Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Rate this Class Ship: Prometheus Class

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Next up is the last class ship that we have seen only twice on Star Trek: Voyager:

Prometheus.jpg

How would you rate this 4 nacelled ship and also split in 3?

Edited by JayTheTrekkie

Ten again. (Are we sensing a theme here?) She carries her four nacelles well, and her stocky secondary hull actually suits her for them. I also like the cute little nacelles that pop out on the saucer when she separates :happy:

Impressive ship with the extra nacelles on the top section (something I once added to a Galaxy-class saucer in a story only for it used in New Frontier#12)...anyway, impressive. Shame it wasn't seen in a DS9 episode during the war.

Not exactly my cup of tea... gets a 5. I dunno. I just don't find it to be THAT aesthetically pleasing. ;)

and most of that is for the ability to split into three sections, each warp capable...

otherwise a bit of a gimmick like much of the stuff in later Voyager.

Edited by DaxFanDS9

Seven.

Loved the concept, loved the episode, but when she's all put together she's a tad... I don't know... aggressive.

Again, I have a problem with Starfleet warships, too.

A 10, i really like this ship,it something had i wouldnt think we would ever see on trek. The Multi-vector assult mode was a excellent idea,how many prometheus class starships are there?.

She's one mean ship all right, so much so the Romulans risked a war to steal her.

Not surprising given how her MVAM easliy turned a Romulan Warbird inside out.

Imagine how destructive she cold be if she was manned by more than a pair of EMH's?

I know Starfleet isn't meant to be warship oriented, but some times a good deterrant is what you nedd to prevent a war.

And this is it.

And she has 4 nacelles :inlove:

9 from me :thumbsup2:

FOUR.

I dunno...I always thought it was a cheesy, unnecessary concept. It makes me think of the DVD/VCR or VCR/TV combos...

I give this a ten. I mean it has four nacells, and as if it couldn't get any cooler, it splits into seperate ships. To top it all off, it manages to be mean and aesthetically pleasing at the same time. It can't get better than that.

Prometheus_class,_aft.jpg

Guess I'm the only naysayer on this one. Not overly fond of it. It looks like the Stargazer and Voyager's ugly love child....

Nope, you're not the only one, I still don't like it very much either. ;)

I remember the episode (with the dueling EMH's and the Romulans) but I just thought this ship wasn't so great.

I appreciated the whole dual-attack mode or whatever it was, but didn't we already see that in "Best of Both Worlds" with the Enterprise?

Sssh, the Voyager writers do NOT want you to remember any of the series that came before Voyager... otherwise you'd notice that they stole about 99% of their plots from them! ;)

I like the idea of the sperating galaxy class idea evolved and a computer coordinated, at warp attack... again showing a little sophistication added to an old idea... and the combat potential of the ship seems great but I suspect after the Dominion War and with no immediate Borg threat this ship probably went to the mothball fleet after the war

Sssh, the Voyager writers do NOT want you to remember any of the series that came before Voyager... otherwise you'd notice that they stole about 99% of their plots from them! ;)

lol.gif Ooops...

I like the idea of the sperating galaxy class idea evolved and a computer coordinated, at warp attack... again showing a little sophistication added to an old idea... and the combat potential of the ship seems great but I suspect after the Dominion War and with no immediate Borg threat this ship probably went to the mothball fleet after the war

Parked right next to the Edsel.... :P

1958_edsel_ranger-pic-2823403151480417095.jpeg

Sign in to follow this