Sign in to follow this  
Dillkid

Who Are Your Top 3 Favourite DS9 Main Charcters?

Only three??

Ouch.

I'd have to do like NAP83 did; categorize:

Main cast: Quark, Sisko and Kira. And all the rest.... * runs and hides * :P

Secondary cast: Garak, Dukat and Leeta (and I freely admit that the last one is only because Chase Masterson is such a doll).

Only three??

Ouch.

Secondary cast: Garak, Dukat and Leeta (and I freely admit that the last one is only because Chase Masterson is such a doll).

ahaha yeah, it's hard to pick only three but for me picking three recurring characters was harder than picking three main characters, does that make sense? :S. I didn't even mention my beloved Martok :(

Only three??

Ouch.

ahaha yeah, it's hard to pick only three but for me picking three recurring characters was harder than picking three main characters, does that make sense? :S. I didn't even mention my beloved Martok :(

This is almost an impossibly difficult thread concept (kudos to Dillkid).

Picking ONLY three favorite DS9 characters is like deciding which one of your fingers you don't really need so much...

And yes, I agree with NAP83; the secondary cast are so compelling they should have their own separate show. Maybe call it "Deep Space Nine: After Hours." :thumbup:

benbess   

This is a very tough question. Like many others here, I can't really keep it to three.

But, for the crew on DS9 I guess I'd say:

1. Kira

2. Sisko

3. Quark

4. Odo

But with honorable mention to Garak.

In terms of the adversaries, I'd say

1. Weyoun

2. Gul Dukat

3. Kai Winn

4. Female Changling

With honorable mention to Damar

I know, I know, I didn't follow the rules. I have too many favorites....Over time, I've come to really like DS9.

Sim   

This is almost an impossibly difficult thread concept (kudos to Dillkid).

Picking ONLY three favorite DS9 characters is like deciding which one of your fingers you don't really need so much...

LOL, exactly!

The fact Garak isn't a regular makes this a tiny bit easier... so I pick Bashir, O'Brien, Quark, Odo.

I know that's four. But I can't help it. Alone, either of them is much less interesting than their dynamics are when they're together.

I just love the Julian/Miles bromance. And the Quark/Odo dialogues are just hilarious most of the time.

maneth   

Odo

Jadzia Dax

O'Brien

I like Bashir too, but not at all early in the first season, when he's slavering after Jadzia. Such a puppy, but he matures very nicely.

I've changed my mind somewhat:

1) Jadzia/Ezri Dax (to me they're two aspects of the same character)

2) Bashir (when he matures a bit)

3) Sisko

Recurring:

1) Garak

2) Dukat

3) Damar, especially after he quits drinking kanar and turns into a rebel

kc1966   

1. Miles O'Brien

2. Benjamin Sisko

3. Kira Nerys

As for secondary characters

1. Martok

2. Damar

3. Garak

This is the problem for me with choosing favorite DS9 characters; it changes with whatever episode I'm enjoying.

DS9 has such a rich ensemble of primary and secondary characters that it's a bit like asking me which was my favorite gulp of air to breathe.  They're all good.  Somedays it's Garak, others it's Bashir, others it's Dax, yet others it's Odo... I really can't just pick one, or three.  

This is an easy exercise with the other ST series but not DS9; it is by far the richest cast of characters in the ST canon. 

Edited by Sehlat Vie

Oh boy... I can't say. I'm not even gonna try, it deppends on the episode.

But normally, the episodes i most enjoy are: Odo / Bashir / Garak but please, don't try to make me categorize in best / worse... :giggle:

And of course, make room for Ezri... :P

Edited by Garak the spy

I'd have to agree with the others here, it's virtually impossible to ranks DS9's characters because they're all so good. I suppose if I had to pick, Jadzia Dax is a perennial favorite of mine (sorry Garak the spy). I loved her sense of humor. Also, Terry Farrell is pretty hot, which never hurts. Garak is obviously a good choice. Such a well-written character, and Andrew Robinson always delivers. Odo... Quark... the entirety of the remaining cast. 

Locutus   

I had never really thought about top three:

Kira

Dax

Sisko

DS9 had the best female characters.  Jadzia's trill background made her a dynamic character. I enjoyed the wise beyond her years interactions with Sisko, and how he refers to her as "Old Man."  Kira's resistance background was also interesting.  She was good in command too!  Garak was awesome also.

Edited by Locutus

I'd have to agree with the others here, it's virtually impossible to ranks DS9's characters because they're all so good. I suppose if I had to pick, Jadzia Dax is a perennial favorite of mine (sorry Garak the spy). I loved her sense of humor. Also, Terry Farrell is pretty hot, which never hurts. Garak is obviously a good choice. Such a well-written character, and Andrew Robinson always delivers. Odo... Quark... the entirety of the remaining cast. 

No worries. I don't mind people liking characters differently than i do. That's actually a good thing, i think. I only get sad and mad when people say they HATE Ezri. 

Edited by Garak the spy

Sim   

Another approach:

Not my favorite three characters, but my favorite three *pairings*! :)

That would be:

Bashir/Garak

Bashir/O'Brien

Quark/Odo

IMO, ranking the pairings makes more sense in case of DS9, than ranking individual characters.

Never replied to this thread precisely because I find it so difficult to pick a favorite three. I like Sim's "pairing" idea though. DS9 - pick your fave members of the village! 

My favourite leads:

1. Odo

2. Jadzia

3. Bashir

Bonus: Kira

My favourite recurring characters:

1. Garak

2. Kai Winn

3. Cassidy Yates

Bonus: Kai Opaka was really cool but we saw her so rarely!

My favourite pairings:

1. Sisko / Dukat

2. Quark / Odo

3. Ezri / Worf

Bonus: Jadzia / Dax