Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Rate this ship: Enterprise NX-01

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Akiraprise comparisons aside, I liked it. It was the top notch tech for it's time and it had a fair few refits and upgrades along the way. 9

Ten. Obviously.

All that nonsense about the Akiraprise is just that: nonsense. This starship is beautiful from any angle, and perhaps the most realistic we've ever seen. Interior design based on modern-day submarines, technology you can see working, the most awesome launchbay for the shuttlepods, the collapsing phase cannons... yum.

I will always adore her.

Hate it hate it hate it hate it Hate it hate it hate it hate it Hate it hate it hate it hate it

:narn: :narn: :narn: :narn: :narn: :narn: :narn: :narn:

If only they made it look vaguely like it belonged in the 2100's instead of the 2300's ....

I'm never too sure about it. From some angles, in some shots it looks quite attractive but then in others it doesn't seem right. More annoying when I write it and I'm picturing a different ship. Thus the 7. It'd be an 8 later.

She is a very nice looking ship, so she gets ten for aesthetics and functionality. Except the warp coil.

However, I have to knock her down for the blatant plagiarism of the Akira class. So she gets an eight.

She is a very nice looking ship, so she gets ten for aesthetics and functionality. Except the warp coil.

However, I have to knock her down for the blatant plagiarism of the Akira class. So she gets an eight.

My thoughts exactly. Once you look past that similarity, she does look graceful for her time. 8

Ten. Obviously.

All that nonsense about the Akiraprise is just that: nonsense. This starship is beautiful from any angle, and perhaps the most realistic we've ever seen. Interior design based on modern-day submarines, technology you can see working, the most awesome launchbay for the shuttlepods, the collapsing phase cannons... yum.

I will always adore her.

I agree - very realistic - the interiors especially.The submarine aspect to it especially effective at setting the scene of being on a starship out in space. A lot fo the design is very well done and they went for certain compromises in the design but it looks good and in action buts up a good fight and looks like it can take a punch.

That said, sometimes the angles do show a funny looking aspect to the ship. It looks odd or not as nice. Sometimes it looks like a weird frisbee and flat. But at other times it looks awesome. So for a mixed bag look I'd give it a 7 for the outside of the ship but for the interior I'd give it a ten.

After the other day I'd think my rating would jump to a 9 were we to include the NX-01 refit.

Ding and dong.

Good looking, very advanced for its time, but it can't stand up to much phaser fire without exploding. Hull plating is just a sick joke. :P

I know I flew off the handle ages ago and said how much I hated this ship, I thought I'd clear things up a little. I've no issue with the ship interiors, they're not all that far away from what we see in every day life. Technology such as hull plating grappling hooks are imaginative as these are the precursors to the shields and tractor beams we see and take for granted in later series, and I like this.

I'm was and still am pissed with the fact that they made the exterior of the ship look well out of keeping with ships that we see a century on from here, as well as the fact they've basically upended an Akira to get this shape in the first place.

Oh well, it looks better than what I saw at the Cinema last year.

Timeline wise it maybe doesn't fit as well in canon design. I think something about the design does fit - more compact and different hull configuration from what we were used to. That said, I guess the age of big screen tellys meant they had to make it look very cool and so what you object to Starfire is true. The refit design in the Ships of the Line Calendar I'm still on the fence about. Not just sure about it yet though like the idea of trying to make it fit with canon design growing more towards the Constitution.

But the designers themselves have said that it was essentially an upended Akira. That the design in fact would have been even closer to an Akira had the studio bosses gotten their way and they hadn't made the differences they did. So the Akiraprise tag isn't just about the similarity it is about the fact the networks wanted something familiar from the TNG/DS9 days. That sucks because considering some of the work the designers did do we could have had an awesomely different design to drool over.

It gets a 6 from me. It gets on my nerves a bit how it looks more modern than Kirk's ship (The refit included) and the the A. It's not terrible or anything, other than that it's alright I suppose.

5. She looks far too advanced and graceful to be a century before the Constitution class. They should have gone with a Daedalus class derivative or something. That secondary hull they were going to add if the series continued would have made it jive even less with the tech evolution of the star trek universe imo.

Sign in to follow this