Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Picard

Eye Of The Beholder

Episode name: "Eye Of The Beholder"

Season: 7

Director: Cliff Bole

Counselor Troi's investigation into the suicide of a crewman suggests a murder was committed aboard the Enterprise while it was being built, and that the murderer is still aboard. (Memory Alpha)

Ugh, this really isn't one of my favorites. That Pierce guy creeps me out... the only scene I really like is the one in which Jealous!Troi shoots Worf.

But really, the whole Worf/Troi thingy is absolutely bleh. I mean I dislike R/T, but W/T I dislike even more. I dunno. It just makes even less sense than R/T to me. *lol*

So, there isn't much to say about this episode for me... Jean-Luc doesn't appear that often, after all. :P

I'm not really one way or the other about this episode. I did find the W/T a bit annoying though - except for Troi shooting him of course FTW!

I like mysteries, so combining Trek with a murder mystery worked for me. I'm just glad Data didn't appear dressed as Sherlock!

I didn't like this one very much at all. I am also not a supporter of Worf/Troi together, so I just found the whole thing to be pretty annoying. 4 out of 10.

Not a great lover of this episode, either.

Troi seemed less new commander and more 'old Troi' from seasons 1 and 2. Less confident and more wishy-washy empath who has the reactions of a bad horror movie femme fatale. And what really strikes me as weird is the reaction (or LACK of reaction) of the dead guy's girlfriend. It's like the Enterprise D is populated by pod people, or Stepford Wives. And of course, it's all a dream/vision/illusion, etc....

In the worst types of ST, any time anything messy, or emotionally consequential happens? It's never real. It's dramatic cheating. Nothing good to say about this one (from me, anyway). :-/

I actually liked this.

Probably because I've always been interested of anything in the realm of telepathy and so on. Troi was significantly underused throughout TNG's run and it's nice to get an interesting episode about her every now and then.

I thought the Worf/Troi thing was interesting, and was generally handled well. It wasn't rushed completely out of the blue like the Seven/Chakotay thing. I doubt they would ever have lasted long as a couple, but it certainly was an interesting pairing.

It's one of those that you need to watch a couple of times to realise which bits are real and which aren't. I like getting to know a bit more about the history of the Enterprise and its construction, and Lt. Pierce was deliciously creepy!

There was also some nice exchanges between Geordie and Data in Engineering which I always like.

I have mixed feeling about this episode as well... the murder mystery was interesting IMO, but apart from that, many things bother me about this episode. Like others expressed before, I neither like the W/T thing. It just doesn't really work ... it makes perfect sense Jadzia, as she had been depicted before, is fond of Worf, but Troi? She never struck me as the kind of woman who's into the "strong man"/"macho type" who doesn't talk about his feelings. I might have bought it, had they given good reasons to explain Troi's sudden fondness of Worf (beyond her care for Alexander), but as it is, it comes a bit too much out of the blue for me. There's just no chemistry between them. On top of that, Troi behaves a bit annoyingly in this episode in general.

5/10

Edited by Sim

Sign in to follow this