Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Time's Orphan

Episode Name: Time's Orphan

Episode Number: 24

Production Number: 548

Season: 6

Directed by: Allan Kroeker

Summary: During a family picnic, Molly falls into a vortex of swirling energy. O'Brien determines Molly slipped through a time portal that sent her back 300 years, to a time when the planet was uninhabited. They reactivate the portal but when Molly materializes, she is an eighteen-year-old woman.

Not a favorite episode but it was a really good one....this was Molly's first and only focused episode.

Edited by JayTheTrekkie

I didn't care for this episode. I think I stopped watching it halfway through when they used to air DS9 on Spike TV. I later skipped it when I was going through the series...LOL

Edited by Mishi

It was strange to focus on such a minor recurring character (especially when that character was a child) but I think it worked. It was a stand alone that gave a break from all the Dominion stuff and I think the actor who played older Molly was very good. Gets an 8.

Some Klingon warrior must have put one nasty pox on the House of O'Brien. If the Chief isn't on Cardassian death row or doing a 20 year prison sentence in his mind, his wife is being possessed by a Pah-Wraith and his daughter is thrown back in time only to come back as Jane of the Jungle and then put under the threat of institutionalization.

Overall, it was a very good episode with a nice ending.

Edited by Dervish

Guest jadzia_dax2370

Episode Name: Time's Orphan

Episode Number: 24

Production Number: 548

Season: 6

Directed by: Allan Kroeker

Summary: During a family picnic, Molly falls into a vortex of swirling energy. O'Brien determines Molly slipped through a time portal that sent her back 300 years, to a time when the planet was uninhabited. They reactivate the portal but when Molly materializes, she is an eighteen-year-old woman.

hi all

i liked the episode

the scenes with dax and worf were soooo sweet, little did we know thumbdown.gif

I just don't picture Worf as leaping at the chance to babysit an infant, so his story is a somewhat amusing. Molly is one tough kid to survive 10 years alone, starting as a 5 year old. Too bad we don't get to see how she managed that, what she ate, how she defended herself etc. The O'Brien's plan to send her back 300 years seems cold. She gets to cease to exist 'Back to the Future part 1' style. So, in the end, there was no growth for the Molly character because prime Molly returns before experiencing this timeline.

5/10

Sign in to follow this