Sign in to follow this  
Annika Hansen

What series have the best girls?

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

I certainly wouldn't! Though why he had to wax I will never know...

Oh, you were talking about T'Pol. :laugh:

Edited by GenesisDevice

It's a difficult choice...

Voyager have Seven of Nine, B'elanna and Kes (she's annoying, but she's hot). And when she's letting her hair untied, Janeway is gorgeous :happy:

Enterprise have Hoshi, T'Pol and that capricious kidnapped princess :drool:

Next Generation have Deanna Troy :inlove::worthy::drool:

Original Series have Uhura with her exotic fan dance and plenty of babes in micro-skirts :P

But I'll go for DS9... because it have so much babes that I can't list them all :blush: (if there's one I couldn't resist, it's that Jake's bajoran Daboo girlfriend :drool: )

damn i can't pick my top two??

DS9 edges out Voyager just a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit. but i will say here i loved them both pretty much equally.

Oh dear... considering how much I tend to dislike most female characters... lemme see.

TOS: Uhura

TNG: Troi (the later one, please, not whiny Farpoint!Troi with that hideous hairstyle... I'm referring to Troi from seasons 6 and 7 -> YES PLEASE *lol*)

DS9: Jadzia, Kira

VOY: no one

ENT: no one

DS9 it is, then. *nod*

Hmm, after some consideration...

DS9 primarily: Jadzia, dabo girls etc

TNG: the one image that keeps bouncing to mind is that woman with the detachable skirt.

Voyager

Janeway is a mature, gorgeous woman who managed to make that elderly sounding voice attractive-.

Torres is definitely beautiful even under that makeup- might even say hot.

Kes has ethereal prettyness but not hot.

7of9 has a pin-up body and different kind of facial good looks.

I think they were all regulars too.

Wow, no one else picked TOS! I'm shocked. Well, I have to admit, I haven't seen any women other than from TOS (except for Cpt. Janeway, who is kind of pretty), but somehow I think that the TOS gals are prettier. Haha, I know... I'm biased.

Edited by Mrs. Spock

Hmm, let's see:

TOS: Uhura - brilliant but underused.

TNG: Tasha Yar, and late-period Troi - not bad.

DS9: Jadzia and Kira - pretty awesome.

VOY: Seven, Janeway and the Borg Queen - individually pretty dull, but put them together and you have a fantastic if deeply dysfunctional femslash triangle ;)

ENT: Meh.

DS9 is almost certainly objectively better, but I've had so much fun with the Voyager shipping, I think I have to vote for them.

I certainly wouldn't! Though why he had to wax I will never know...

Oh, you were talking about T'Pol. :laugh:

Aww, looks like I was looking at the wrong part of the picture too :P

But seeing as this is a topic about girls - I know she's not quite TOS, but Carol Marcus was a really strong-willed woman who I think came across as a really interesting character :)

This has been the most difficult poll for me since I think just about every series has had outstanding women. When faced with the choice, I have to go with Deep Space Nine. JADZIA! :inlove:

Guest VOY_DOCTOR

Voyager of course.

C'on

A Human Female Captain.

An Ocampan (live on 9 yrs)

A Human/ Klingon Hybrid

It's hard for me not to choose Voyager, back in 2008 when I started watching the Voyager repeats on Virgin 1, I sort of fell in love with B'Elanna :inlove: Then there was the love letter I wrote to Seven Of Nine when I was 5, that my Mum found :S

Edited by Dillkid

Like I said in another post, they all had good looking women in their casts, but when if I include guest stars then I have to go with TOS. I always thought that Kirk had the best looking women of all. DS9 was a close second for me. Their were a lot of exotic women that had sex appeal on that show.

No one, no one, not even one one-time poster has dared vote TNG not even for a giggle. I forget what I did...excuse me.

DS9, because they weren't just 'girls'; they were women..... ;)

Dax and Kira were just great. Kira was an exo who acted like she felt she should've been in command (and perhaps rightly so). She had a chip on her shoulders, but she also had the goods to back it up. Dax was an 'old soul' who acted not only as science officer but as Sisko's most trusted confidante; his "Bones." As a man who is both married and has five sisters (!!) and many female BFFs, I can relate. And while Terry Farrell wasn't the strongest actress when she first signed on, she improved exponentially as the show went on (by season 3 she was set; as was the show's format, really). Did I mention she's absolutely stunning, too? Ezri was OK, but I missed Jadzia...

