Sign in to follow this  
Voyager

Spock's Brain

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

I'm still wondering:

A: What were the writers taking?

B: Is it legal?

C: Can I have some? :giggle:

If only the cut-and-pasters----er, 'writers' ( :giggle: ) of STID could've stolen plot, dialogue and characters from THIS episode... :thumbup:

Even this episode still has a better plot than any of Abrams' minions could ever come up with. ;)

JJ has not COME UP with anything... He redid Star Wars in 09 and Into Darkness was a rehash of Wrath of Khan and Space Seed... even though this episode marks the low point of TOS it was at least original

So glad I'm not the only TOS fan who doesn't like Space Seed (see: my scathing review of it in the Space Seed thread). :thumbup:

I think Kevin was referring to "Spock's Brain" with his "least original" remark... but I could have read this one wrong... :dontgetit:

Yes I was accutally saying Spocks Brain... Worst Episode of TOS... but original... more than can be said for either JJ Abrams film

My bad... senior moment.

But I still stand by my scathing view of Space Seed. Loved "Wrath of Khan"; not crazy about it's predecessor.

My bad senior moment...my scathing view of Space Seed. Loved "Wrath of Khan"....crazy about it's predecessor.

Yes! You finally admit it. :)Just ignore the liberal changes to your original content. :P

Edited by Admiral Harmon

My bad senior moment...my scathing view of Space Seed. Loved "Wrath of Khan"....crazy about it's predecessor.

Yes! You finally admit it. :) Just ignore the liberal changes to your original content. :P

(Sehlat Vie having another senior moment....)

original.jpg << "Where's your mommy?!?"

(I'd have to be going senile to start loving "Space Seed"; seriously, other than Montalban [who gives a good performance, if insufferably sexist] that episode is one for the crapper....)

Edited by Sehlat Vie

Yes! You finally admit it. :)Just ignore the liberal changes to your original content. :P

(I'd have to be going senile to start loving "Space Seed"; seriously, other than Montalban [who gives a good performance, if insufferably sexist] that episode is one for the crapper....)

tumblr_mr30vhcGIz1s13kjuo1_500.gif

Edited by Admiral Harmon

Yes! You finally admit it. :) Just ignore the liberal changes to your original content. :P

PalpatineTauntingLuke.png

Nice try, but I'm already on the dark side..... :P

PalpatineTauntingLuke.png

Nice try, but I'm already on the dark side..... :P

Holy crap! It's the Pope!

"Spock's Brain" was the first episode of Star Trek I ever saw, in 1969, when I was eleven, so it'll always have a warm spot in my heart in spite of its obvious deficiencies.

The premise is silly, and much of the dialogue is ridiculous, but it's never dull, unlike, say, "The Alternative Factor," so I find it to be FAR from the worst episode of TOS. And Nimoy is genuinely creepy as Spock's disembrained body; Spock's body with no one home behind the eyes is pretty damned disturbing. Pretty good for an actor who was fighting embarrassment during the entire episode. ;)

And c'mon, it's SPOCK'S brain. You know that's gotta be quite a prize; it's a wonder they didn't have people trying to steal it every couple of episodes. :laugh:

Edited by Corylea

Sign in to follow this