Voyager

Is There in Truth No Beauty

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Really liked the episodes, especially after last weeks episode (And The Children Shall Lead) which I didn't like at all.

This one I give an 8

Did not realize Diana Muldaur was such a beautiful women!

What I did not understand was in the last scene when Miranda beams of the ship, Spock is wearing his 3D :biggrin: glasses but Kirk is also in the room without any glasses.

Error or am I missing something?

Kirk leaves the transporter room before Kolos is beamed aboard.

No I believe not, watched it last night and I specificly watched for that. You see Kirk walking out of the transporter room right after they beamed of board.

(I checked the screencaps (HD) on Trekcore and although not conclusive, it confirms what I'm saying, you see Spock holding the glasses, in the next screencap you see an empty transporter pad and the next screencap is Kirk watching.) So I guess it's an error.

Edited by MS1-DS9-Fan

No I believe not, watched it last night and I specificly watched for that. You see Kirk walking out of the transporter room right after they beamed of board.

(I checked the screencaps (HD) on Trekcore and although not conclusive, it confirms what I'm saying, you see Spock holding the glasses, in the next screencap you see an empty transporter pad and the next screencap is Kirk watching.) So I guess it's an error.

I very specifically remember Kirk telling Spock, "Inform me when transport is complete" right before he leaves the room...

OK; just scanned it on Netflix. No offense, but... I'm right. Kirk clearly LEAVES the transporter room before Spock engages the transporter. The HD screen caps here at Trekcore also back me up:

isthereintruthnobeautyhd0050.jpg

Kirk is clearly seen leaving before Spock puts his visor on; which is right before he beams Kolos aboard. No error.

You might be watching a tape of an edited-for-syndication version (?).

Could not resist so I checked immediately and what I said is in any case also true, see link below. Kirk nods and says "peace" and then we see her transport away and after that Kirk walks out of the room. (regarding the HD screencaps on Trekcore, looks to me they are backing me up also.)

http://www.sfseriesandmovies.com/tv-series-projects-in-limbo-cancelled/sleepy-hollow/trek-tos/

Here I added a YT clip just recorded from my tv

Edited by MS1-DS9-Fan

Could not resist so I checked immediately and what I said is in any case also true, see link below. Kirk nods and says "peace" and then we see her transport away and after that Kirk walks out of the room. (regarding the HD screencaps on Trekcore, looks to me they are backing me up also.)

http://www.sfseriesandmovies.com/tv-series-projects-in-limbo-cancelled/sleepy-hollow/trek-tos/

Here I added a YT clip just recorded from my tv

Oh, I'm sorry... I misunderstood (oops!).

I thought you meant when Kolos first arrives on the ship, not departs... my bad. Sorry about that. You are ABSOLUTELY right and I tip my hat to you and humbly beg your forgiveness. :P

Yes, it is indeed a continuity error; Kirk mouths the word, "Peace" after Kolos is transported down with Dr. Jones.

You are correct, and I withdraw my earlier nitpick...

ArpGR2s.gif

Now I understand your remark "Kirk leaves the transporter room before Kolos is beamed aboard."

Thought that was odd, from the beginning you were thinking about the arrival, not the last scene. :)

Normally I would not go to so much trouble to prove it but I was so convinced because I'd just seen it the other day.

Well I don't need forgiveness but it's very thoughtful of you! :)

Now I understand your remark "Kirk leaves the transporter room before Kolos is beamed aboard."

Thought that was odd, from the beginning you were thinking about the arrival, not the last scene. :)

Normally I would not go to so much trouble to prove it but I was so convinced because I'd just seen it the other day.

Well I don't need forgiveness but it's very thoughtful of you! :)

I was stuck in that opening scene; my first thought was that maybe you saw a syndicated print (via tape or DVR) where that moment was somehow cut out (?).

Clearly that was not the case and I was thinking of the wrong transporter room scene.

giphy.gif:P:laugh:

Hey, when I'm wrong? I'm wrong.

And you were right. :)

:clap: With me it's the same, when I'm wrong I'm never afraid to admit it.

As my wife would remind me, I'm wrong too often to say otherwise... :P

The 60s' sexism is a bit annoying and the story grotesque, but I feel this episode is very strong when it comes to its awkward mood. Especially the music is outstanding IMO, perhaps one of the most remarkable TOS episodes in these regards. So is the camera work in several scenes. All together, it creates a thick nightmarish atmosphere.

And it's always great to see when Nimoy gets something else to act than just Spock's coolness, like in the latter third of this episode when he first is telepathically united with Kollos and then gets crazy.

8 out of 10 points for me.

Edited by Sim

I never understood why Marvick, Kirk and McCoy are so gaga over her, especially Marvick.  He must thrive on rejection! :loopy: At least Spock and Scotty don't swoon over her, thank heaven.  Miranda Jones may be an attractive, educated and accomplished woman, but she is lacking rather noticeably in warmth and personality. I do, however, love the sensor web dress she wore.  Gorgeous design!  

I never understood why Marvick, Kirk and McCoy are so gaga over her, especially Marvick.  He must thrive on rejection! :loopy: At least Spock and Scotty don't swoon over her, thank heaven.  Miranda Jones may be an attractive, educated and accomplished woman, but she is lacking rather noticeably in warmth and personality. I do, however, love the sensor web dress she wore.  Gorgeous design!  

Miranda Jones (and I say this with all love to Diana Muldaur; whom I adored in TNG) was written a bit as a Mary Sue; with the male officers all doing cartwheels every time she walked in.  

Muldaur played the  role (as written) well, and I liked the episode, but yeah; given Miranda's standoffish demeanor?  It seemed that the male officers were unduly fawning over her.   At least Spock kept his cool (though he did wear his fancy Vulcan IDIC bling-bling for her... :giggle:). 

Maybe being Starfleet officers, they're predisposed to love a challenge? :P

The episode is so insanely sexist. Spock and Kirk can't go to her and lay it out because...woman, I guess. Kirk sets out to 'distract' her instead,

The episode is so insanely sexist. Spock and Kirk can't go to her and lay it out because...woman, I guess. Kirk sets out to 'distract' her instead,

Yeah, that reminded me of Dan Akryod's old SNL sketch...

hqdefault.jpg