Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Take Me Out To The Holosuite

Personally I think the klingons would be better at football (American Football that is!)

*envisions Worf tackling a poor Quarterback*

Oh, I can easily imagine a Klingon football team beating the crap out of the other team, and singing "yIjah, Qey' 'oH!" with the frenzied crowds after a landslide victory.

"You make sure they remember FOREVER the night they played the Klingons!!!"

Worf did play football as a child, until in his exuberance went for a header, clashed heads with some poor boy and accidentally killed him :(

I like that the Vulcan acted un-Vulcan like. I find it hard to believe that everyone on a planet behaves in the same manner.

As far as the episode goes, I'm not a fan of baseball, so I didn't enjoy it that much.

I like that the Vulcan acted un-Vulcan like. I find it hard to believe that everyone on a planet behaves in the same manner.

I agree, I think its right to see Vulcans who have not quite mastered their emotions as proficiently as the norm.

8,This epsiode gave us something differnt,the vulcans taking on the niners in a baseball game,the ending was good,they ended up losing to the vulcans they still celebrated the lose with some laughs.

I love this episode! It's what inspired one of my TNG fanfics! :D

Worf did play football as a child, until in his exuberance went for a header, clashed heads with some poor boy and accidentally killed him :(

That was soccer... :P

Edited by ProudNerd

It's football in Britain.

It's football in Britain.

But they were talking about American football earlier.

I was talking about American football too, but futbol can be brutal too.

Yeah, except in the higher leagues where a simple touch causes some of these overpaid idiots to dive all over the place and claim they've broken a toenail... :rolleyes:

I think/hope it's different in places like Italy and Brazil, but UK footballers are NOT tough in any way at higher levels, but prima donnas (Just look at David Beckham, classic example).

I think in the UK the ones that aren't primadonnas tend to play Rugby, which like American Football IS a sport for tough guys (one of the reasons I prefer NFL over our own Premier League). Personally I do think that would be something Worf would have been far better suited to.

I was talking about American football too, but futbol can be brutal too.

Yeah, except in the higher leagues where a simple touch causes some of these overpaid idiots to dive all over the place and claim they've broken a toenail... :rolleyes:

I think/hope it's different in places like Italy and Brazil, but UK footballers are NOT tough in any way at higher levels, but prima donnas (Just look at David Beckham, classic example).

I think in the UK the ones that aren't primadonnas tend to play Rugby, which like American Football IS a sport for tough guys (one of the reasons I prefer NFL over our own Premier League). Personally I do think that would be something Worf would have been far better suited to.

Wouldn't have to really imagine Worf playing that. Remember the bone crunching rugby tackle/charge he made on Roga Danar in The Hunted?

Indeed, and then there was that Ambassador who was there to antagonise him and ended up getting Chokeslammed :P

Yeh cause using fake blood capsules to get out of a match is something tough guys routinely do... :rolleyes:

I'm going to refrain from making my usual comment about what I think of all footballers and rugby players. :laugh:Bunch of queens that they are. :angel_not:

Personally I think the klingons would be better at football (American Football that is!)

*envisions Worf tackling a poor Quarterback*

Oh, I can easily imagine a Klingon football team beating the crap out of the other team, and singing "yIjah, Qey' 'oH!" with the frenzied crowds after a landslide victory.

"You make sure they remember FOREVER the night they played the Klingons!!!"

What position would Worf play best at?

This episode is my Favorite Episodes ever! :D I think it be awsome to see them played foot ball lol The Holosuite Zone! or something like that lol

I really loved this episode. I watched it three times in a row on the same day. It was really funny how clumsy they were at playing baseball and it was good they didn't win 'cause they couldn't win! that was almost impossible. I would have been really disappointed if they'd learnt so fast that they'd won.

I give it a 9.

After dealing with the death of a main character and with the war developments of the season opener, I can see why they wanted to take a breather and do a light episode like this. That said, it's a bit strange though to see Sisko spending all this time teaching the game to his senior staff in briefings while a major galactic war is going on.

Also, I agree with other poster's comments about the Vulcans in this episode, they seem out of character and more like ENT-era Vulcans in their attitudes toward Humans. 

This episode begins to veer into clunker territory, but it does redeem itself with some character building; Rom and Ben, Ezri gets to have fun hanging with Dax's friends after the drama in the previous episode with Worf, Kassidy gains some acceptance from Ben's co-workers, Ben trusts that Odo can be impartial. 

6/10

We don't really know how much time was spent on Sisko teaching them the game. For all we know, after war briefings, the senior staff volunteer to stay an hour or so later to learn about this weird ancient human sport?

We don't really know how much time was spent on Sisko teaching them the game. For all we know, after war briefings, the senior staff volunteer to stay an hour or so later to learn about this weird ancient human sport?

A friend of mine who's a veteran (Afghanistan) tells me that most of war (for him, anyway) is waiting and menial duties.   I'm assuming that since the DS9 crew weren't always on the front line (save for the Defiant) they had time to learn the game (?).  Even people in war zones take time out for an occasional game of soccer or baseball (sometimes with the locals).  It's not unheard of...

A friend of mine who's a veteran (Afghanistan) tells me that most of war (for him, anyway) is waiting and menial duties.   I'm assuming that since the DS9 crew weren't always on the front line (save for the Defiant) they had time to learn the game (?).  Even people in war zones take time out for an occasional game of soccer or baseball (sometimes with the locals).  It's not unheard of...

Yes, but I picture DS9 as a HQ for defense for that local sector, especially given Bajor's proximity to Cardassia (Ben and Jake did the trip in a wooden solar sail ship). I don't see DS9 as a quiet repair depot well away from the front which would have a two week break in the action like this. Perhaps the momentum is on their side and that's why their sector is quiet? If there is anything going on, they go two weeks without talking about it, which is a bit odd.

Sign in to follow this