J_Chaney

What was the last non-Trek tv show you watched?

Glenn   

Hamlet, starring David Tennant and Sir Patrick Stewart.

Three hours of unbridled genius. A masterpiece.

Voyager   

I tried to watch it, but I gave up after the second scene. I just couldn't stand that they modernised it.

Glenn   

I tried to watch it, but I gave up after the second scene. I just couldn't stand that they modernised it.

Really? Well, they stayed totally faithful to the original play in dialogue and presentation... I can see how the costumes and settings may have jarred (a scene later on where Hamlet is surrounded by what appears to be a Middle Eastern invasion force, with armour and SA80s and everything) but overall found it totally engrossing performance-wise, so didn't mind the 21st Century setting.

Still, each to their own, and sorry to hear it didn't click with you. :(

Voyager   

Really? Well, they stayed totally faithful to the original play in dialogue and presentation... I can see how the costumes and settings may have jarred (a scene later on where Hamlet is surrounded by what appears to be a Middle Eastern invasion force, with armour and SA80s and everything) but overall found it totally engrossing performance-wise, so didn't mind the 21st Century setting.

Still, each to their own, and sorry to hear it didn't click with you. :(

It was the costumes that I couldn't stand. I also think that they could have edited it down a bit. Most of the Hamlet films I've seen cut out some of the dialogue or scenes to keep the pace moving. Here I felt that it was just far too slow moving.

Cheile   

on Christmas Day - a History Channel special abt Ancient Aliens. really neat!

then i caught abt 20 mins of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. i'm sure you can guess when that was. :P

T'Preen   

on Christmas Day - a History Channel special abt Ancient Aliens. really neat!

I have seen that too, several times actually. It is very interesting. :)

I watched a special about asteroids on National Geographic Channel earlier. That was interesting, too. :angel_not:

Cheile   

^ i requested Erich von Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods?" at the library after watching that. hopefully it comes soon!

my writing sis was watching a thing on National Geo channel tonite about "Drain the Oceans", narrated by none other than Avery Brooks. :thumbup: i must see this at some point.

Edited by Cheile