Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

Wrongs Darker than Death or Night

Episode Name: Wrongs Darker than Death or Night

Episode Number: 17

Production Number: 541

Season: 6

Directed by: Jonathan West

Summary: On her late mother's birthday, Kira receives a transmission from Gul Dukat telling her that her mother was actually his lover. Consulting the Orb of Time, Kira finds herself in the past, at a refugee center where she comes face to face with her long-lost family, who does not realize her true identity.

I give it a 10 because it showed how Dukat acquired his comfort women, and it was a good Dukat/Kira episode. I liked how Kira had to face what really happened with her mother, and I liked how interesting Dukat was in it.

Sisko asked at the beginning of the episode whether she would change the timeline; Kira simply said the Prophets would guide her and allow what is allowed to happen, etc. But that doesn't answer the question. Did it mean that Kira really did change events and was in the past, or was it just a spiritual vision to the past where events weren't really changed.

Also, when she goes to save Meru from the bomb, why did she bother to save Dukat as well?

Overall I give the episode a 7.

Good episode. Great to see Kira react to finding out about her mother. Cardassians must be really long-lived, Dukat looked exactly the same 30 or so years earlier...

I didn't care at all for this episode, mostly because I'm not much into Bajorans anyway, and I'm not exactly interested in Kira's mother's love life... I dunno, it's just nothing that really manages to hold my interest.

Seeing Gul Dukat is always nice, though, I gotta admit that. ;)

10- shows us some good character dev. and backstory.

As for Kira saving Dukat as well as her mother from the bomb- why wouldn't she? Morally she's obligated to since she set the bomb and then changed her mind! lol

But she only changed her mind about allowing her mother to die because of the message Meru got from Kira's father. It had nothing to do with her morality with killing Dukat.

I imagine saving one person while deliberately ignoring another would be a moral abuse of her experience with the oracle. (can't remember the correct name). "Playing God" is what it would be called and we all know that Kira tried to be as devout a believer in the prophets etc. as much as her life would allow.

Nice episode.

I find it strange that Dukat knew that Meru was Nerys' mother and decides to reveal his "relationship" to Nerys in the middle of the night on the latter's birthday after so many years of knowing the former? I guess it testifies to the fact how deranged Dukat was.

Edited by Dervish

Watched the episode last night, great episode, Kira finds out her mother is a collaborator. Must say if there is a charachter which has grown over the course of 7 years it's Kira, [and bashir also of course] :Bajoran:

I seem to remember that people behind the show originally wanted Dukat to have an affair with Kira, but Nana Visitor objected, so they decided to go with a relationship between Dukat and Kira's mother instead. I think it might be a detail revealed in one of the DVD extras, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know about it? Either way, I can certainly understand why Visitor would object to such an idea. It doesn't seem to fit Kira's character, and it's frankly gross too.

Edited by Explorer3

2 hours ago, Explorer3 said:

I seem to remember that people behind the show originally wanted Dukat to have an affair with Kira, but Nana Visitor objected, so they decided to go with a relationship between Dukat and Kira's mother instead. I think it might be a detail revealed in one of the DVD extras, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know about it? Either way, I can certainly understand why Visitor would object to such an idea. It doesn't seem to fit Kira's character, and it's frankly gross too.

It's essentially taking up with the head of the concentration camp where your family was gassed.

Yeah, no.

Edited by prometheus59650

Sign in to follow this