Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Rate this Class Ship: Prometheus Class

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

I loved this class of ship. After the Defiant, it was reflective that they were making more tactical-capable starships to meet the threat of dangerous alien races.

But of course...it was no where to be found on DS9. They couldn't pop this up in ONE background shot? Ugh.

I loved this class of ship. After the Defiant, it was reflective that they were making more tactical-capable starships to meet the threat of dangerous alien races.

But of course...it was no where to be found on DS9. They couldn't pop this up in ONE background shot? Ugh.

Well did you ever notice we didn't see any Sovereign Class ships or for that matter any other Defiant Class ships... I get why...They Didn't want to confuse the audience... but also it stands to reason starfleet does not have too many of these ships so it make sense to spread out the resources

Well did you ever notice we didn't see any Sovereign Class ships or for that matter any other Defiant Class ships... I get why...They Didn't want to confuse the audience... but also it stands to reason starfleet does not have too many of these ships so it make sense to spread out the resources

Confuse the audience?

Can you explain why I, as a t.v. viewer, would get "confused" at seeing a Prometheus-class, Sovereign-class, or any other class in DS9?

Confuse the audience?

Can you explain why I, as a t.v. viewer, would get "confused" at seeing a Prometheus-class, Sovereign-class, or any other class in DS9?

Okay think about the big fleet shots... There was never another Defiant class ship shown because the audience would be like which one is "The" Defiant... Also we never an Intrepid-class in a fleet shot because the audience might think... How did the Voyager get here to join the action with the Dominion... or a Soverign-Class... Whats the Enterprise doing here...

Prometheus-class may be a different story... no confusing the audience there... but how may Prometheus's were there... by the time of message in a bottle it was late in the war the Prometheus had an NX registry that means a prototype there may have been more on the building ways at Utopia Planita but they probably came on line too late for most of the war...

Confuse the audience?

Okay think about the big fleet shots... There was never another Defiant class ship shown because the audience would be like which one is "The" Defiant... Also we never an Intrepid-class in a fleet shot because the audience might think... How did the Voyager get here to join the action with the Dominion... or a Soverign-Class... Whats the Enterprise doing here...

Prometheus-class may be a different story... no confusing the audience there... but how may Prometheus's were there... by the time of message in a bottle it was late in the war the Prometheus had an NX registry that means a prototype there may have been more on the building ways at Utopia Planita but they probably came on line too late for most of the war...

I understand what you're saying and I am not venting at you. Like I see what you mean, but I feel the studios have a similar point of view and to me it is insulting. The studios are implying that I, as a viewer, is so stupid that I'd be "confused" if I saw ships from the other shows crossing over. When the Bellerophon was used in an episode of DS9, my thoughts weren't "how the hell did Bashir get onboard Voyager!?" When two Defiant-class ships fought off Romulans to get the Prometheus back, my thought wasn't "are one of those the Defiant!?"

Trek, long before DS9 or VOY, already established that Starfleet makes multiple versions of each class of ship. I would not get confused if I saw an Intrepid-class starship in the background of one of the major fleet battles. I would understand it was just another one of those class of ships.

Sorry if it seemed like I was venting towards you, it's just that when the studios act like we're so dumb that we'd get confused, it bothers me.

No worries... and you bring up a good point... I thought that too... infact during message in a bottle I was pausing the VHS recording to see if I could make out the names on the Defiant Class ships wondering if one of them was the defiant

No worries... and you bring up a good point... I thought that too... infact during message in a bottle I was pausing the VHS recording to see if I could make out the names on the Defiant Class ships wondering if one of them was the defiant

I checked on Memory Alpha to see if I can find the names for you. Unfortunately, they're two unnamed Defiant-type ships.

But the reason I say it's a shame the Prometheus never crossed over to DS9 is a ship of that capability would have been a boon to Starfleet in retaking Cardassia.

Sign in to follow this