I'd have to say Uhura in TOS was next because she was a trailblazer and inspiration to so many; nice legs, too. :happy:

Nice to see her finally take charge in TAS' "The Lorelei Signal" too. And how she handled herself in "Mirror, Mirror" was awesome beyond repair. When she pulled that dagger on the 'evil' Sulu? I truly believed she would've gaven him a matching scar on the other side of his face...

Seven of Nine in VGR would be third because she's played by Jeri Ryan. Yowza! :thumbup:

She also had all the really interesting stories, really. Her character and the EMH made VGR tolerable for me. But my favorite VGRs are mostly hers.

I won't enumerate why I dislike Janeway; there are already whole threads for that... :laugh:

TNG and ENT were tied for some of the worst female characters of ST.

In TNG you had the typical 'nurturer/caregiver' cliches; the ship's shrink and the ships' doctor. Tasha Yar was security and she was picked off in season one.

And they (Troi/Crusher) were played as embarrassing stereotypes of 'nurturers' as well ("I know how you feel..." blah, blah, blah). Handholders, essentially. And they few times each character was given opportunities to command they seemed out of their element and very uncomfortable; that shouldn't be the case with bridge officers of command grade. And Hoshi on ENT; while a gifted linguist who can master alien languages almost overnight, did they have to make her a neurotic nervous nelly? She's almost an embarrassing throwback to the '50s scifi cliches who would scream whenever the rockets kicked on. She got better later, and while Linda Park is adorable, I just felt it was too little too late to repair ENT's damaged cred with women.

Season 4 kind of made up for it with Capt. Erika Hernandez, but did they HAVE to make her Archer's lover, too?!?

Edited by Sehlat Vie

I'm actually amused that TNG still hasn't gotten even ONE vote... ;) It's not that I disagree, though, I'd give TNG zero votes in this one as well even though I DO think Troi is VERY attractive, but, unfortunately, everything else about her is NOT very appealing and bleh, voting based solely on looks, DO NOT WANT.

I agree with you, Sehlat, I think DS9's female characters were the most pronounced and most interesting ones. Especially early Kira. Now THERE's a female character. I didn't like how they made both Kira and Dax 'a bit softer' when they began dating Odo and Worf respectively, but maybe that's just me, I honestly don't care much for that sort of thing, blergh.

I'm actually amused that TNG still hasn't gotten even ONE vote... ;) It's not that I disagree, though, I'd give TNG zero votes in this one as well even though I DO think Troi is VERY attractive, but, unfortunately, everything else about her is NOT very appealing and bleh, voting based solely on looks, DO NOT WANT.

I agree with you, Sehlat, I think DS9's female characters were the most pronounced and most interesting ones. Especially early Kira. Now THERE's a female character. I didn't like how they made both Kira and Dax 'a bit softer' when they began dating Odo and Worf respectively, but maybe that's just me, I honestly don't care much for that sort of thing, blergh.

It kind of seemed to me that when Dax and Worf hooked up, it unleashed her 'inner Klingon' a bit. And Kira softening up a bit was interesting because it was so 180 from where she was when the show started; in "Emissary" it's barely imaginable that she could have a softer side....

But yes, I still think TNG was the biggest slap to women everywhere. And no, I didn't vote on looks, either. ;) I may kid about it, but I'm nowhere near that shallow. :laugh: TNG might've ranked third for me if only they'd kept Pulaski. I really liked her. She acted like a real doctor, too. As someone who's spent a LOT of time in hospitals (my life's a medical mess), I've encountered many Pulaskis. Not too many Crushers (good thing too; she'd probably turn me into a giant spider or something by accident). But Pulaski was one woman on the show who could effortlessly hold her own with the big boys; I loved her interplay with Worf and Data, too. Too bad Crusher had to come back and undo all of her progress.

If only... :(

Pulaski is one of my favorite female Trek characters, I'd vote for her over Kira or Dax any day if this was about individual female characters... but then, she wasn't even listed as a main character in the credits (which really is a shame). She was one of the VERY few exceptions in which the writers actually got a female character RIGHT and look what happened, she was kicked out after one season... typical for TNG's immense problem with female characters.

It really bugged me how whiny Kira became after she'd hooked up with Odo, I really loved her in the first few seasons because she was completely badass. I'd rather have had her hook up with Dax, to be honest... ;)

Sign in to follow this