; with conflicting schedules, arguments over the future, becoming friendly with your partner's kids, etc. We'd seen romance plenty of times in ST before, but so rarely with all the warts, bad timing and hard knocks of a real relationship (with the exception of The O'Briens perhaps; they've had a hell of a tough life, those two). Sisko even had to have Yates ARRESTED once! How's that for a hit and a half?!?

Ultimately, I think their relationship (while believable) was also stronger for all the pain it endured; it fortified it. They'd been through a lot of hardship. And even when DS9 went off the air it wasn't over; Sisko is MIA, and Yates was left with their unborn child. And Jake is once again left to deal with the 'loss' of a parent (poor kid! :( ). And I thought actress Penny Johnson brought an earthy warmth and charm to Capt. Yates; you could definitely see why Sisko fell so hard for her. She is a pistol, but she is also lovable as well. And unquestionably loyal to both her husband and her freighter crew.

Ah, yes. I forgot Kassidy Yates. Lovely woman. A woman who while not needing a man to complete her life, was totally committed to her man.

Ah, yes. I forgot Kassidy Yates. Lovely woman. A woman who while not needing a man to complete her life, was totally committed to her man.

That's kind of how I feel about my wife; she doesn't 'need' me to complete herself; she was a complete package when we met. I'd like to think that I can only strive to increase her happiness (and like Ben Sisko, I've discovered in the last few years that I'm one hell of a cook, too.... ;) ).

But yes, I love Kasidy's warmth and her charm (and she's easy on the eyes too, but not in a jaw-droppingly, over-the-top way like Dax or Seven or Uhura; Kasidy is more natural. I like that...) :)

Voyager in my opinion.

Go figure.

It is logical. Voyager is my favorite star trek series. And it is my favorite star trek series partly because it has ( dear to me ) strong female characters.

TOS obviously has the best looking space babes by sheer volume. Tng had two cuties, Deanna Troi and Beverly Crusher who's feminine beauty could not be stifled even by those silly PC unisex uniforms. DS9's Nana Visitor? Quite frankly, she looks like Rachel Maddow.

Beverly Crusher who's feminine beauty could not be stifled even by those silly PC unisex uniforms.

Not quite "unisex". Did you ever notice how the females have to wear tight one-piece garments while the men all have two-pieces?

But I guess if you only view women as objects and would prefer they all went around in mini-skirts and low-cut tops all the time, then I can see how you might be disappointed.

DS9! It had Dabo girls, Kira Nerys, the two Daxs, Leeta and a whole bunch of smoking hot Risian women.

Truth talk!

The Founder is SUPER wise on this one... ;)

DS9cap.jpgtumblr_mltxevQr8T1rzkjulo2_r1_500.gif

any show that has terry farrell was always gonna get my vote., then when you add in chase mastersom, and the countless of guest actresses it only solidifies its spot

DS9! It had Dabo girls, Kira Nerys, the two Daxs, Leeta and a whole bunch of smoking hot Risian women.

Truth talk!

The Founder is SUPER wise on this one... ;)

DS9cap.jpgtumblr_mltxevQr8T1rzkjulo2_r1_500.gif

Haha! You always find the best Weyoun gifs...:P

And yes, Jadzia was very beautiful. Even in the SF uniform. Makes me reconsider my whining about Seven in that uniform....Hmmmmm

Leeta's no slouch, either ( :thumbup: )... I was lucky to have met her a couple times. Very sweet to her fans, too. She's a doll.

FrankAndSon_05.jpg << Thats her; signing my 'big damn DS9 book' back in 2011 at a collectibles show.

And yes, Terry Farrell is simply gorgeous. Saw her on TV recently (one of Shatner's ST documentaries) and she's going gray & still very beautiful.

Edited by Sehlat Vie

When it comes to hot, I'd say DS9 ... Jadzia and Ezri, Leeta. When it comes to impressive characters with lots of charm (but not really "hot"), I'd add Kira and Kasidy.

But the one and only ST character I got closest to having a "film crush" on is Hoshi on ENT.

Others who stood out as hot, from the top of my head, are Janice Rand on TOS, Suzie Plakson as Dr. Selar and K'Ehlayr(sp?) on TNG and Sarah Silverman's role on VOY.

The plastic fake-boobs-and-lips Baywatch/teenager wet dream style of Seven or T'Pol never managed to catch my interest. Doesn't mean I don't like their characters. But their beauty is just so unnatural to me, it prevents me to even think of them in terms of "hotness".

The plastic fake-boobs-and-lips Baywatch/teenager wet dream style of Seven or T'Pol never managed to catch my interest. Doesn't mean I don't like their characters. But their beauty is just so unnatural to me, it prevents me to even think of them in terms of "hotness".

Believe it or not, but Jeri Ryan's are all-natural.

I know Jolene Blalock has been very candid about her breast augmentation, but Ryan's the real deal.

jeri-ryan-153498.jpg

Awesome, but entirely real... ;)

It's that stupid ribbed corset she had to wear under her 'catsuit' that made her breasts look fake (because they were tortured into shape; same with Blalock).

Sign in to follow this