Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Arex

New TAS Comic Released!

The new web-based TAS comic has been released. This one was written by Russell Bates, who wrote the TAS episode "How Sharper Than a Serpents Tooth." If you haven't checked this site out, then you really don't know what you've been missing. They've done some great TAS comics and it is a veritable mountain of TAS related info. So check it out here! :)

http://startrekanimated.com/tas_comic08_main.html

Another great comic! Thanks for posting that. I was wondering the other day if they would ever release another issue.

Kevin

The new web-based TAS comic has been released. This one was written by Russell Bates, who wrote the TAS episode "How Sharper Than a Serpents Tooth." If you haven't checked this site out, then you really don't know what you've been missing. They've done some great TAS comics and it is a veritable mountain of TAS related info. So check it out here! :)

http://startrekanimated.com/tas_comic08_main.html

I would like to know if Russell Bates and the publisher, has given permission for that to published on that site, I don't see any copyright info on this.

This was in the "New Voyages" written in the 70's, I think. :confused:

I know that Bates at least adapted the story directly for this comic, so his permission was definately given. I'm not sure if it was previously published in those 70s collections. I'll look into it though.

I know that Bates at least adapted the story directly for this comic, so his permission was definately given. I'm not sure if it was previously published in those 70s collections. I'll look into it though.

Thanks.

thanks Lt Arex

do you know when the comic is comming out so i can buy it, i have a few of the older comics form the origonal series, i would like to have more comics to my collection.

it is in one of those 70s colections, pretty mcuh word for word with what you see there. I'll take a look tomorow to see exactly what book.

it is in one of those 70s colections, pretty mcuh word for word with what you see there. I'll take a look tomorow to see exactly what book.

I thought it was, let me know Capt Jeff what you find out, please. :thumbsup2:

new voyages 2, under the title "THE PATENT PARISITES" By Russel Bates. the story, oh irony, is written in script form. it needed no adapting for lines to work... just drawing.

Ah well, it's still a good story.

Yeah,you guys are right. It was written in that other book. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you all on this. Been really busy. I do know that the author gave them permission to turn it into that comic though. :)

Thanks for the link. A wonderful page. I've screened it and added to my favourites. I'll contact the webmaster soon for link exchange and of course I want to watch his site!

Guest Kail Tescar

Hey folks. I am the webmaster at Startrekanimated.com. Russell Bates actually contacted me about when would his episode be featured and stayed in contact. When I started the comics I asked if he'd like to write one, and he suggested using the Patient Parasites. Glad you enjoyed the comic and have returned to check out the later issues.

Sign in to follow this