Episode name: "Sub Rosa"

Season: 7

Director: Jonathan Frakes

Beverly attends her grandmother's funeral, but the mysterious entity that inhabited her grandmother is now focusing on her. (Memory Alpha)

I most certainly don't watch this utterly horrible episode... but feel free to discuss of course, as always! ^^

I wanna hear what Mrs P thinks of it :P :P :P :P :P

Nah it's not a great episode really, not bad but not great. Quite forgettable.

Zombie Grandma

Honestly all I remember about this. Crazy junk-honestly the TNG writers were like "how can we make Crusher have a love interest besides Picard? Oh, I know! We give her a weird ghost being that's nailed all her ancestors in the past!"

Dumb Ep.

This episode is just embarassing to watch. Ghosts and Star Trek? Not a great combination. Watching Crusher having an orgasm? No thanks.

Sorry, but this is actually one of my fave TNG episodes. :rolleyes:

I think cause I'm a big fan of Gothic romances like Wuthering Heights I just really liked it - yes it's daft but still..... lol.

If it were a gothic novel or something, I'd agree with you, but it's Star Trek and I just don't think the two gel well together.

90% through watching it now. Lame. :thumbdown:

Several times I looked at my husband as was like - 'Is this REALLY necessary? I'm trying to keep down my dinner!'

Definitely not an episode that I like, or that I'll bother watching again. Terrible.

Not really that good, no. The only thing that was useful was that they went into Bev's family history a bit. But I read that artical too, and yeah it is a little weird that it seemed ALL the woman in Beverly's fam had the last name Howard XD

There's a resemblance, but I don't think he could really be considered close enough in looks to be a Tellerite.

This episode makes Crusher seem even more like an idiot than usual. Some guy tells her that he's an 800 year old ghost that has been having an affair with her Grandmother, in addition to her other ancestors, and her immediate reaction is "sign me up"? Does she lack any logic or sense of skepticism? :vulcan:Then she quits Star Fleet, after all the years she's worked to become a commander. To make matters worse, it wasn't until a man died and the alien was zapping Geordi that she began to consider that there weren't such things as ghost and that maybe she shouldn't blindly follow him like a sheep. Crusher is pitiful indeed!

Actually, i found this episode interesting...technically...like how the hell did those systems not screw up from all that fog on the bridge. It was brilliant how the episode doesnt explain that and leave the viewer guessing how the systems are still operational. (note the sarcasm). I love how scotland (or was it ireland?)found a way to space...i find it hard to believe though they would use a Weather control satilite. I figure they be more traditional, i mean look at the building at the place for pete sake.

But honestly i have to admit i did get a real good laugh. I mean beverly is in middle of an orgasm and suddenly picard goes "Beverly". When i first saw the episode I vivdly remembering laughing and spewing up my moutain dew and getting choked from laughing at that. "ooh mmmm" "BEVERLY?" "AHHH!!!!JEAN LUC!!" "You alright?" - Instant hilarity.

It is rather amusing when Picard walks in!

And, I'm pretty sure you a right that it's Scotland they were trying to recreate. As for the weather control system, I'm guessing they would have preferred a less technological way around it, but those storms did look pretty bad. It might not be traditional, but I suppose they had to rule safety first.

Even I, the most ardent of supporters am wordless. Well, liked the hairstyle. Hmm..

Orgasms you say.

This isn't too bad, it's not as boring as the usual 2 Dimensional Crusher or Troi love interest episodes. Crusher's dead nan sitting up in the coffin I could have done without though, same with her disgusting sexual groaning. 6 out of 10.

This one is probably the worst episode in S7. I suppose if you're a hard-core B. Crusher fan, you'll enjoy the back-story for her character. Other than that, there is nothing else here. The episode made Beverly look ridiculous, especially the ghost-love scene. I'll watch almost any episode no matter how many times I've watched it (as long as nothing else is on), with a couple exceptions. I always skip this episode, and any episode with Troi's mother in it.

Oh my god. What a frakking awful episode. For some reason I've been talked into watching it and it's taking every ounce of strength to not turn it off.

A ghost was sticking it in Beverly's century old grandmother and now she wants in. What a load of utter shite. :P

"I boned your grandmother, and your great grandmother, and all the other women in your family." Is she actually turned on by that kind of talk?

Plus all the stereotypically "Scottish" crap throughout the episode could be kind of insulting.