Sign in to follow this  
Annika Hansen

The most disliked ST canon material

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

I don't hate Enterprise, but it's my least favourite of the series. As for the films, without a doubt Abrams pathetic excuse for a trek movie gets my vote.

The Nu!Trek movie basically ripped the fandom in half. Those who say that's soooooo not true, have not been outside of this little forum to see people at other sites getting banned and slandered. People were getting banned from forums because they posted on their LJ that they hated the movie; or even joined an against Nu!Trek group. That alone was enough for slander, ridicule and a banning.

I ever meet JJ and not only will I cuss him out, but I'll spit on him for what he's done to Trek, and to everything I personally hold dear.

/endcrazyromulanrant

'Hate' is a strong word. Just thought I'd say that.

As for least favorites, ENT is probably my least favorite, since there's some stuff in there that doesn't agree with the original canon (Klingons with big hair and forehead ridges, and the appearance of the Ferengi, when I was sure first contact with them was in TNG, to name a few).

I haven't seen all of the movies to make any actual decision. My least favorite movie is a tie between Nemesis and Star Trek 2009. I chose Nemesis because it's not the same TNG we all knew before; in a sense, it wasn't Trek...more like another typical mostly-SFX-barely-any-plot movie like the ones Hollywood has been spewing out for the past decade, with TNG actors pasted in. :vulcan:

Star Trek 2009 is pretty much the same thing (mostly-SFX-barely-any-plot), but with way more plot holes. Plus, I resent how JJ Abrams killed off the Romulans' and Vulcans' homeworlds. But I spared it my choice of least favorite because it was the movie that got me into Trek.

But to make a long story short, I don't hate anything related to Star Trek. Like I said, 'hate' is a strong word.

JJ Abrams' Trek may have divided the fandom, but it has brought more "new" Trekkies.

Some of whom have no idea which way is up. Some of the Nu!Trek babies think they know it all because they have seen JJ's mighty Trek; God's gift to the world! Sure seems like it.

'Hate' is a strong word.

And I have plenty of it for JJ's sick little version of what Trek should be. Romulans (and most don't get why) mean the world to me. If it hadn't been for them, I'd be long since dead.To destroy Romulus 'just because they could' made me sick and brought out intense hurt that I can't even begin to explain to anyone. JJ has admitted countless times that He is more of a Star Wars fan, and that he never really liked Trek much at all. I still think he did the entire movie on purpose...what with the killing off of 2 well known planets, just to see how far he could push before the fandom broke and never recovered.

*Gets out of thread before she goes off on a long winded tangent that will never die*

Edited by Ael

^ Well, I'm not one of those nu!Trek babies. The new movie was what got me interested in Trek.

I've been exposed to the original canon before when I was little, but I was never really interested in it. I liked the new movie so much when I first saw it, that I went back and watched TOS and the later shows...lo and behold, I prefer the original canon better than JJ Abrams's universe.

*Dusts down his shotgun*

This is going to be sooo easy, and sweet :devil: :devil:

That Abrams abomination without a doubt is my most hated thing that's canon.

I'm one of many people on here who've disregarded what he did to Romulus and Vulcan in their fics.

That dude just hates anyone with pointed ears, but Ael's rippped into him far worse than I can ever manage for some very good reasons.

Edited by Starfire

It's been said but indeed hate is a strong word. (I remember once saying I hated JK Rowling and was slated beyond compare). Anyway, I will vote for Voyager in one category. Don't get me wrong I like each franchise (TV-wise) even the lesser one's in some way. Heck, I seem to have come 360 on Enterprise. Voyager just...didn't do much for me out of the series.

And the Trek XI gets my vote otherwise.

Nokia ringtone/Scotty/Enterprise/Scotty/Nero/Scotty/Grand Canyon

I only regarded what he did to Romulus (it's one of the major arcs of my fic's fourth season) but I disregarded what he did to Vulcan, because the Path to 2409 made no mention of Vulcan's destruction.

Star Trek V is the only thing that might rise to the level of hate for me. In sf terms I usually limit that word to the Star Wars PT and anything with Keanu Reeves in it. :P

flamingjester4fj.gif

I voted ENT and Star Trek 2009.

I never got into ENT. The bridge crew just didn't do it for me. My Trekkie friends and I even threw a party when that show first aired. After the show, we just sat there with equal gazes of "WTF" on our faces. We decided to give the show some room and continued to watch it for the next few episodes. I just couldn't get into it *shrugs* I heard it had some great guest actors later on though.

I picked Star Trek 2009 for the same reasons others have listed.

Certainly there are things I don't care for and even dislike, but I don't hate any of it. And it seems somewhat comical to talk about things/people we hate on a Star Trek forum...like maybe we've missed the point Trek was trying to make all these years.

I'm therefore not voting in this thread.

Why are people getting on high horses over something so small? I automatically took the title to mean a discussion on your least favorite series/movies. There is nothing wrong with voicing one's honest opinion on something so long as it is civil. I never once mentioned hatred in my post and gave rational explanations for not favoring the items I voted for.

As much as I hate to say this, perhaps the original poster should modify the title of the topic in order to prevent misunderstandings.

Well, all I can say is I say things as I see them. *shrugs*

There is nothing wrong with voicing one's honest opinion on something so long as it is civil.

Agreed. :thumbsup2:

XI and VOY really don't exist. :P

It's not that they ever came out--because they didn't. Who is Nero? Wait--what's Voyager? Is it that satellite? :giggle:

Nero might've been that chap that burned a city once...No?

--The thread now would seem to have a more...pleasing title. :)

Still, the votes stand.

I believe he was a Roman emperor...>.>

I see it too. Thanks, Annika! I enjoy discussing things like this.

Why are people getting on high horses over something so small? I automatically took the title to mean a discussion on your least favorite series/movies. There is nothing wrong with voicing one's honest opinion on something so long as it is civil. I never once mentioned hatred in my post and gave rational explanations for not favoring the items I voted for.

As much as I hate to say this, perhaps the original poster should modify the title of the topic in order to prevent misunderstandings.

Title modified.

Series: ENT.

Movie: Nemesis.

'Nuff said.

I recognize you as the writer of, I think it was "A Flight to Remember" or "Harry Potter and the Fountain of Possibilities".

But anyhow, I never really liked TAS because, even when cartoons gave one a greater freedom, it was different.

I don't hate any Trek incarnation... I haven't seen the much-maligned 2nd season of Enterprise yet so it's too early to judge, but I like the show itself, a lot. My least favorite Trek is the 3rd season of TOS, it's full of bad scripts and the finale is downright painful to watch.

I haven't seen all Trek movies, but my least favorite is Nemesis. Yeah, I prefer ST09...

Sign in to follow this