J_Chaney

What was the last non-Trek tv show you watched?

You dare compare the godness Erin Gray with Carie Fisher ???

Blasphemy ! LOL

Gus

Erin Gray is always first in my fanboy heart :inlove: .... * ahem * after my wife, of course :P (* blushes, scurries away... * ).

erin-gray.jpg

Sim   

Caught one and a half episode of "7th Heaven" when my wife was watching it ... uhm... really not my cup of tea. But certainly safe for children...

Caught one and a half episode of "7th Heaven" when my wife was watching it ... uhm... really not my cup of tea. But certainly safe for children...

Not mine, either.

Only vaguely interesting for me in that it unites TMP's "Decker" (Stephen Collins) with TVH's "Dr. Gillian Taylor" (Catherine Hicks). Funny... for ST geeks, anyway. :giggle:

Sim   

Not mine, either.

Only vaguely interesting for me in that it unites TMP's "Decker" (Stephen Collins) with TVH's "Dr. Gillian Taylor" (Catherine Hicks). Funny... for ST geeks, anyway. :giggle:

In the German dubbed version on tv here, Stephen Collins is even dubbed by the same voice actor who dubbed Jonathan Frakes in TNG ... :laugh:

But the weirdest "voice actor moment" for me was when Martok's voice got a job as night shift anchorman on a news radio station ...

In the German dubbed version on tv here, Stephen Collins is even dubbed by the same voice actor who dubbed Jonathan Frakes in TNG ... :laugh:

Number One? Meet Number 0.5... :laugh:

But the weirdest "voice actor moment" for me was when Martok's voice got a job as night shift anchorman on a news radio station ...

In local news tonight, two warriors died without honor tonight during a drunken bar fight in downtown K'lotokh district. The bodies have been identified, but their names shall not be spoken for generations to come.

Now onto to sports.... :laugh:

Last thing we watched: We've had to download our favorite shows off of iTunes and watch them in our hotel room (on my computer), but it's nice watching without commercials (yay!).

Last night we 'caught up' with the last two episodes of "Face Off"; the SyFy channel special FX makeup series. My wife and I our big fans of the show, and it was pretty cool to meet some of the former contestants last weekend at the IMATS (International Makeup Artists Trade Show) convention (see: my photos of the IMATS thread in the Mess Hall if you're interested...).

Sam   

I realise I am a little behind bust I have just caught up with Season 7 of Bones which I thoroughly enjoyed (despite it being a short 13 episode season which I assume is due to Emily Dechanel being pregnant at the time)

AND Paul and I are half way through the first season of Heroes. It's something I never watched when it was on TV first time around so I am making up for last ground.

Why, Rick Berman ? Why you didnt cast Erin Gray as Janeway. I love Mulgrew but the godness Erin, who auditioned for the role of captain in STAR TREK VOYAGER, wqould gave the series a lot of sex appeal. WHY, BERMAN ???

LOL

wilma01.jpg

Gus

I do love Sherlock :)

Has anyone seen the US version - Elementary.

Is it any good?

No. It's not.

"Elementary" is just horrible; it's downright loathsome if you're a longtime Sherlock Holmes fan as I am. Johnny Lee Miller just doesn't hold a candle to Benedict Cumberbatch; plain and simple. And Lucy Liu's Watson is aggravating. Martin Freeman is spot-on perfect. I've watched two episodes of "Elementary" and all my worst suspicions were confirmed...

BBC's Sherlock is still the new gold standard (Jeremy Brett's being definitively faithful). Just downloaded the latest episode this morning. Going to watch it tonight. Can't wait!

I used to watch a ton of t.v. upwards of 15 shows per week. Can't believe I ever had that sort of time. Currently watching

Helix

The Simpsons

Justified

Patiently waiting for return of Walking Dead

Through first two season of Breaking Bad on netflix, but honestly I don't see why everyone thinks it is so great.

Why, Rick Berman ? Why you didnt cast Erin Gray as Janeway. I love Mulgrew but the godness Erin, who auditioned for the role of captain in STAR TREK VOYAGER, wqould gave the series a lot of sex appeal. WHY, BERMAN ???

LOL

wilma01.jpg

Gus

VGR might've had one extra fan... me. ;)

But trying to imagine Erin Gray and Jeri Ryan in the same show (!!) just blows all my fuses... I think I might've suffered heart failure.

tumblr_lm8dq0pm3G1qgnqo3o1_400.pngjeri-ryan-twisted-mo.jpg

funny-gif-cat-sleeping-weird-face.gif

"Wake up, Sehlat! WAKE UP!!!"

I realise I am a little behind bust I have just caught up with Season 7 of Bones which I thoroughly enjoyed (despite it being a short 13 episode season which I assume is due to Emily Dechanel being pregnant at the time)

AND Paul and I are half way through the first season of Heroes. It's something I never watched when it was on TV first time around so I am making up for last ground.

Unfortunately the first season of Heroes is the only one worth watching. It goes significantly down hill after, keep in mind though that the second season suffered from the writers strike that season.

Mine too. But they would have to give Erin her white spandex uniform back ! LOL

Gus

I dunno.

That white little 'sailor dress' is pretty hot, too.... or as Gray called it, "Her Dairy Queen in space outfit." :P

tumblr_lm8dq0pm3G1qgnqo3o1_400.png

Unfortunately the first season of Heroes is the only one worth watching. It goes significantly down hill after, keep in mind though that the second season suffered from the writers strike that season.

Agreed. It's the only season of the show on DVD. I prefer to think of the S1 finale as the end of the show... :thumbup:

Last night we watched BBC's Sherlock, "The Sign of Three."

Sherlock-Benedict-Cumberbatch-in-The-Sign-of-Three.jpg

We had to watch it on iTunes in our hotel room (our cable here is VERY basic), but it was great. Worth waiting a few weeks for its US debut...

Seeing Sherlock & Holmes drunk off their arses was so worth it. :laugh:

Whenever I see pictures of the two of them in these outfits I imagine they're getting married. :inlove: I ship it like no one even knows.

I have season 3 on DVD and it's waiting for me to enjoy it but somehow I haven't felt emotionally stable enough for it yet because JOHNLOCK.

Whenever I see pictures of the two of them in these outfits I imagine they're getting married. :inlove: I ship it like no one even knows.

I have season 3 on DVD and it's waiting for me to enjoy it but somehow I haven't felt emotionally stable enough for it yet because JOHNLOCK.

This is my favorite show right now (that isn't on hiatus, or whatnot; as in 'on air, right now'). If this were the only show of mine I could watch during my 'exile' here in the hotel? It's enough...

And yes, they tease with the gay thing a LOT on this show; there was a great bit on the latest episode (not a spoiler really; as the photo indicates) where the wedding photographer asks for a shot of the bride & groom and Sherlock stills stands with the two of them, oblivious to the instructions. Finally, he has to be reminded to leave the frame...

Shipping JohnLock is pretty damn easy... hell, it's Shipping 101.

This is my favorite show right now (that isn't on hiatus, or whatnot; as in 'on air, right now'). If this were the only show of mine I could watch during my 'exile' here in the hotel? It's enough...

And yes, they tease with the gay thing a LOT on this show; there was a great bit on the latest episode (not a spoiler really; as the photo indicates) where the wedding photographer asks for a shot of the bride & groom and Sherlock stills stands with the two of them, oblivious to the instructions. Finally, he has to be reminded to leave the frame...

Don't worry about spoilers, I've already been properly briefed on what happens, hehe. And yeah, Johnlock is SO obvious. It's even more obvious than Kirk/Spock, and THAT is pretty hard to accomplish, haha.

Don't worry about spoilers, I've already been properly briefed on what happens, hehe. And yeah, Johnlock is SO obvious. It's even more obvious than Kirk/Spock, and THAT is pretty hard to accomplish, haha.

No slash goggles required for JohnLock; it's all there... even Mrs Hudson gets in on the fun. :laugh:

No slash goggles required for JohnLock; it's all there... even Mrs Hudson gets in on the fun. :laugh:

SERIOUSLY. She ships them most of all! "Have you two had a little domestic?" or "SHERLOCK WAS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" Ah, I love Mrs Hudson.

SERIOUSLY. She ships them most of all! "Have you two had a little domestic?" or "SHERLOCK WAS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" Ah, I love Mrs Hudson.

I also like her 'promotion' from housekeeper to landlady in the new version ("I'm not your bloody housekeeper!"). Nice touch. Stephen Moffatt has created the perfect modern incarnation of the Holmes mythology.

As a longtime SH geek? I appreciate this (I used to devour the books as a teenager).

By the way, if you ever feel the impulse to watch the American bastardization version "Elementary"? Don't. That's the best advice I can give regarding that piece of s#!t.

Don't worry. I only bothered with Sherlock in the first place because Sherlock/Watson SLAAAAAAAAASH... Elementary doesn't qualify for that in the first place. ;)

Don't worry. I only bothered with Sherlock in the first place because Sherlock/Watson SLAAAAAAAAASH... Elementary doesn't qualify for that in the first place. ;)

And the plots are about as 'clever' as an episode of Matlock. Seriously; it's been really dumbed down in the American version.