Sign in to follow this  
Ael

A suggestion

As of late, Cheile, myself and a couple of others have taken over a couple of threads for RP purposes. (NOT adult) It's been a lot of fun, but it got me to thinking...

I think we could use a RP forum here at the OS. We could make topics on whatever and keep the thread going on that topic. I know quite a few of us that would use it and use it on a pretty regular basis. I think it would be a lot of fun, and maybe this way we wouldn't clog up the lounge or the space totty thing with mindless dribble about a card game or a tribble adventure gone wrong. :P

It could also be used for serious RP's like a crew on some type of hazardess mission perhaps. *shrugs* I just thought it might be a nice thing. Maybe we could try it for like a month and see how it does?

Ok, off to bed for me!

I guess it would depend if more people are interested. I think we'd need at least 10 to say they'd participate. So if we could get 10 people to post here that they'd use it, we could definitely try it.

Well, one person suggested it a while ago. I was against it then because I didn't think we'd get enough people, but if you think enough people would be interested, I suppose a sub-forum could be put in the gaming consortium.

Well, one person suggested it a while ago. I was against it then because I didn't think we'd get enough people, but if you think enough people would be interested, I suppose a sub-forum could be put in the gaming consortium.

That's what I'm thinking. A RP sub-forum would be a good idea to have put in the gaming consortium. Maybe make some RP threads first in the gaming consortium to see how it goes before adding a sub-forum there. The Ten Forward Lounge Thread (my thread) is not much of regular chat thread anymore and turning into a RP thread already.

Edited by JayTheTrekkie

7 people say yes so far, and some of the other regulars haven't even been in yet for a say. I know Cheile would be interested and I don't doubt that my husband would be. Would probably make him post a little more. That would be 9. C'mon, just let us have it! :thumbup:

For a bump's sake, and for the sake that I might join in the fun--yeah, me too. Why not open one? :thumbup:

Woohoo! That's 9 confirmed yeses so far and believe me, I KNOW Cheile will be in, and that makes 10. :thumbup: I dont doubt that others will join in, if this is put in place.

*Shrugs* Still, enough people want it, and if it's placed in the gameing area as a sub forum, it isn't going to be raising any post counts. I really don't see an issue.

I'd love to see one, and if such a place existed, I might poke my head in from time-to-time.

No promises of participation, but I think it can't really hurt, right? :thumbsup2:

Is a RP forum like a RPG forum?

We could always give it a trial for 30 days (more or less) and see how it goes.

Yeah, Bob, RP=Role Play.

Like many of the Trek starship RPs you see out there, etc. I know that many people, even though they may not fully commit, would join in. It's a fun way to divert yourself. ;)

i almost missed this thread....but yes i think an RPG forum would be good. we could also share links to RPGs we think members would enjoy, if that would be permissible?

The topic of a RP forum is currently under discussion. A decision should be made shortly.

OK, I'll bite...NEVER done anything like an RP (actually had to read the whole thread to even figure out WHAT that meant), but, I've really enjoyed the boards and would be interested as well. Just consider me the sacraficial Ensign that goes with the away team and never makes it back!!! So, if it takes off, and no one minds a complete nube to help out, count me in!

Edited by ThePumpkinGeek