Sign in to follow this  
Ael

A suggestion

Have you guys started coming to a decision? Just getting curious and anxious! :happy:

OK I've just created the forum, but read this first:

The idea of an RP forum has been proposed and some interest shown in it by the members here. Some of our moderators have had experience with other RP games, and found them to cause many problems. However, as we have a uniquely positive membership here, we feel our members can avoid all the pitfalls that befall other RPGs.

That being said, an RP forum will be a small part of our board - that is, The Omega Sector is not an RPG forum. So for RP at The Omega Sector, we want the RP-ing to be more casual. If you're looking for the full experience, we still suggest you seek out an actual Star Trek RPG website. So think fun, casual, shorter when you play.

We are not going to create many rules, or create extra workload for ourselves with this. If you want it, you have it, but it has to maintain the positive state we have at the board So basically, here are some basic rules, which I think make sense...

- Any references to characters must stay in the RP forum only. "What happens in the RP forum, stays in the RP forum". So don't post as your character, or reference events, etc that happen in the RP forum elsewhere. Just keep them there.

- Respect everyone's characters. If you want to do something drastic or controversial or anything to another person's character, PM them first and get permission.

- Don't derail the flow of an RP (common sense). Ex, if an RP is about rebuilding Cardassia, no one should have the Caretaker come and steal the characters to the Delta Quadrant suddenly

- The forum is unmoderated. If problems develop and we feel it needs to be moderated, the forum will close.

- Subject matter must not contain excess sexual imagery, and should be kept PG-13. Sex can be alluded to; but not written. Please don't try to push the limits - we aren't the MPAA. Just remember there are kids here. If you want to write about sex, there are other adult-audience websites that cater to that so you might be better off posting there.

- Do not advertise other RP sites in the RP forum. Website advertisements can go in the "Gaming and Websites" forum.

What we will do is open the RP forum for 30 days. After 30 days, the moderators will evaluate whether it has had a positive impact or negative impact on the board. If we deem it to have a negative impact, we are going to disable the forum at the end of 30 days. So essentially this is an experiment. I hope it turns out well, as I have voted FOR this to be created, and would hate to have my faith in all of you shattered But it's in YOUR hands.

If you post, you have to be okay with the RP being taken down at the end of the month if we don't feel it is successful. Otherwise we suggest you find an established RPG game somewhere else for your RP enjoyment.

The forum is inside Quark's Gaming Consortium :)http://www.theomegasector.com/index.php?showforum=69

could we possibly have a bit longer trial period, say two or three months? i only ask this because of time zone differences, with half of us in the US and the other half in the UK. also, this being summer, bad weather could keep ppl offline (thunderstorms and, in some areas, twisters).

just something i wanted to bring up.

thanks!

I agree with this. 30 days isn't a fair test. Some people have lives, work and the time differences...don't get me going on those darn time differences! Unless Cheile and i happen to catch each other on AIM (for example) We may only be able to do one exchange per day in our thread. And if bad weather happens, she wont be on at all.

I request at least 60 days. Please?

I think 30 days will be enough for us to judge if any problems will come from the forum... We are not concerned with how much it is used at this time.

Ahh, ok then. I think many of us were misunderstanding that it would closed, if there wasn't a ton of useage.

We don't have much time left before the forum could be closed, so I was wondering what the stance is on keeping it? Are we leaning towards keeping it? Figured I would ask because my RP partner has hit a block and we are sorta stuck right now with being able to post.

Oh, and there were at least 13 other people for this, so why isn't anyone else useing it? :rolleyes::P