Sign in to follow this  
Voyager

Spock's Brain

Favorite Overall Trek Series/Movie  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your overall favorite Star Trek series?

• Star Trek: Enterprise
    • Star Trek: The Original Series
    • Star Trek: The Animated Series
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    • Star Trek: Voyager
  2. 2. What is your overall favorite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek - I: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek - II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek - III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek - IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek - V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek - VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek - VII: Generations
    • Star Trek - VIII: First Contact
    • Star Trek - IX: Insurrection
    • Star Trek - X: Nemesis

Spock's Brain

TOS Season 3, Episode 1

WRITTEN BY

Lee Cronin (Gene L. Coon)

DIRECTED BY

Marc Daniels

First Aired Sep 20, 1968

Stardate 5431.4

A woman appears on the Enterprise, incapacitates the crew, and removes Mr. Spock's brain. Captain Kirk leads a landing party to Sigma Draconis VI where the crew finds the males and females of the planet to be totally separated, leaving us all to wonder "what do they want with Spock's brain?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone always goes on about how bad this episode it. Now, I admit it isn't great, but I think there have been far worse episodes throughout the series.

I give it a 5.

I think it's so bad that it's actually hilarious. ;) And I agree, there are far worse episodes.

I give it a 6. ;)

An entertaining ep with gems like "Brain,what is brain?" Inane,but humorous. :biggrin:

This may have had an idiotic plot, but it was very amusing.

“You are not morg, or imorg."

Stupid but funny. One wonders how they managed to survive for so long... The most stupid part was when Spock helped Bones do the op.

Edited by maneth

A profoundly disappointing episode with some unintentionally funny moments. Scotty's fake illness to regain the phaser, some of the blasted dialogue and the end

pains to give a TOS episode a small score

Well, I like it :happy: I'd take hilariously funny over an episode that's boring any day of the week. I'll carefully step over the fact that he had his brain removed, and Bones' reaction to it, and I will to remote control Spock as well, but Bones' " I can't remember! I'm forgetting it all!!!" and his facial expressions are just about the funniest thing I have seen in the whole series. This deserves a 6.

spocksbrain_346.jpg

This is me, getting the episode streamed directly into my brain..... :laugh:

Actually, I give this one a generous 6. Largely because its just so funny. It's like a ST written by Ed Wood. I half expect to see the Eymorgs wearing angora sweaters... :P

Also notable for its absolutely belly laugh-worthy description of women (I say this as a man who's been married 14 years): "The givers of pain... and delight." :giggle:

Too silly to take seriously, I can only watch and enjoy this one as a camp parody of TOS.

Edited by Sehlat Vie

I'm still wondering:

A: What were the writers taking?

B: Is it legal?

C: Can I have some? :giggle:

If only the cut-and-pasters----er, 'writers' ( :giggle: ) of STID could've stolen plot, dialogue and characters from THIS episode... :thumbup:

I'm still wondering:

If only the cut-and-pasters----er, 'writers' ( :giggle: ) of STID could've stolen plot, dialogue and characters from THIS episode... :thumbup:

Then it would have been Star Trek... Into Kirk's Brain... Alien women steal Kirk's Brain instead of Spocks... and where the alien city wants to make out with all the chicks and be a fall into every trap

I'm still wondering:

Even this episode still has a better plot than any of Abrams' minions could ever come up with. ;)

I'm still wondering:

Then it would have been Star Trek... Into Kirk's Brain... Alien women steal Kirk's Brain instead of Spocks... and where the alien city wants to make out with all the chicks and be a fall into every trap

And then order it's population of redshirts into various campy deaths, only to then resurrect them with the mystic secretion of some indigenous creature's sweat glands or something.

I'm still wondering:

Even this episode still has a better plot than any of Abrams' minions could ever come up with. ;)

At least it didn't steal from anyone else's work..... :giggle:

I'm still wondering:

At least it didn't steal from anyone else's work..... :giggle:

I doubt you COULD steal this kind of plot from ANYONE, this is something that one HAS to think of all on one's own, lol.

I'm still wondering:

JJ has not COME UP with anything... He redid Star Wars in 09 and Into Darkness was a rehash of Wrath of Khan and Space Seed... even though this episode marks the low point of TOS it was at least original

I'm still wondering:

JJ has not COME UP with anything... He redid Star Wars in 09 and Into Darkness was a rehash of Wrath of Khan and Space Seed... even though this episode marks the low point of TOS it was at least original

So glad I'm not the only TOS fan who doesn't like Space Seed (see: my scathing review of it in the Space Seed thread). :thumbup:

Sign in to follow this