Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Take Me Out To The Holosuite

Episode Name: Take Me Out To The Holosuite

Episode Number: 4

Production Number: 554

Season: 7

Directed by: Chip Chalmers

Summary: Vulcan Captain Solok challenges former classmate and longtime rival Sisko to a baseball game on the Holosuite. With only two weeks to whip his team into shape, Captain Benjamin Sisko vows he's going to beat Solok - even though Jake is the only other person residing on the station who has ever played baseball.

For someone who is so quick to point out that Vulcans are superior to humans, Solok's behavior throughout this episode is most decidedly un-Vulcan.

--Captain Sisko

Indeed. I still loved it though. Even though the episode wasn't really about anything - the entire 43 mins was consumed by a baseball game - it really kept me entertained. Gets an 8.

Its been a while since I've seen it, but I thought it was a fun episode. Sometimes you need to deviate away from the norm.

Worth watching even if it was just for Worf's attempts to get into the spirit of the game and how the crew thoroughly ganged up and Pwned Solok in Quark's after the match :devil:

it's definitely an enjoyable one and a break from the war (though you could nitpick and wonder how they can have the time to do this during a war). I half-wished Fontaine was in it even as a coach in the same vein as Coach from Cheers. Probably just as well he wasn't. Worf's lines are humourous if not hilarious. Sisko's bit where he describes to Kassidy about his feud with Solok was funny too just how he sounds. Poor Rom...

This episode would have been ruined if Vic was in it.

Admittedly, I was waiting for this. ;)

Edited by Mackenzie Calhoun

Many people already consider the episode a failure for many other reasons:

1. The Vulcan in this episde acting VERY un-Vulcan-like.

2. Who would put the war on hold for a baseball game? They act like they have not one care in the world about anything.

As for Vic...this whole episode was meant to be stupid/silly and a change of pace from the whole Dominion war thing. I don't think it would have hurt anything had he been a referee or whatever. It might have just made it all the more silly/fun.

Maybe not having Vic in the episode was, if it was ever considered, was down to have almost all the characters employed in some way. The only time I've seen Jimmy Darren do baseball was a TJ Hooker 4th season episode...well, take your pick what was silliest :)

This episode would have been ruined if Vic was in it.

Admittedly, I was waiting for this. ;)

Lol,glad I could fulfil your expectations.

Wow, am I the only one who doesn't like this episode? :P

An episode of Star Trek... about baseball. :dontgetit: I can hardly think of a worse way to spend forty two minutes. The camaraderie between the actors/characters is nice but... come on. And then on top of that you have a smarmy Vulcan who thinks that he's better than Humans and every other race because... well, there's no real reason. I think the pointy ears went to his head.

Seems to me that by having an episode about baseball DS9 tried to do what Voyager did with Seven of Nine's baseballs... I mean, beach balls. Hmm, that sounded better in my head. Ratings is all it was about, is what I mean. :P

Edited by GenesisDevice

And then on top of that you have a smarmy Vulcan who thinks that he's better than Humans and every other race because... well, there's no real reason. I think the pointy ears went to his head.

With his attitude, he was probably a closet Romulan. lol

And then on top of that you have a smarmy Vulcan who thinks that he's better than Humans and every other race because... well, there's no real reason. I think the pointy ears went to his head.

With his attitude, he was probably a closet Romulan. lol

Deep sleeper agent perhaps?

wouldn't be the first time the Romulans have impersonated a Vulcan! :giggle:

Personally I think the klingons would be better at football (American Football that is!)

*envisions Worf tackling a poor Quarterback*

Personally I think the klingons would be better at football (American Football that is!)

*envisions Worf tackling a poor Quarterback*

Oh, I can easily imagine a Klingon football team beating the crap out of the other team, and singing "yIjah, Qey' 'oH!" with the frenzied crowds after a landslide victory.

"You make sure they remember FOREVER the night they played the Klingons!!!"

Guest jadzia_dax2370

hey fellow niners biggrin.gif

i give it a 9

love the bit when dax does a flip and catches the ball.

best line in the episode has to go to Worfinlove.gif

"we will destroy them"

and leeta

" shows how much you know about it, you dont kick the ball, do you?"

Many people already consider the episode a failure for many other reasons:

1. The Vulcan in this episde acting VERY un-Vulcan-like.

2. Who would put the war on hold for a baseball game? They act like they have not one care in the world about anything.

As for Vic...this whole episode was meant to be stupid/silly and a change of pace from the whole Dominion war thing. I don't think it would have hurt anything had he been a referee or whatever. It might have just made it all the more silly/fun.

The T'Kumbra was undertaking repairs. After spending six months on the frontlines, even two weeks in DS9 is more than welcome.

Wow, am I the only one who doesn't like this episode? :P

An episode of Star Trek... about baseball. :dontgetit: I can hardly think of a worse way to spend forty two minutes. The camaraderie between the actors/characters is nice but... come on. And then on top of that you have a smarmy Vulcan who thinks that he's better than Humans and every other race because... well, there's no real reason. I think the pointy ears went to his head.

Seems to me that by having an episode about baseball DS9 tried to do what Voyager did with Seven of Nine's baseballs... I mean, beach balls. Hmm, that sounded better in my head. Ratings is all it was about, is what I mean. :P

And why would Sisko request not to have an holographic crowd? (leaving Nog and later Benjamin as the only people in the audience)

Imagine two back-to-back fanfiction episodes about ice hockey now...

He said it was because his team hadn't played in front of a crowd before. And it was Rom in the stands, not Nog.wink.gif

And in regards to what I had previously said: I said those were WHY the episode gets a negative rep. I did NOT say those were my thoughts.

As for the Vulcan ship undergoing repairs, that captain was still extremely un-Vulcan like. I may go look this episode up again later and give it a rewatch.

Sign in to follow this