Sign in to follow this  
JayTheTrekkie

The Begotten

Episode Name: The Begotten

Episode Number: 12

Production Number: 510

Season: 5

Directed by: Jesús Salvador Treviño

Summary: When Quark sells Odo an injured baby Changeling, he becomes determined to find a way to communicate with it. Unwanted help arrives in the form of Dr. Mora, the Bajoran scientist who studied Odo. Mora advocates the electrostatic techniques he used with Odo, while Odo is determined not to subject the Changeling to pain.

I think that it was a great way to make Odo a Changeling again. I loved the scene with Quark when Odo was drunk, and also at the beginning when Quark was bargaining the price. 8.

Haha yeah that first scene in which Quark bargains the price for the baby changeling was a good one indeed! I remember that one. :thumbsup2: Didn't really care much for the rest of the episode, but some of it was rather adorable, I have to admit that.

I liked seeing Odo back as a changeling, and being fatherly to the sick baby changeling.

An interesting episode with its share of moments. The slightly humourous with Shakaar and O'Brien being kicked out of the 'labour room' or O'Brien and that gong. Odo re-becoming a changeling was excellent.

Though to be honest it had a share of 'wasn't funny but I laughed' moments which is namely Odo when he talks to the 'blob' (sorry!) and is guiding it around the station. I wonder if Auberjonois ever said: "I feel a bit silly."

8 for this episode.

Though to be honest it had a share of 'wasn't funny but I laughed' moments which is namely Odo when he talks to the 'blob' (sorry!) and is guiding it around the station.

Particularly when Worf comes up to him and asks 'why are you speaking to your beverage?"

Particularly when Worf comes up to him and asks 'why are you speaking to your beverage?"

I liked that line!

I enjoyed this Odo-centric episode. I consider his transformation into a Tarkalean hawk to be one of the most triumphant moments in Star Trek history. :)

This was a heartwarming episode for Odo. I like how he reconciles with Dr. Mora, it shows that even he can forgive.

At least the silly Keiko-Kira pregnancy plot thread is resolved here, that thread was starting to get annoying. Definitely a good Odo episode though. What a touching montage of him pampering a bowl of Jello. 

Sign in to follow this