Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Chrysalis

Episode Name: Crysalis

Episode Number: 5

Production Number: 555

Season: 7

Directed by: Jonathan West

Summary: The group of genetically enhanced humans escape from their medical facility home in the hopes that Bashir can cure their friend Sarina. Her enhancements left her in a catatonic state, and Bashir attempts an untried procedure on her brain that initially appears to have no effect. However, a few days later, Sarina speaks for the first time.

I liked Sarina and her story about being cured of her impairment, but I was really angry at Bashir. How unprofessional can you be?

Also, the security that fell for 'That's a stupid question' should be demoted. I give it a 6.

I liked Sarina and her story about being cured of her impairment, but I was really angry at Bashir. How unprofessional can you be?

B-b-but, she made him breakfast! :P

Sarina features prominently as Bashir's girlfriend in the Typhon Pact/Fall/Section 31 novel series timeline. I liked Faith Salie's performance as Sarina. Bashir pushes things too quickly here though. I do find their arrival implausible, but it was played off for comedic effect. With the trio's fascination with the Big Crunch in one trillion years, I kind of wonder how Bashir got wrapped up in their projections in an earlier episode.

7/10

For a bunch of geniuses in the 24th century, I would have expected them to know that the Big Crunch is most likely not going to happen, and that the fate of the universe is probably the exact opposite. Unless they know something I don't. Which is possible, I guess. I'm not the genius after all.

Sign in to follow this