J_Chaney

What was the last non-Trek tv show you watched?

Sim   

"Sherlock" episode 3.03.

And "Homeland" episode 1.07.

Sim   

"Homeland" episode 1.08.

"The Twilight Zone" episode 5.01: "In Praise of Pip".

And "Sherlock", the special episode "The Abominable Bride". Pretty cool special! 

Edited by Sim

Too busy working on Comic Con prep stuff to watch TV today, but I’ve been listening to a TON of YouTube videos (thanks to my trusty old iPad...)

Sim   

"Fear the Walking Dead" episode 3.07. I actually find the show decently entertaining. Really not a special show ... but since it's for free on Amazon, it's good enough for an hour per week, IMO.

And my wife and I finally started "Sherlock" episode 4.01: We both haven't seen the new season yet. I really liked the episode! Though all this espionage/James Bond-like stuff is maybe a bit strong... I'd rather see more "standard" episodes about... I don't know, less extravagant cases. Anyway, two more episodes to go! :)

Each year, comes a new ULTRAMAN TV series in Japan, its like a huge franchise there (and in Brazil too). I just watched the new Ultra series from 2016, titled ULTRAMAN ORB, and surprise surprise, its the best Ultra series since 2006's ULTRAMAN MEBIUS, taking place in the original Ultra timeline again...and thats a good thing. Here's the intro for ORB featuring a great cast, a great musical theme and good FX. And, gasp, a bit of humor too. Next : ULTRAMAN GEED in 2017.

1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:
Each year, comes a new ULTRAMAN TV series in Japan, its like a huge franchise there (and in Brazil too). I just watched the new Ultra series from 2016, titled ULTRAMAN ORB, and surprise surprise, its the best Ultra series since 2006's ULTRAMAN MEBIUS, taking place in the original Ultra timeline again...and thats a good thing. Here's the intro for ORB featuring a great cast, a great musical theme and good FX. And, gasp, a bit of humor too. Next : ULTRAMAN GEED in 2017.

I used to watch the Ultraman TV series from the ‘60s.  Those were goofy fun.  :laugh:

Catchy little theme song too... :giggle:

The first Ultraman series in 1966 was quite fun, but they only got better with the two subsequent series, ULTRASEVEN (1969) and RETURN OF ULTRAMAN (1971), which feature high drama and adult storylines,the last good Ultraman series of that period was Ultraman Leo in 1975. The modern Ultraman series are hit and miss, with the better being Ultraman Tiga (1998), Ultraman Mebius (2006) and now the amazing Ultraman Orb series and movie (2016 and 2017). I cant get enough Ultraman LOL

Heres the intro for my favorite Ultraman series THE RETURN OF ULTRAMAN,(1971) featuring actor Giro Dan as dramatic hero Hideki Goh. Love the music,performed by Dan.

Gus

Sim   

Last night, I rewatched some "X-Files": Episodes 1.19 "Shapes" and 2.01 "Little Green Men".

Sim   

My wife and I watched "Sherlock", episodes 4.02 and 4.03.

I increasingly feel they cramp a little too much into too few screen time.

And i have to say this Saw-like stuff in the last episode somewhat disgusted me. I just don't get what people get out of this kind of sadism. For genuine questioning of morals, such scenarios are just way too grotesquely vulgar. IMO.

Edited by Sim

Sim   

Finally watched "Twin Peaks", episode 3.09 (it's last week's episode, I'm a bit behind). Nice it was centered on the familiar characters again!

Watched more episodes of STREET HAWK (1984) this time with guest stars Christopher Lloyd and a young George Clooney. Loving the DVD box set from Shout Factory which includes an unaired version of the pilot and a 40-minute featurette with interviews with Rex Smith and Joe Regalbuto. Just joy !

Sim   

My wife and I watched "Game of Thrones", episode 6.10 -- last season's finale, to prepare for the new season. Was a bit tricky to remember all the connections again. :laugh:

Sim   

"Game of Thrones", episode 7.01. Yay, the show is back! :thumbup:

"Space: 1999”: the pilot “Breakaway” (I needed a Martin Landau moment...:()

and

“The Invaders” TV series (1968), “Beachhead” (the pilot).

Sim   
1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

"Space: 1999”: the pilot “Breakaway” (I needed a Martin Landau moment...:()

and

“The Invaders” TV series (1968), “Beachhead” (the pilot).

I think I should watch something in Martin Landau's honor, too. I don't really feel like "Space: 1999", but maybe the "X-Files" movie? I'll put it on my list. RIP, Martin Landau!

Just watched "Fear the Walking Dead" episode 3.08. An decent half-season finale for the summer break, I guess.

Watched the first two movies in the ROBOCOP PRIME DIRECTIVES TV mini series from 2001 (DARK JUSTICE and MELTDOWN). I just wanna some "new" Robo action, even low budget. LOL

Sim   

"Game of Thrones" episode 7.02. It's really getting thrilling, this slow build up towards the end battle!

We just got home from San Diego this morning around 11:30 yesterday morning and my Discflix copy of Star Wars’ Rebels S1 Disc 1 was waiting for me.   

Starwarsrebels-s1-ep7-LB-1.jpg

Watched the first two episodes... not terribly impressed yet, but I hear it gets better.

There are TONS of tiny fan service moments; the ‘muscle’ character of the crew is based off of Ralph McQuarrie’s early paintings of Chewbacca, for example.   This was especially ironic when he pretends to be “a hairless Wookiee.”  Cute moment.   I noticed a few others, but it’s too early in the AM over here to remember them all just yet...

zebchewie.jpg

Sim   

"The Leftovers" episode 3.01. Promising start for the last season!

Sim   

"Twin Peaks" episode 3.11. More than half of the season is over, and there is still no story in a narrower sense... but I love it! :laugh:

Star Wars Rebels, S1.3-5.

I'm officially intrigued.  I'm not crazy about the show just yet but it's decent entertainment and the characters are coming along.  In many ways, it reminds me more of "Firefly" than Star Wars, but that's okay too; I loved "Firefly." :thumbup: