J_Chaney

What was the last non-Trek tv show you watched?

Glenn   

I watched the first episode of Police Squad! (In Colour) earlier... thank you, Sam! :thumbup:

Tone720   

I watched the first episode of Police Squad! (In Colour) earlier... thank you, Sam! :thumbup:

Classic stuff :thumbsup2: Surely not the first time you've seen that show? If it is, I assume you've at least watched the Naked Gun movies?

anyways my viewing recently has consisted of;

Total Wipeout... some guy who called himself Cow Man and made noises like a cow won it, surely proving that you HAVE to be nuts to go on that show at all? :loopy:

Still, funny to watch though, kinda like a more modern (but in this case, actually better) It's A Knockout or something and definitely also owing a lot to those hilarious Japanese action gameshows such as Takeshi's Castle. It also always evokes memories of Eccles from The Goon Show for me, every time someone falls, I always thing "Oh, he's gone and fallen in der wa-ter..."

oh and I also watched a bit of some Rugby match (strange how the crowds etc for such a violent, thuggish game are so civilised compared to those for the supposed 'Gentleman's Game' of Football/Soccer) and a bit of Olympic Ski-jumping which I quite enjoyed. Also have last night's episodes of QIXL and The Virtual Revolution ready to watch.

Glenn   

Classic stuff :thumbsup2: Surely not the first time you've seen that show? If it is, I assume you've at least watched the Naked Gun movies?

It is, but I'm a huge fan of the Naked Gun trilogy and Sam knew this. He took a gamble and didn't know A: that I'd never seen the show, nor B: that I've wanted the show for years on DVD... so he's my new favourite person in the whole world (well, he was pretty close beforehand anyway)!

A couple of jokes are repeats from the films (which I guess were repeats from this first, actually) but still as classic as ever! :laugh:

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Twice. This must be a difficult time for you. We would have gotten here earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then."

Tone720   

It is, but I'm a huge fan of the Naked Gun trilogy and Sam knew this. He took a gamble and didn't know A: that I'd never seen the show, nor B: that I've wanted the show for years on DVD... so he's my new favourite person in the whole world (well, he was pretty close beforehand anyway)!

A couple of jokes are repeats from the films (which I guess were repeats from this first, actually) but still as classic as ever! :laugh:

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Twice. This must be a difficult time for you. We would have gotten here earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then."

In that case, I almost envy you in the same way I'd envy someone watching DS9 through for the first time etc, yes some things were repeated in the movies but makes them no less classic :thumbup:

Now watching my first Red Dwarf of the day, Parallel Universe... I've actually rewound the Tongue Tied Song that starts the episode a few times because it's so damn awesome :laugh:

Glenn   

In that case, I almost envy you in the same way I'd envy someone watching DS9 through for the first time etc, yes some things were repeated in the movies but makes them no less classic :thumbup:

Ta. :thumbsup2:

I watched two more episodes: the second one wasn't as sharp, but the third ("The Butler Did It") had me in stiches! :laugh:

The mime thrown through the window with the clue...! :biggrin:

Glenn   

Paul Merton in Europe

I caught five minutes of that. Didn't you think his guide's public argument was a little staged? :huh:

Twenty-Four - Day Eight, Hour #7. Still perfect television. :thumbsup2:

maneth   

SG-1: The Broca Divide, The First Commandment, Cold Lazarus, The Nox, Brief Candle

Paul Merton in Europe

I caught five minutes of that. Didn't you think his guide's public argument was a little staged? :huh:

Twenty-Four - Day Eight, Hour #7. Still perfect television. :thumbsup2:

I thought it was VERY staged, embarrassingly so! lol.

Now watching my first Red Dwarf of the day, Parallel Universe... I've actually rewound the Tongue Tied Song that starts the episode a few times because it's so damn awesome :laugh:

Hehe, it is pretty fab!! I started watching them all again right from the start but stalled at series 7, suppose I should go back to it at some point - lol.

Watched the new episode of The Simpsons awhile ago. Forgot about it on Sunday lol There was also a new episode of Family Guy too so I'll get to that eventually sometime this week

Glenn   

Does the UEFA Champions League count?

In which case, I'm currently watching FC Porto versus Arsenal. Anybody not wishing to know the score should look away now.

Oh wait, I don't care. :laugh:

Tone720   

just watched saturday's episode of Aleks Krotoski's The Virtual Revolution... absolutely fascinating stuff, and a bit of an eye-opener to those not aware of the ways of the web.

Glenn   

Brand new HD episodes of The Simpsons on Sky1 HD.

Say what you like about the modern stuff, but I still laughed my backside off. :thumbsup2: