J_Chaney

What was the last non-Trek tv show you watched?

Recommended Posts

I can't stop thinking about that scene, I mean... I MEAN... this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff that I ADORE... and then "Congratulations, Mr. President"

me:

tumblr_ns9lygBTuy1rno0x6o1_500.gif

Oh btw, I tried to watch the Stranger Things pilot episode last night but didn't care much for it. Not my thing. Too many kids, and I don't like kids, sorry. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

I can't stop thinking about that scene, I mean... I MEAN... this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff that I ADORE... and then "Congratulations, Mr. President"

me:

tumblr_ns9lygBTuy1rno0x6o1_500.gif

Oh btw, I tried to watch the Stranger Things pilot episode last night but didn't care much for it. Not my thing. Too many kids, and I don't like kids, sorry. :P

It took me a couple episodes to warm up to as well, but if it’s not your thing I get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

It took me a couple episodes to warm up to as well, but if it’s not your thing I get it. 

It's just such... utterly generic horror somehow. And the kids don't help much either, if it at least had adults dealing with things, but it's a bunch of kids and... ugh, kids. I'll see if I can watch some of the second episode but so far I'm leaning towards "nah thanks".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr.Picard said:

It's just such... utterly generic horror somehow. And the kids don't help much either, if it at least had adults dealing with things, but it's a bunch of kids and... ugh, kids. I'll see if I can watch some of the second episode but so far I'm leaning towards "nah thanks".

It’s an homage of an ‘80s horror movie; think of it as the long lost offspring of Steven Spielberg and Stephen King.  But yeah, if you don’t like it?  You don’t like it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

It’s an homage of an ‘80s horror movie; think of it as the long lost offspring of Steven Spielberg and Stephen King.  But yeah, if you don’t like it?  You don’t like it.  

I haven’t seen that many 80s horror movies, I guess that’s why the show’s supposed charm is so lost on me. :laugh: But I did take your advice and watched another episode and I guess the show is okay after all. Still not exactly my thing though, and there are still too many kids and teenagers, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just seen “Stranger Things” S2.1 (“MadMax”) and 2.2 (“Trick or Treat Freaks!”).

landscape-1486986380-stranger-things-mik

The show returned this week, and was perfectly timed for Halloween.  It hasn’t missed a beat, either.  It’s just as good as last year. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Deuce - David Simon, with his collaborator George Pelecanos from The Wire, creates another in-depth portrait of a time and a place in this superb recreation of the Times Square porn industry in the early 70s. Sounds unsavory? It is unflinching, and absolutely astonishing storytelling. 

Stranger Things 2. Stranger Things 1 was good, but Stranger Things 2 was phenomenal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

The Deuce - David Simon, with his collaborator George Pelecanos from The Wire, creates another in-depth portrait of a time and a place in this superb recreation of the Times Square porn industry in the early 70s. Sounds unsavory? It is unflinching, and absolutely astonishing storytelling. 

Stranger Things 2. Stranger Things 1 was good, but Stranger Things 2 was phenomenal

I binge-watched ST2 during the Halloween season (literally carrying my iPad all over the house as I got things ready for Halloween) and I agree; the focus and overall storytelling was much tighter in S2, and the characters are all thoroughly broken in.  Even new characters, such as Max and Paul Reiser's shady scientist, fit right in.   It was good last year, but it was great this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I binge-watched ST2 during the Halloween season (literally carrying my iPad all over the house as I got things ready for Halloween) and I agree; the focus and overall storytelling was much tighter in S2, and the characters are all thoroughly broken in.  Even new characters, such as Max and Paul Reiser's shady scientist, fit right in.   It was good last year, but it was great this year. 

Should we have a thread for this? 

 

(We do - moving over there...) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenman   

Watched all of Stranger Things 2 this past week. Loved it, almost all of it...a great little show with lovely characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maneth   

Binge watched GoT, so we've already started on the 5th season. At this rate, we're done before December starts, never mind Christmas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A surprisingly good episode of Supergirl S3, “Midvale.”   
A flashback episode that sees a teenaged Supergirl and her adoptive human sister Alex solving the murder of a classmate.   
Aside from the flashbacks, it was nice to see the characters (both younger and older versions) take a much-needed break from the giant CGI/rubber alien menaces-of-the-week that have typified the show since S2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites