Sign in to follow this  
Voyager

The Lorelai Signal

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

The Lorelai Signal

TAS Season 1, Episode 4

WRITTEN BY

Margaret Armen

DIRECTED BY

Hal Sutherland

First Aired Sep 29, 1973

Stardate 5483.7

The male crewmembers of the Enterprise begin to act strangely whilst in the Taurean star system. During an away mission, Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy and Ensign Carver are captured by the Taurean women. Under their influence, the party begins to age rapidly. In command of the ship, Uhura must lead an all-female rescue team to save the landing party.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhrua takes comman :thumbsup2:

What I also like about this episode is that it is about the difference in the sexes, but there is no hint of any romance.

Gets an 8.

Had a pleasant surprise when I found this on Virgin's Catch Up service the other day. The plot was a bit silly, but that doesn't take away from how much I enjoyed watching uhura calling all the shots once she worked out what was going on.

Yes, it is a goofy episode (and very sexist, too) but it gets a 6 from me only because it was so cool to finally see Uhura take command. That was something that was not only welcome, but long overdue (would've been great if it happened in TOS or the movies; of course, it still can in a new ST movie someday...).

I just watched this and enjoyed it very much. Of course, I'm a woman. :D I'm also a big fan of Spock, so I especially enjoy the episodes where his logic or his ability to mind meld or his partial immunity to various sorts of crapola are instrumental in saving the day. So if it's Spock and the women running the ship, that really appeals to me.

I started watching the animated series at the behest of Sehlat Vie, and he's right -- TAS is Star Trek. That means that it's frequently cheesy, sometimes ridiculous, yet compelling and interesting nonetheless. ;)

I just watched this and enjoyed it very much. Of course, I'm a woman. :D I'm also a big fan of Spock, so I especially enjoy the episodes where his logic or his ability to mind meld or his partial immunity to various sorts of crapola are instrumental in saving the day. So if it's Spock and the women running the ship, that really appeals to me.

I started watching the animated series at the behest of Sehlat Vie, and he's right -- TAS is Star Trek. That means that it's frequently cheesy, sometimes ridiculous, yet compelling and interesting nonetheless. ;)

I just love seeing Uhura & Chapel kick ass and take names! :thumbup: This should've happened in TOS a LONG time ago.... ;)

Edited by Sehlat Vie

Sign in to follow this